Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Jesus, Christ, Boise, fire, this, guy, yesterday,

clueless.  we would be so short doctors, nurses, and engineers it would be horrible.  I used to see this when I taught in Southern Wyo from a certain religion.  Many girls were only going to college to get a Mrs degree they called it.  I thought it had died out.

I doubt he supports a living wage so one spouse can afford to stay home for the working class either.

He's a weird dude getting weirder.

I took a class he co-taught about 8 years back (two profs switching off weeks in a summer course).  I had already taken enough credits for re-certification that year, which was my main goal, but went ahead and took that Constitutional Law class.  I enjoyed it and liked both profs (although I liked the normal guy better).  Yenor wore too tight polyester pants for his dad bod and kind of bounced around the room a lot.  Prissy might be an apt descriptor.  I was this mid-50s teacher guy in with traditional students so I'm not sure if he knew what to make of me, but he was cordial.  Yenor, however, was pretty stern with one young guy when he missed class one day and another time for something I don't recall.  Anyway, Yenor knew his stuff as expected as did the other prof, and both were good at leading/guiding discussion.  His (Yenor) assignments were solid.  It was clear to me that, philosophically, he wanted the Court to return to its pre-Progressive roots.   One required book was a short treatise on proposing that reverse shift.  I don't recall that short book well, but it included an argument against child labor laws and it deemed contracts to be almost divinely inspired. Out there stuff, from my perspective, and that fit Yenor in my brief experience.

That prof has made waves before.  A pro-Israel stance a some years back in a guest opinion in the Idaho Statesman comes to mind, but I don't recall the circumstances or details on that other than there was blowback.   A more recent opinion regarding feminism and transgender social policies (linked in the Idaho Statesman article) preceded his participation on our wacko Lt.  Governor's "indoctrination task force".  Those and and his ties to the Idaho Freedom Fvckdation have kept him in the news and the new Tik Tok has elevated his notoriety. I think he also has close ties w/a local classical Christian school, unsure, but it fits.  I'd kind of like to take a class from him again just to +++++ with him a bit, but as long as he performs to his contract, I don't agree with the calls to silence. Title IX complaints in this situation escape me now.

Colleges of engineering, medical science, law:

see kids this is why people make fun of you for switching to political science sophomore year

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

17 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Can he coach up an O-Line ?? 

asking for a friend 

Yenor doesn’t seem to be the football type although he did hang tight with Anna K. Miller of the IFF during the clown meetings of the indoctrination task force. Miller being the wife of last year’s NCST LB transfer and BSU prayer leader, Brock. 

This really pisses me off. We need every woman at Boise State to graduate and be successful in whatever field she chooses. Then, hopefully, retire comfortably in good enough health and wealth to make the trip to Reno, so we can push her down the stairs of Mackay Stadium.

9 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Yenor doesn’t seem to be the football type although he did hang tight with Anna K. Miller of the IFF during the clown meetings of the indoctrination task force. Miller being the wife of last year’s NCST LB transfer and BSU prayer leader, Brock. 

Still kinda annoys me, you know my thoughts on that and where Harsin was coming from his last several years here.  There is a reason Harsin went after him, and he was sold on Harsin...He was one of those guys Harsin brought in to strengthen his "culture".  Ok, enough of that.

Regarding Scott Yenor.  He's been a known weirdo for years, but again like so many seemed to really deteriorate 5 years ago.  His comments are pretty gross.  

How the hell are you going to fire him, though?  Not sure if they even can.  Nobody has to take his classes.  

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Still kinda annoys me, you know my thoughts on that and where Harsin was coming from his last several years here.  There is a reason Harsin went after him, and he was sold on Harsin...He was one of those guys Harsin brought in to strengthen his "culture".  Ok, enough of that.

Regarding Scott Yenor.  He's been a known weirdo for years, but again like so many seemed to really deteriorate 5 years ago.  His comments are pretty gross.  

How the hell are you going to fire him, though?  Not sure if they even can.  Nobody has to take his classes.  

My new lawyer (youngest daughter) was a Poli Sci grad at BSU. She avoided him. Pretty easy to do. 

Yenor probably has gone off into the deep in recent years. Sucks to believe in a magical world that never existed and want it to be.

11 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

My new lawyer (youngest daughter) was a Poli Sci grad at BSU. She avoided him. Pretty easy to do. 

Yenor probably has gone off into the deep in recent years. Sucks to believe in a magical world that never existed and want it to be.

isn't that just "ideology"?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That would be one way to just boycott his classes. I do not like that he represents my Alma Mater. My daughter is a Poli Sci major but not at BSU. She would just avoid his classes. I think the guy is probably an incel, don't they have rage issues against women? 

Did you see his twitter response he posted 

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

My daughter is a poly Sci major. She is a Sophomore at the College of Idaho and wants to go to an Ivy League Law School. I have no doubt she can make it happen. 

13 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

That would be one way to just boycott his classes. I do not like that he represents my Alma Mater. My daughter is a Poli Sci major but not at BSU. She would just avoid his classes. I think the guy is probably an incel, don't they have rage issues against women? 

yeah I ain't gonna listen to that shit

This guy needs help.  Sounds like he never got over getting turned down by a girl to the junior high dance.

That said, I am sure he would love to be fired for his first amendment protected comments.  That would probably give him a pretty good civil rights and due process claim.  In my opinion and this might be the strategy, Boise needs to wait until he takes it too far and goes down a path that will clearly invoke a Title IX no no.

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

That would be one way to just boycott his classes. I do not like that he represents my Alma Mater. My daughter is a Poli Sci major but not at BSU. She would just avoid his classes. 

"While they medicate themselves in their loneliness..." Oof.