Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAMO

Urban Fired...lol

Oh man and they waited until after the big college jobs were all taken. Hilarious. 

These nfl teams need to realize that it’s almost always a mistake to hire the hot college coach. They’re different jobs completely. The “head ball coach” schtick does not work on adults who make more money than you. 

24 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Man, the Jaguars job is attractive as hell. You essentially get a number one pick-worthy QB prospect, two good young RBs, and a top 5 pick in addition to that. 

You will also probably get a lot of slack. Meyer was a true dumpster fire.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

13 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Well played on his part. Collects maximum amount of revenue for minimum amount of effort. 

Off into the sunset he goes.

And if he wants to he can probably collect at least another 10 million or so by being the head at a college team. Granted he might need to a wait a year or two but I am sure some big-5 school will be willing to give him another shot soon enough.  

Head coach is a pro sports is one of the best jobs to fail at. You fail and you get fired/paid millions of dollars to not work. 

Don't get me wrong I understand they signed a contract. However in most jobs even if you sign a contract and they want to get rid of you (but can't fire for cause) don't they just throw you in the corner and give you some pointless job or change your job role (as much as they can without breaking the contract) to make you miserable and hope you quit. 

Not a fan.  I loved it when the OSU Prez and Board smacked him down and put him in his place.

In fairness though, he did seem to be more accurate than the kicker he kicked.  Anyways, I don't think he surfaces anywhere for awhile.  He's pretty toxic after the OSU exit and the sh1tshow that just went down in Jacksonville.