Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

PH's fire the coach thread.

Reggie Theus - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Y'all got my number. I'm awake.  Call any time....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

phnumbers: master of overreacting and posting straight from the gut with little thought (or patience). 

One would like to think age and serial bad takes for years would lead to wisdom, but that hasn’t happened yet, and if this thread is any indication, it remains a loooong way off.

11 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Few weeks ago there were some UNLV fans on this board asking for an extension.

There are some great individual UNLV fans, but in general the fickleness is what I’ve seen since 72.  Hell I remember walking out of the Convention Center after Jerry lost his first game to Texas Tech and some were questioning the hire.

Hasn't changed much

3 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

There are some great individual UNLV fans, but in general the fickleness is what I’ve seen since 72.  Hell I remember walking out of the Convention Center after Jerry lost his first game to Texas Tech and some were questioning the hire.

Hasn't changed much

It is funny, all fan bases have them.

12 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Hasn't changed much

Now we're comparing Kevin Kruger to Jerry Tarkanian, who already had a winning track record at Long Beach State. 🤦‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Few weeks ago there were some UNLV fans on this board asking for an extension.

I wasn't one of them.  I had reservations after winning the first three games.  It's easy to play good defense against teams who are at an athleticism or talent disadvantage.

@ph90702 take a breath. We are 7 or 8 games into Kevin's coaching career. Give the kid a break. He is going to learn this year, when he was hired we knew that it was going to take a little time. I personally was hoping for a more experienced hire, but after having seen what he wants to do, in the early games, I can see what his intent is for the future. It will take some recruiting, (and face it, there was a little skepticism among recruits as to what KK's coaching plan would look like) and he himself will figure it out throughout this year, both good and bad. If you expected to come out and go undefeated, I'm sorry, your expectations were off the charts. There have been some good signs, but it is going to take a little patience to get there.

Side note. Duke fans wanted Coach K fired the first two years. We'll just have to give him a minute and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

This didn't take long

I think most people said the first fire the coach thread would happen a month into the season.  And yes, I remember a few UNLV folks saying they landed the next John Wooden before the season started. UNLV fans are great.. I've never seen so much hype created by their fanbase for a bottom tier MWC team. 

I heard UNLV would be back in the final 4 in the next few years from a few UNLV folks. 

The movie The Princess Bride has a rather unique character named The Dread Pirate Roberts. This character is unique in the fact that he goes about his life pirating until he acquires enough weath to live well and then he secretly retires by getting rid of his crew, passing his name to a new man  and then hiring a new crew while calling the new Dread Pirate Roberts his name till he quietly slipped into retirement.

I believe the Ph90702 is really just such a character. The original owner of this board created the character/membership Ph90702 to stir up controversy with the school of which he was secretly jealous. Once the character PH was released on the membership though it generated so much revenue because it was later discovered to be the sweetest and most addictive form of trollbait. When the 1st board ownership sale was completed the new owner secretly took control of the PH character and then the new owner after that.  By then the successive owners were so ashamed by being seduced by the illicit spoils from this trollbait that the true story has been plowed under deeper than the true contents of Hunter’s laptop.

UNLV Basketball: Runnin' With the Rebels - Mountain West Connection

Talked with the Mrs and she said it's okay to come back if you say you're sorry

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke