Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B_Lootz

Utah State gunna Utah State

17 hours ago, fanhood said:

That actually sounds like good advice to young men. They should avoid premarital sex altogether, and certainly with young Mormon women, who may want to maintain their virtue in the eyes of the family, and culture they derive from.

I heard Mormon girls only do anal so they can preserve their virtue for their future husband. 

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I heard Mormon girls only do anal so they can preserve their virtue for their future husband. 

so do catholic girls...lol

the whole 'pope and jesus said teh other hole is ok' trick works wonders...lol

2 hours ago, SAMO said:

so do catholic girls...lol

the whole 'pope and jesus said teh other hole is ok' trick works wonders...lol

My experience in Catholic school was wildly different.  

Nobody as freaky as a Catholic girl with a rich daddy concerned about her sin hole.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My experience in Catholic school was wildly different.  

Nobody as freaky as a Catholic girl with a rich daddy concerned about her sin hole.

nobody gives head like catholic girls...lol they can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch...lol

3 minutes ago, SAMO said:

nobody gives head like catholic girls...lol they can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch...lol

There are very few universal truths in this world.  This is one.  

Also, while freaky AF, they tend to be loyal and loving partners, even while young.  Even if they experiment around to find the guy they want to settle with.  To any young men who maybe reading this, get yourself a good Catholic girl.  

On 12/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, Del Scorcho said:

I’m not Mormon but found what he said inappropriate and bigoted.  I’m not at all into cancel culture, but the guy is chief of police.  It’s his job to protect and serve everyone. Also sounds like USU has had a troubled culture in the past inside their football program in regards to women. That can be changed. 

When Brennan took over the football program at SJSU, he established the “Blue Line”.  It is a set of cultural norms inside the program. They are printed on the wall of the locker room and if you are not cool with them, then maybe you are not cut out to be a Spartan. 

One is that you will treat women with proper respect. It’s non negotiable. We get kids from all different backgrounds, but part of the task at hand (besides football) is to educate them and make gentleman of them. Brennan takes that seriously. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

I find the statements inartful. Nothing worse than that. I don't expect coaches to be fluent in the gobbledygook required to pass muster in the sociology dept.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

It wasn't just that Anderson's comment was inartful, but that it emphasizes the idea of false reporting over believing the victim.  The wording of his comment is just a small way in which we see the persistence of a culture in which true victims are afraid to come forward because of how they would be treated and dismissed.

That being said, the comments published in these articles were surely not the entirety of what BA said, and what was shared with the team, in general.  BA has responded to all of this, acknowledging the hurtfulness of the things he said, emphasizing that more victims being willing to come forward is a good thing and they should feel safe to do so, and outlining where he stands on these issues and what he tries to teach his athletes.  I feel like the response is completely appropriate.  I don't believe in the so-called "cancel culture" one bit because it does not allow for change and growth.  I believe the person that slips up and says something insensitive, inappropriate, and/or damaging and is caught then has the opportunity to learn and grow from it, becoming better and helping those around them become better going forward.  I still believe in Anderson's character and integrity and have every hope that he will just be all the better equipped to deliver the right message in the right way to his teams in the future.

BECAUSETHEAGGIES.jpg

On 12/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, utenation said:

I get it. I really do. I've lived here for 40+ years. I hope you'll be ok.. It must be scary that the bubble wrap and bubble you have created and feel comfortable in is disintegrating more and more each year.  There's many good LDS folks that live here and have an open mind. And there's definitely hard core radicals like you here too. 

I've learned to navigate around your brainwashed ilk and still enjoy living here.

It doesn’t sound like you are happy there. You sound pretty bigoted against the Mormon religion yet you chose to live amongst it. You are obviously free to live wherever you like, but why are you upset that Mormons are Mormons? They have the right to practice their religion just as you have a right to do what you do. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, BigBlueDart said:

It wasn't just that Anderson's comment was inartful, but that it emphasizes the idea of false reporting over believing the victim.  The wording of his comment is just a small way in which we see the persistence of a culture in which true victims are afraid to come forward because of how they would be treated and dismissed.

That being said, the comments published in these articles were surely not the entirety of what BA said, and what was shared with the team, in general.  BA has responded to all of this, acknowledging the hurtfulness of the things he said, emphasizing that more victims being willing to come forward is a good thing and they should feel safe to do so, and outlining where he stands on these issues and what he tries to teach his athletes.  I feel like the response is completely appropriate.  I don't believe in the so-called "cancel culture" one bit because it does not allow for change and growth.  I believe the person that slips up and says something insensitive, inappropriate, and/or damaging and is caught then has the opportunity to learn and grow from it, becoming better and helping those around them become better going forward.  I still believe in Anderson's character and integrity and have every hope that he will just be all the better equipped to deliver the right message in the right way to his teams in the future.

The guy who prayed over an opposing player with a grizzly injury is not someone you run out of town because he spoke about a known risk to a roomful of feckless college kids without allowing for every permutation of events he wasn't addressing.

I think we don't really disagree.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

5 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I hate to say it because I like what he's done in Logan, but its possible he's going to be gone

I can't imagine he loses his job over this unless he said something truly horrifying. But he better, at the bare minimum, do some really heavy duty apologizing. And probably contribute a portion of his bonus check this year to a charity that helps victims of sexual violence.

