Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Congratulations to The Turd Of The Year! 2021

Fresno is so trashy lol

But it's really just a symptom of the poetry in the central valley. There just aren't high paying jobs for ppl unless they move. I had to move to San Diego to make 100k/yr and theres just not a tech market in Fresno. Everything there is falling apart and it's so sad when I visit. Places i went to as a kid just aren't safe anymore. Parks are full of drug addicts and homless, people are miserable, and the schools are getting worse. I don't know much about San Jose but i cant imagine it's on the level of Fresno. Shit even parts of clovis (where all the white people are moving) is starting to see it.

1 hour ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

Fresno is so trashy lol

But it's really just a symptom of the poetry in the central valley. There just aren't high paying jobs for ppl unless they move. I had to move to San Diego to make 100k/yr and theres just not a tech market in Fresno. Everything there is falling apart and it's so sad when I visit. Places i went to as a kid just aren't safe anymore. Parks are full of drug addicts and homless, people are miserable, and the schools are getting worse. I don't know much about San Jose but i cant imagine it's on the level of Fresno. Shit even parts of clovis (where all the white people are moving) is starting to see it.

I'm glad I moved to Visalia. It's 30 minutes south of Fresno, but in my opinion it's much nicer. I love the small town feel and I'm close enough to make it to Bulldog Stadium on Saturdays.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

Fresno is so trashy lol

You just described what’s happened to almost every major city in California since the start of the pandemic. Also, tons of $100k+ careers in Fresno. I get recruiting emails all the time. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

While Wyoming losing to Hawa'ii and New Mexico is a steaming pile of shit, Steve Addazzio ushering his exit and bailing on his team before halftime earns him the Steaming Pile of Human SHit Award.

Trying to teach your players accountability and the value of seeing things through when you 86 yourself is disgusting.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

You just described what’s happened to almost every major city in California since the start of the pandemic. Also, tons of $100k+ careers in Fresno. I get recruiting emails all the time. 

I love Fresno and I'll let you defend it but please don't call it a major city. That's where I draw the line.

7 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

Fresno is so trashy lol

But but.... Albuquerque... Breaking Bad... blue ice... LOL!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

I love Fresno and I'll let you defend it but please don't call it a major city. That's where I draw the line.

It’s the fifth largest city in CA with a metropolitan population of over a million. It’s a big city. “Major”depends on each  individuals interpretation. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

10 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

Fresno is so trashy lol

It is sad what’s gone on in the Valley.  CA has a lot of issues and they have manifested themselves hardest in The Valley.  Hang in there guys, someday we will get rid of the corrupt SFO cartel running politics in this state. At some point people here have got to have had enough of this ++++!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

9 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm glad I moved to Visalia. It's 30 minutes south of Fresno, but in my opinion it's much nicer. I love the small town feel and I'm close enough to make it to Bulldog Stadium on Saturdays.

There is money in Visalia. I agree that it’s a nice small town. One of the best in the valley these days.  Hope it stays that way. Gateway to the Sequoias. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

Honestly for "most disappointing team" I won't really even put SJSU on the list. Most people knew last year was a fluke. Sure I expected a 7-5 type season from them but I didn't really think they would be in contention this year. 

Fresno- Most overall talent in my mind had the best chance of anyone to have a truly special year.

Nevada- Best top level talent

BSU-Well they are BSU are always one of the preseason favorites 

Are the teams to consider for most disappointing

For biggest positive surprise I would probably go with USU. I get SDSU is 11-1 and ranked BUT they pretty much did what everyone expected. They played 6 one score games and they happened through execution/luck to go 6-0 in those games. I wasn't surprised SDSU was in all those game but of course them going 6-0 was not expected. 

5 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

It is sad what’s gone on in the Valley.  

I think it is going on in every single large city in California. The Valley might be suffering worse than others but I can not think of a single large city in California that isn't going through it. I also fear it will get a lot worse as COVID has caused a lot of people to move or consider moving, and of course some business are leaving also. In general the people that move are the ones that can afford to. So middle/upper middle class people moving and businesses leaving will just erode California further and makes the issues worse. 

One benefit Fresno/valley has is the agriculture aspect. That is not complete portable (like other businesses) so that has to stay in the Valley. I mean sure it could be transferred to other countries BUT in a strategic sense the USA will always want produce x amount of ag goods locally in case of a war. 

13 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly for "most disappointing team" I won't really even put SJSU on the list. Most people knew last year was a fluke. Sure I expected a 7-5 type season from them but I didn't really think they would be in contention this year. 

Fresno- Most overall talent in my mind had the best chance of anyone to have a truly special year.

Nevada- Best top level talent

BSU-Well they are BSU are always one of the preseason favorites 

Are the teams to consider for most disappointing

For biggest positive surprise I would probably go with USU. I get SDSU is 11-1 and ranked BUT they pretty much did what everyone expected. They played 6 one score games and they happened through execution/luck to go 6-0 in those games. I wasn't surprised SDSU was in all those game but of course them going 6-0 was not expected. 

Winning a title is never a fluke. SJSU was a top 25 team last year.  Every season is a new season.  You lose players to graduation, coaches move on, injuries happen, etc…  The major thing in SJSU’s case for 2021, they lost their All MWC QB in the third game of the season. He came back the last couple games but was still playing hurt.  Their offense just never got going all season. 

It’s tough to repeat.  I don’t think anyone in the MWC has repeated as champs over the past decade. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Winning a title is never a fluke. SJSU was a top 25 team last year.  Every season is a new season.  You lose players to graduation, coaches move on, injuries happen, etc…  The major thing in SJSU’s case for 2021, they lost their All MWC QB in the third game of the season. He came back the last couple games but was still playing hurt.  Their offense just never got going all season. 

It’s tough to repeat.  I don’t think anyone in the MWC has repeated as champs over the past decade. 

Are you trying to trigger the OP's 2019 PTSD? #FourAndEight 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif