Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Football Awards

No offense to Cam Thomas, but Muma getting passed over for DPOY is a direct result of Wyoming having such a shitty conference season this year.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

No offense to Cam Thomas, but Muma getting passed over for DPOY is a direct result of Wyoming having such a shitty conference season this year.

Stop it. Cam Thomas had 20 TFL, 11.5 sacks, and 72 QB pressures.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

9 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Stop it. Cam Thomas had 20 TFL, 11.5 sacks, and 72 QB pressures.

I'm not saying that Thomas isn't a stud. Definitely is. Muma had 129 total tackles (4th in the NCAA), 80 solo stops (2nd), 2 pick 6's (tie-2nd), and 3 INT (tie-30). Dude was everywhere.

37 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

What alternate universe do you live in? Cameron thomas literally led the entire country in pressures according to PFF and was 6th in all of fbs in run stops.

45 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

What alternate universe do you live in? Cameron thomas literally led the entire country in pressures according to PFF and was 6th in all of fbs in run stops.

I live in the universe where PFF awarded DPOY to Muma

image.png.2ff3508a82102b71fc584d68beb27732.png

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2021-all-mountain-west-team-offensive-defensive-player-of-the-year-trey-mcbride-colorado-state-rams-chad-muma-wyoming-cowboys

1 hour ago, cosinama said:

Hoke is a fine coach and has done a great job but isn’t the argument for Anderson stronger than that for Hoke?  Or am I just being a homer?

Agreed.  What Anderson accomplished in one year was unbelievable really.

Muma was the best defensive player in the MWC but Thomas deserves the award because he was a huge part in SDSU compiling its much better record. Team record is always going to be a factor.

The only slight I have for Wyoming is that Isaiah Neyor wasn't first team.  Dude deserved first team.

2 hours ago, cosinama said:

Hoke is a fine coach and has done a great job but isn’t the argument for Anderson stronger than that for Hoke?  Or am I just being a homer?

Anderson got hosed.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.