Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Bob Dole

Another politician we need more of these days.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

May you rest in peace Senator Bob Dole. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

What’s your point, and why do you need to be a complete douche??

Him losing in 96' really helped his popularity. Everyone likes an affable loser. So much so that they ignore his entire political career

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

6 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Him losing in 96' really helped his popularity. Everyone likes an affable loser. So much so that they ignore his entire political career

One does not have to agree with everything someone has done in order to respect them.

And pairing Dole's support for the tobacco industry with his getting lung cancer at NINETY-EIGHT is quite the fishing expedition.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

One does not have to agree with everything someone has done in order to respect them.

And pairing Dole's support for the tobacco industry with his getting lung cancer at NINETY-EIGHT is quite the fishing expedition.

Why should one respect him? Cause he was gracious in defeat once?

Trump has done a number on y’all. I bet you didn’t even know Dole was one of the inventors of partisanship in American discourse. 

If only he was healthy enough to able to speak at one of those Trump RNCs he enthusiastically attended. Then the narrative would be much different

6 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Why should one respect him? Cause he was gracious in defeat once?

Trump has done a number on y’all. I bet you didn’t even know Dole was one of the inventors of partisanship in American discourse. 

If only he was healthy enough to able to speak at one of those Trump RNCs he enthusiastically attended. Then the narrative would be much different

Well, I remember Dole from the 70s and 80s, when despite difference politicians from both sides actually worked together once in a while.  And when they didnt they at least had some respect for the opposition.  One can BE partisan and not be a dick about it.  And Dole was one of those.  He didnt invent partisan politics in America - that precedes him by a couple hundred years.

Not sure what Trump has to do with this.  And it's the REPUBLICAN National Convention.  Imagine a Republican at the RNC...the nerve....

Your attitude is part of the problem in America these days.

16 minutes ago, RSF said:

I don't think "being too critical of elected leaders" is part of the problem in America these days ;) 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't think "being too critical of elected leaders" is part of the problem in America these days ;) 

Wasnt suggesting it was. 

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Wasnt suggesting it was. 

hence the winky face!!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I watched the 1976 VP debate at a friend’s house. They were Dems. His dad was a retired Air Force Colonel.  The “democrats’ wars” line…smh, still.  

Yeh, I’d take a basketful of old time pols who served in a different era like Bob Dole in the 3rd person. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Critical and being a dick are completely separate things. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

hence the winky face!!!!

2 hours ago, RSF said:

Well, I remember Dole from the 70s and 80s, when despite difference politicians from both sides actually worked together once in a while.  And when they didnt they at least had some respect for the opposition.  One can BE partisan and not be a dick about it.  And Dole was one of those.  He didnt invent partisan politics in America - that precedes him by a couple hundred years.

Not sure what Trump has to do with this.  And it's the REPUBLICAN National Convention.  Imagine a Republican at the RNC...the nerve....

Our modern tribal red vs. blue politics can in large part be traced back to Newt Gingrich.