Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

So, BSU Fans, tell me...

7 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

About Brent Pease.

Did he get the Vandal job? Saw that he was the target.

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

He was assistant offensive coordinator in 2011, Kellen Moore was the OC.  

You know, you can sit in your fukking Florida compound, banging that blonde chick and hogging all of the Grey Poupon I might add; plus trolling me, but I want your honest opinion of him because he's on our short list and I'm not sold because he has the stench of BSU on him.

4 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

You know, you can sit in your fukking Florida compound, banging that blonde chick and hogging all of the Grey Poupon I might add; plus trolling me, but I want your honest opinion of him because he's on our short list and I'm not sold because he has the stench of BSU on him.

That was my honest opinion, the only success he had was tied to Kellen Moore.  

Go find some young hotshot like Kirby Moore or Matt Miller to take the reigns, though I doubt either would leave their current role. 

7 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Go find some young hotshot like Kirby Moore or Matt Miller to take the reigns, though I doubt either would leave their current role. 

So helpful.  Hey, just ordered one of these.  It's made with white wine so you know it's good...

image.png.65b0f7db2bf0c4729a42ae6a2ee451c6.png

33 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

About Brent Pease.

Not a fan.  Not a hater. but he seemed arrogant to me and not innovative or imaginative.  He rode Pete and Kellen in my mind. 

He's more a leader than Petrino IMO and that may be a key.  And I think he'll reach higher in recruiting which would help.

18 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Well, he cannot, scientifically, be worse than petrino. 

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Not a fan.  Not a hater. but he seemed arrogant to me and not innovative or imaginative.  He rode Pete and Kellen in my mind. 

He's more a leader than Petrino IMO and that may be a key.  And I think he'll reach higher in recruiting which would help.

Petrino was awesome at everthing but coaching.  We went from constant thuggery on our team to clean noses and good grades.  That is commendable and rarely emphasized when it comes to coaching.  Very, very good recruiter as well. Unfortunately, aside from the time we whipped dat CSU ass on national television, his play calling became stale and predictable.

3 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Petrino was awesome at everthing but coaching.  We went from constant thuggery on our team to clean noses and good grades.  That is commendable and rarely emphasized when it comes to coaching.  Very, very good recruiter as well. Unfortunately, aside from the time we whipped dat CSU ass on national television, his play calling became stale and predictable.

Get a FCS guy.  I thought it would take at least 8 years for you guys to compete for a Big Sky title.   I was a little optimistic, Big Sky is really tough right now.   Might take 12 years to get it figured out down there.  But seriously, go get a FCS coach.  That will help. 

5 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

That's good to hear about Petrino.   I guess Pease might be an upgrade play calling wise.   Not a huge jump. 

40 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Mike Sanford, JR. would be my choice if I were a Vandal fan. High energy positive and more relatable player-type-of-coach then a more hard-nosed boomer type like Pease.

Pease was fine at Boise, although I'm not sure how much of it was him, versus Petersen calling the offensive shots.  He was one of the very few assistants the loyal Petersen ever fired.

54 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

plus trolling me...

What are your thoughts on the flagship's freshman class being dumber than their peers at the junior college down south?

Average HS GPA

Boise 3.51

UI 3.44

Average ACT

Boise 23.48

UI 23.2

Average SAT

Boise 1108

UI 1106

https://www.uidaho.edu/admissions/why-ui/first-year-profile

https://d25vtythmttl3o.cloudfront.net/uploads/sites/20/2021/11/Fall-2021-Census-Day-Freshmen-Profile.pdf

https://www.boisestate.edu/saem/about-our-division/enrollment-data/

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

What are your thoughts on the flagship's freshman class being dumber than their peers at the junior college down south?

Average HS GPA

Boise 3.51

UI 3.44

Average ACT

Boise 23.48

UI 23.2

Average SAT

Boise 1108

UI 1106

https://www.uidaho.edu/admissions/why-ui/first-year-profile

https://d25vtythmttl3o.cloudfront.net/uploads/sites/20/2021/11/Fall-2021-Census-Day-Freshmen-Profile.pdf

https://www.boisestate.edu/saem/about-our-division/enrollment-data/

That's below the belt man...

38 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I remember Donk fans not liking him at the time 

Donk fans don't like any coach since Petersen (and Kellen!) and frankly, I was amazed at the bile thrown at Petersen his last year!

As a BSU fan, I actually don't want Kellen Moore to EVER coach for Boise State...the expectations would be re-Donk-ulous and they'd end up hating a Legend!