Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Nevada Quarterback in the tranfer portal

17 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m just discussing this calmly, and you’re going all drama queen on me. You must have something else going on to get that upset about a simple QB discussion. 

A 3rd string RS guy at that.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

19 minutes ago, bigd said:

Congrats, that's a big get for CSU. Next years game is sure going to be weird. 

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

#SuperiorLifestyle

And that is Horton on the right. When it rains it pours. This a GOT Red Wedding style beat down Norvell is laying on the Pack.

9 hours ago, fbpack said:

You sound like the guy that’s been banging my wife !!

You should hear what she sounds like, when I'm banging your wife...

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Is your QB from this year returning? I wonder what the chances are the Millen starts this year?

Last seasons starter (Centeio) entered the transfer portal yesterday.  I think there is a strong chance that Millen is the starter at CSU in 2022 given his experience in the system.

15 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Nevada only has themselves to blame.

You're conflating Norvell leaving for a bigger paycheck with how he's conducting himself after the split, which is what people in Reno aren't happy about. 

32 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

You're conflating Norvell leaving for a bigger paycheck with how he's conducting himself after the split, which is what people in Reno aren't happy about. 

And here’s what I don’t get. How is Jay Norvell “conducting himself” that has people in Reno so unhappy? He’s doing what a head football coach is supposed to do to build a winning program.

15 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Nevada only has themselves to blame.

And it's our fault because . . . .we don't have the resources that CSU has?  Or you think we should have spent money we don't have?  Or we should have stayed in FCS?

1 minute ago, wolfan said:

And it's our fault because . . . .we don't have the resources that CSU has?  Or you think we should have spent money we don't have?  Or we should have stayed in FCS?

You had the money for Alford.

24 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

And here’s what I don’t get. How is Jay Norvell “conducting himself” that has people in Reno so unhappy? He’s doing what a head football coach is supposed to do to build a winning program.

As he is supposed to do.

Back before there were Scholly limits, well funded Schools used to recruit, sign, and prevent kids from transferring  just to keep them from signing with a Conference Rival.

The Pacific States Conference shut down because of payola scandals at USC and UCLA.

Schools like Penn State, Baylor and Michigan State covered up sexual assault and rape scandals so as not to get a black eye.

Yet, many are bent out of shape about kids transferring to follow the Coach that recruited them.

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

So now it's two QB's from UNR.  Millan and Nicolosi to CSU.  

Time to hit the portal for a QB.

Carson Strong also declared for the draft.

Seems like the spit, bailing wire,  and band aid job UNR has been applying to the FB program is finally failing.

Americans Mayor

24 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I mentioned it in the other thread. He talked to his (former) players after accepting the CSU and told them to transfer. Having that talk with players that you are no longer the coach of before a player has entered into the portal is a violation of NCAA tampering rules. While those rules are rarely enforced, it is still shady. Building a winning program is fine...leaving for more money is fine. Taking shots at the school on the way out and doing what I outlined above isn't fine. 

5 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I mentioned it in the other thread. He talked to his (former) players after accepting the CSU and told them to transfer. Having that talk with players that you are no longer the coach of before a player has entered into the portal is a violation of NCAA tampering rules. While those rules are rarely enforced, it is still shady. Building a winning program is fine...leaving for more money is fine. Taking shots at the school on the way out and doing what I outlined above isn't fine. 

Source?