52 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

I can't imagine he loses his job over this unless he said something truly horrifying. But he better, at the bare minimum, do some really heavy duty apologizing. And probably contribute a portion of his bonus check this year to a charity that helps victims of sexual violence.

The woke and their sales of indulgences. 🙄

1 hour ago, USU78 said:

The woke and their sales of indulgences. 🙄

Are you really defending Anderson's comments here? If that's the case, then I'm ashamed that you consider yourself a USU fan. Anderson's comments were beyond vile, and I don't care how good he is at coaching football. If he said what he supposedly said and doesn't show any contrition at all, I want him gone. I don't want someone representing USU that is going to blame rape victims and discourage future victims from coming forward. Some things are more important than winning football games. I want to believe that Anderson is a good person who doesn't actually believe that rape victims think that being a victim is "glamorous" and he just said something stupid during the course of what he thought was a private conversation. If so, he shouldn't lose his job over that. But his comments were vile and disgusting, and he needs to do some very heavy duty apologizing, at the bare minimum. I suggested a donation to a charity to show that his contrition wasn't just talk, but that's just me speaking. What I do know is that if USU or its fans are going to defend a man who coddles rapists and blames their victims, then I'm done supporting USU athletics or USU generally. I'm not okay with coddling rapists to win football games. Like I said, I want to believe that's not what is going on here, but let's not minimize this. This is not a case of people being "too woke." This is about saying that rape is not okay and that victims should be given support and compassion rather than blamed for the crime they suffered.

18 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Are you really defending Anderson's comments here? If that's the case, then I'm ashamed that you consider yourself a USU fan. Anderson's comments were beyond vile, and I don't care how good he is at coaching football. If he said what he supposedly said and doesn't show any contrition at all, I want him gone. I don't want someone representing USU that is going to blame rape victims and discourage future victims from coming forward. Some things are more important than winning football games. I want to believe that Anderson is a good person who doesn't actually believe that rape victims think that being a victim is "glamorous" and he just said something stupid during the course of what he thought was a private conversation. If so, he shouldn't lose his job over that. But his comments were vile and disgusting, and he needs to do some very heavy duty apologizing, at the bare minimum. I suggested a donation to a charity to show that his contrition wasn't just talk, but that's just me speaking. What I do know is that if USU or its fans are going to defend a man who coddles rapists and blames their victims, then I'm done supporting USU athletics or USU generally. I'm not okay with coddling rapists to win football games. Like I said, I want to believe that's not what is going on here, but let's not minimize this. This is not a case of people being "too woke." This is about saying that rape is not okay and that victims should be given support and compassion rather than blamed for the crime they suffered.

There are actual liars and drama queens in the world. If you haven't encountered them, bully for you. Blake plainly has, and I'm delighted he taught his charges to protect themselves from such people.

It is infantalization to pretend no women ever lied and no women ever imagine themselves the heroines of a reality they construct bearing little resemblance to the world.

Personality disorders and such are all too real. The world is messy and all too often our best intentions get blunted by people with agendas 

You're a foolish man and you deserve to be judged by the exact same strictures you want imposed on Blake. You should be ashamed of yourself for badmouthing him and joining yourself to fools. 

6 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I’m not Mormon but found what he said inappropriate and bigoted.  I’m not at all into cancel culture, but the guy is chief of police.  It’s his job to protect and serve everyone. Also sounds like USU has had a troubled culture in the past inside their football program in regards to women. That can be changed. 

When Brennan took over the football program at SJSU, he established the “Blue Line”.  It is a set of cultural norms inside the program. They are printed on the wall of the locker room and if you are not cool with them, then maybe you are not cut out to be a Spartan. 

One is that you will treat women with proper respect. It’s non negotiable. We get kids from all different backgrounds, but part of the task at hand (besides football) is to educate them and make gentleman of them. Brennan takes that seriously. 

Dude, everybody here wants women treated with proper respect, not sure why you face palmed any comment that women also have sexuality.  

What ultra conservatives fail to realize is that treating women with respect ALSO means acknowledging your sexual partners fantasies, desires and communicating with them during the act.  Women are highly sex driven creatures and freakier then men at the same age, there are studies about this.  It is science my friend.  Joking about women being overly horny is a thing as old as time, for a reason.  Now of course I believe you should always treat them the way in public my grandfather treated my grandma, and not a fan of kiss and tell.  

On 12/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, StanfordAggie said:

I didn't interpret the comment as bigoted (although I can see how one would read it that way). A friend of mine (who is one of the most diehard true believing Mormons I know) once said, "Mormons are like manure. Put too many in one place and they stink. But spread them around and they are wonderful fertilizer." Even as an LDS person, I'm uncomfortable about the amount of power that the LDS Church has in the state of Utah. (As I recall, Utah is now about 60% LDS and less than 50% practicing LDS, but the state legislature is still something like 93% practicing LDS.) And I have seen far too many instances in Utah where non-LDS people were socially ostracized or treated with suspicion. So I can certainly understand why a non-LDS person would be happy to see the state becoming more religiously diverse that have nothing to do with bigotry against Mormons.

The legislature is the problem here.

Too many people from the small towns around the state trying to implement church in the legislature

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg