Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Get Back

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Beatles were terribly overrated. 

Paul McCartney was talented, but that is it. 

Their impact can not be overstated.  In fact not only can not be overstated it's nearly impossible to put into words.  Said impact is the only thing remarkable about them, though.  You and I could have ripped off black music too, but not made any impact.

I like the music, but yeah.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Their impact can not be overstated.  In fact not only can not be overstated it's nearly impossible to put into words.  Said impact is the only thing remarkable about them, though.  You and I could have ripped off black music too, but not made any impact.

I like the music, but yeah.

It is a generational thing, I think. My parents liked the Beatles. I always thought they were underwhelming. 

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Does it cover how much shit they blatantly stole from black artists, without them getting a nickle outside of one lawsuit they lost because it was just soooooo blatant?

I like the Beatles, for many reasons, but that is often glossed over.

What lawsuit did they lose? George took off “he’s so fine” for “my sweet lord”…but the Beatles never were sued to my knowledge. George was, and lost. 

What did they steal? Are you thinking of the allegations against Led Zeppelin? Gotta get off the drugs, man…turning your brain to mush. 

An hour and a half in and only Ringo is coming off well. I’m as shocked as anybody. John is practically useless and George is way whinier than I ever knew. Paul is a type A diva, but he’s also putting together monster hits by just messing around.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

What lawsuit did they lose? George took off “he’s so fine” for “my sweet lord”…but the Beatles never were sued to my knowledge. George was, and lost. 

What did they steal? Are you thinking of the allegations against Led Zeppelin? Gotta get off the drugs, man…turning your brain to mush. 

Look me in the eyes and say "Come Together" is not ripping off Chuck Berry...Lennon was sued in 73 for it.  And while he may not have "lost" he agreed to financial compensation in the form of performing covers.

Widely known and accepted they ripped off black artists, under the guise of being inspired.  

And I will not lay off my edibles, or occasional mushrooms, thank you very much.