Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Transfer Portal is open

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Graduating senior.  Went through final game ceremonies.  We already knew he had cycled out at SJSU, so this is not news. Solid Spartan. We all wish him well and hope he can hook on elsewhere if he wants to continue playing. 

Let me clue you in Train, we all have to get back down to 85 scholarships. Not all seniors are going to be able to be “super seniors” this year if you want to bring in new scholarship players. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Hey CSU fans.  I was curious so I looked at your roster & it's huge so I counted it.  108 players listed?  How is that possible?  Some 23 are Grads & Srs listed so that would bring it down to 85.  And Norvell is going to add some 15-20 recruits & transfers?  I know this can't be right.  Where am going wrong or are a lot of families going to have a sad Christmas.       

47 minutes ago, wolfan said:

Hey CSU fans.  I was curious so I looked at your roster & it's huge so I counted it.  108 players listed?  How is that possible?  Some 23 are Grads & Srs listed so that would bring it down to 85.  And Norvell is going to add some 15-20 recruits & transfers?  I know this can't be right.  Where am going wrong or are a lot of families going to have a sad Christmas.       

Two former grad transfers each with a year of eligibility remaining entered the portal yesterday (Polendey, Crump).  The process has started.  My guess is that Norvell has told several Grads and Seniors that they won't be back.

8 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Graduating senior.  Went through final game ceremonies.  We already knew he had cycled out at SJSU, so this is not news. Solid Spartan. We all wish him well and hope he can hook on elsewhere if he wants to continue playing. 

Let me clue you in Train, we all have to get back down to 85 scholarships. Not all seniors are going to be able to be “super seniors” this year if you want to bring in new scholarship players. 

2ABB6609-7284-4343-8DCA-644BAB9D5018.jpeg

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Not sure if this has been posted - Nevada RB Avery Morrow has entered the portal. The offense has been absolutely gutted.  Tough to see.

You guys get 2-3 weeks of winter practice. They will get a head start on Spring Ball.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Aztecs 

In:

6’6” 250 soph TE Mark Redman from Washington

Soph LB Cooper McDonald from Washington

Out:

1st string senior OL Martinez (our OL’s weakest link)

2 soph depth OL

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Aztecs 

In:

6’6” 250 soph TE Mark Redman from Washington

Soph LB Cooper McDonald from Washington

Out:

1st string senior OL Martinez (our OL’s weakest link)

2 soph depth OL

I see that SDSU OL Joey Capra received an offer from Nevada and seemed fired up about it. The silver lining to Norvell hitting the bricks to CSU is that our OL can only improve. 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, jdgaucho said:

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Racking up cash in NIL deals

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

14 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I see that SDSU OL Joey Capra received an offer from Nevada and seemed fired up about it. The silver lining to Norvell hitting the bricks to CSU is that our OL can only improve. 

He was a solid recruit but stuck behind all-American Dunkle (who is likely returning) and in the same room as two big time recruits. He could be good, but we’ll never know.

14 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Capra's older brother Jacob transferred to SDSU from Oregon for his final two seasons. He was a depth player and occasional starter.

Best of luck with baby brother.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Andre Van Buren has left the Boise State roster and expected to enter portal.

1079 yards on 279 carries (3.68 ypc) over 4 seasons as a Bronco (and 22 touchdowns).

I think he needs to drop down to the FCS to find success.

NFL:

All-American and MWC DPOTY DE Cam Thomas (1-2nd round), RB Greg Bell (UDFA), and All-American OL Will Dunkle (3rd day) have announced. 1st team All-American, Ray Guy winner, and MWC STPOY K/P/ATH Matt Araiza is inevitable, but that should be it for us.

Portal:

3 OL out (Capra to UNR), but hopefully nobody else.

Washington LB McDonald and TE Redman in.

Super seniors:

WR Kobe Smith, LB McDonald, RB Byrd, RB C. Bell.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:54 PM, Lobo Amor said:

With all these UNR transfers going to CSewe what do we call them? The Sheep pack? 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Once they put on a CSU uni, you can call 'em a wolf in sheep's clothing...