Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

So, BSU Fans, tell me...

51 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Petrino was awesome at everthing but coaching.  We went from constant thuggery on our team to clean noses and good grades.  That is commendable and rarely emphasized when it comes to coaching.  Very, very good recruiter as well. Unfortunately, aside from the time we whipped dat CSU ass on national television, his play calling became stale and predictable.

I was recently at a U of I game for parents weekend and got to watch Idaho try everything they could to lose a game where they were clearly the better team. Also surprising was that, by far, the most athletic guy on the team was the punter. Seriously, that dude looked like a edge rusher.

Oh, Brent Pease, right. He did a pretty good job in Boise. He does seem to have the personality of a HC. He might be a good hire. Hasn't done very well in his last few gigs, though.

12 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Donk fans don't like any coach since Petersen (and Kellen!) and frankly, I was amazed at the bile thrown at Petersen his last year!

As a BSU fan, I actually don't want Kellen Moore to EVER coach for Boise State...the expectations would be re-Donk-ulous and they'd end up hating a Legend!

If I were Kellen, I would be leery.  Look at Frost at Nebraska 

Although on the flip side you have a guy like Spurrier. 

Not a lot of upside though in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Donk fans don't like any coach since Petersen (and Kellen!) and frankly, I was amazed at the bile thrown at Petersen his last year!

As a BSU fan, I actually don't want Kellen Moore to EVER coach for Boise State...the expectations would be re-Donk-ulous and they'd end up hating a Legend!

We won't have to worry about hiring or not hiring Kellen for a long time.  He's an NFL HC this year or next, would have to bomb pretty hard.

4 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I remember Donk fans not liking him at the time 

Have Donk fans liked anyone not named Pete or Moore? You’d swear Harsin was a horrible coach, but had several good wins in his first year at Auburn and nearly stunned Bama. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

15 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Have Donk fans liked anyone not named Pete or Moore? You’d swear Harsin was a horrible coach, but had several good wins in his first year at Auburn and nearly stunned Bama. 

Koetter.

5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What are your thoughts on the flagship's freshman class being dumber than their peers at the junior college down south?

Average HS GPA

Boise 3.51

UI 3.44

Average ACT

Boise 23.48

UI 23.2

Average SAT

Boise 1108

UI 1106

https://www.uidaho.edu/admissions/why-ui/first-year-profile

https://d25vtythmttl3o.cloudfront.net/uploads/sites/20/2021/11/Fall-2021-Census-Day-Freshmen-Profile.pdf

https://www.boisestate.edu/saem/about-our-division/enrollment-data/

13572FD1-E39F-4E09-B3FD-13AD74E5F6FB.gif

16 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Koetter.  Hawk.  Pokey.  Only a few HC's not popular one was Harsin.  Well, Bryan to be specific.  Hars was alright.  NOBODY liked Bryan.  There is a reason your interim HC publicly called him out, as did another current SEC HC who worked under him (called him a dick head).  

Harsin is going to get ran out of Auburn by year 3.  Bank on it.  I mean, he kinda fits the culture, what with the world being 6,000 years old and refusing to recruit a kid who comes from a buncha commies, no matter how fast, but he won't be long for the job.  He is not a bad coach.  Not a coach capable of succeeding enough at Auburn to avoid a quick exit, either.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Koetter.  Hawk.  Pokey.  Only a few HC's not popular one was Harsin.  Well, Bryan to be specific.  Hars was alright.  NOBODY liked Bryan.  There is a reason your interim HC publicly called him out, as did another current SEC HC who worked under him (called him a dick head).  

Harsin is going to get ran out of Auburn by year 3.  Bank on it.  I mean, he kinda fits the culture, what with the world being 6,000 years old and refusing to recruit a kid who comes from a buncha commies, no matter how fast, but he won't be long for the job.  He is not a bad coach.  Not a coach capable of succeeding enough at Auburn to avoid a quick exit, either.  

We keeping the Boise coaches tho.  Lee Marks and Moore, HC and OC in waiting 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Just now, TheTedfordTrain said:

We keeping the Boise coaches tho.  Lee Marks and Moore, HC and OC in waiting 

They are good fits there.  Marks was sick of Harsin's shit and being taken for granted.  Moore could do a lot worse than OC being groomed for HC.