Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/17/21 - SDSUvsStMary’s + 2 others; WHO YA GOT?

Huge game for SDSU who are languishing at #91 in the most recent NET rankings and lacking a Quad1/Quad2 non-conference win. They’re on the edge when it comes to an At-Large bid and need this one so they dont have to rely on running through the MWC schedule at a ridiculous rate. I’m not touching the game. I was considering the Under but all it takes is a close game with fouls at the end to put it over the number.

Sparty on the road scares me. Not going to touch any Sparty road game until they actually win one.

Which leaves Fresno and Cal Poly. On paper it looks like a big spread for the Dogs who are offensively challenged. But I think its doable because of the quality of the defense their playing and the level of the competition. I’m going with the Bulldogs -14.5 tonight.

Portland is 8-4 mostly against huge cupcakes with plenty of frosting. SJSU has been great at home with most their losses on the road. The Spartans can help the MWC with a win over a WCC team.  I have no feel for this game at all so will pass. 

Even though they are 3-7, most of Cal Poly’s games have been close. I’m picking them to cover a 14.5 spread against Fresno who won’t take them serious. Fresno will still win by 8-10 points. 

Now for the game that means something for both teams if they’re hoping for an at large selection in March. Normally I’d take the home team on this one except it’s a neutral site game in Phoenix. The Aztecs have had a long layoff to work out the kinks and are the more athletic team. It’s put up or shut up time for SDSU. This one is going down to the wire with the Aztecs getting the win and thus covering. Would love to watch this one but dammit it’s on a pay stream Flohoops. 

This is a big one for SDSU's at-large resume. They really need a W tonight.

Fresno is sneaking their way into the at-large conversation. They need to take care of business and not get tripped up by an inferior opponent like USU and BSU did against UC Davis and CSUB.

If SJSU can get a win tonight I'm prepared to call them a solid D1 basketball team.

10 minutes ago, ripple effect said:

Damn the pressure, good people, but since it’s such a novel concept for SJSU basketball I will gladly accept it (while crossing my fingers)…

Sparty is still looking for their first road win. It all comes down to how they shoot the ball early tonight. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

5 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Sparty is still looking for their first road win. It all comes down to how they shoot the ball early tonight. 

That’s part of the equation, sure, but not all. I would say rebounding and turnovers are also key.  Miles has the team playing pretty good defense, interior notwithstanding. I don’t think Diallo is playing, so that’s a drawback on the defensive end. Need to “team rebound” really well tonight. If that happens, I like our chances more than not…

Spartans up 42-37, at the half. 10 3-pt shots made in the half by the Spartans.

24 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Spartans up 42-37, at the half. 10 3-pt shots made in the half by the Spartans.

Just got home from work and am happy to see were up. Looking forward to a road win for a change. Hopefully.

Go Spartans!

Spartans win @ Portland. :cheer: SJSU improves to 6-4, which is one more win than they had all of last season. Pilots drop to 8-5.