Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Hey UNRfan

It's a tough deal when the head coach takes a lateral position and immediatly shits on his former employer while engaging in obvious acts of tampering... But there are good things happening.  Former RB Vai Taua was just appointed Asst. Head Coach and that has the fanbase and alums excited. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

7 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

It's a tough deal when the head coach takes a lateral position and immediatly shits on his former employer while engaging in obvious acts of tampering... But there are good things happening.  Former RB Vai Taua was just appointed Asst. Head Coach and that has the fanbase and alums excited. 

I think I just heard Wilson is going to coach in Oregon's Bowl game. Is that true? That's unusual and another tough break if so.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I think I just heard Wilson is going to coach in Oregon's Bowl game. Is that true? That's unusual and another tough break if so.

I hadn't heard that.  Vai Taua is going to be the interim HC for the bowl game while Wilson manages recruiting, new hires, etc. so I assumed he was no longer with Oregon.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

34 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Oregon this offseason has seen offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead get hired by Akron to become their new head football coach. Linebacker coach Ken Wilson was hired by Nevada for their head coaching position. Defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter is going to Texas Tech as their new defensive coordinator, and Oregon safety coach Marcel Yates will follow DeRuyter in the same capacity. Oregon offensive line coach Alex Mirabal is joining Mario Cristobal's staff at Miami.

"They are all still here coaching these young men through the bowl," said Mullens.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-178272601/

7 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Yes Wilson is coaching Oregon in the bowl game this is ridiculous. He has had the job for a week and I have not seen 1 single offer out on Twitter and 0 players retained from the portal. This hire is giving me polian vibes

oh C'mon.

BFD that he goes to San Antonio for a few days for  that bowl.

Can hit up some TX recruits?

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

oh C'mon.

BFD that he goes to San Antonio for a few days for  that bowl.

Can hit up some TX recruits?

Guy could not even explain what type of offense we were going to run in the press conference. 0 offers have gone out during the most important time of the year. It is a big deal he’s coaching Oregon he should only be focused on the pack and saving us from a complete rebuild 

4 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Guy could not even explain what type of offense we were going to run in the press conference. 0 offers have gone out during the most important time of the year. It is a big deal he’s coaching Oregon he should only be focused on the pack and saving us from a complete rebuild 

its a rebuild anyways. Even if Jay stayed. Probably was  1/2 the reason he bolted.

were-all-gonna-die.gif

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

Well, we just got like a foot of snow so we might have a white Christmas….

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

My wife and I use this line all the time. It's still hilarious. 😀

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

Tampering?

56 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Yes Wilson is coaching Oregon in the bowl game this is ridiculous. He has had the job for a week and I have not seen 1 single offer out on Twitter and 0 players retained from the portal. This hire is giving me polian vibes

Offered QB Jonathan Maldonado today, not sure what his skill level is but the staff is keeping an eye moving forward. It ain’t much but it’s honest work…

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It's been a bad month for Wolfpack. Is there anything positive for you guys or is it as bad as it looks from the outside?

It's a tough pill to swallow for sure.   Norvell had his dream team this year and he didn't win a championship so maybe the nicer facilities and extra million will get him over the hump.   And maybe, in time, he will realize he didn't have to exit sounding like a major sniveler.   I think the tough  part is that we liked the guy and bought into his tough guy loyalty bullshit.   

1 hour ago, fbpack said:

this has to be one of the phucking dumbest complaints I've ever heard. how the hell is any coach going to know that until he knows what he's working with?

58 minutes ago, renoskier said:

this has to be one of the phucking dumbest complaints I've ever heard. how the hell is any coach going to know that until he knows what he's working with?

Because if he was a coach with vision he would know exactly what type of offense he was going to run. Coach Muss and Norvell during there job acceptance speech both laid out what and how they were going to do something 

5 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Because if he was a coach with vision he would know exactly what type of offense he was going to run. Coach Muss and Norvell during there job acceptance speech both laid out what and how they were going to do something 

Well it’s easy for bball coaches. They all just have to go to their first press conference and say that they are going to “push the pace and play up tempo, exciting basketball”

In actuality their teams don’t end up  playing fast but, hey, the buzz words get the fan base going. 

3 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

Well, we just got like a foot of snow so we might have a white Christmas….

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

Nice.  We're in a freaking drought over here.

Maybe Norvell can go get Reno's snow while he's at it.  I'll ask him.