Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Kalen DeBoer hired by Washington

57 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I think we all knew that was going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed about losing the coaches, I just thought it was some weaksauce shit from UW to not wait at least another hour or two. 

At least they waited for the bowl game.  We lost all of our Off coaches 2 weeks before the bowl game.  Our RB coach stayed but I think he's all alone.  

1 minute ago, wolfan said:

At least they waited for the bowl game.  We lost all of our Off coaches 2 weeks before the bowl game.  Our RB coach stayed but I think he's all alone.  

Yeah, we only lost two of our coaches before the bowl game... though they were all apparently already recruiting for UW leading up to it. 

You guys were done dirty. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, we only lost two of our coaches before the bowl game... though they were all apparently already recruiting for UW leading up to it. 

You guys were done dirty. 

I don't mind losing the coaches.  The new coach is going to hire his own anyway, but the bowl game is shaping up to be a dumpster fire.  Ever the hopeful fan, maybe we'll surprise.  BTW, our new HC is coaching Ore. in their bowl game. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Man, UW didn't waste ANY time in announcing their pilfering of our staff.  :rotflmfao:

Lee Marks - RB
Eric Schmidt - Special Teams/DE
Ron McKeefery - S&C
Chuck Morrell - Co-DC
William Inge - Co-DC

They made the announcement during our post-game ceremonies. 

Damm.  Hate to lose Marks.  Especially for a lateral.  Wish we could give him some reason to stay. 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

Man, UW didn't waste ANY time in announcing their pilfering of our staff.  :rotflmfao:

Lee Marks - RB
Eric Schmidt - Special Teams/DE
Ron McKeefery - S&C
Chuck Morrell - Co-DC
William Inge - Co-DC

They made the announcement during our post-game ceremonies. 

Biggest news is that they weren't able to lure Orlondo Steinauer as the DC. That's a huge swing and miss for them

14 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

Sapolu may also be staying on as an assistant coach. 

Doubt Tedford would retain him unless it was for recruiting purposes. If so he should coach another task than his current role.

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh gotcha.

Yeah, let the fans celebrate man.  Do it in the morning...

And the kids. 

What a buzz kill for the Under Classmen to find out their position Coaches are gone before you even get to enjoy the W.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

I don’t think you can compare the two situations at all. 

No.

UNR's staff and kids bailed as soon the Portal Opened.

Before Signing Day.

Before the Bowl Game.

Fresno sans Haener stayed classy on this.

I personally don't understand why the Fresno Coaching Staff let Haener start after he came back from the Portal.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

13 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

No.

Before Signing Day.

Before the Bowl Game.

I personally don't understand why the Fresno Coaching Staff let Haener start after he came back from the Portal.

A bowl game win under your belt as an interim head coach helps your resume. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

They don’t care, they were all bailing out of that $+++hole anyways.

Haener did Fresno dirty yet Fresno just welcomed him back like an abused wife. Pretend it didn’t happen. :whistle:

image.gif.2ee2ca926bd177a24c673b0293786d41.gif

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

39 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

They don’t care, they were all bailing out of that $+++hole anyways.

Haener did Fresno dirty yet Fresno just welcomed him back like an abused wife. Pretend it didn’t happen. :whistle:

image.gif.2ee2ca926bd177a24c673b0293786d41.gif

image.jpeg.71eab3b52a3bf1434deae57344d376bf.jpeg

19 hours ago, RagingBulldog said:

Biggest news is that they weren't able to lure Orlondo Steinauer as the DC. That's a huge swing and miss for them

Stenauer is a good coach.  I think he is innovative too.  Fresno wrong arms on the edge of more run plays than any defense I’ve ever seen, which makes a lot of sense since  ends and OLBs are often undersized nowadays.

McKeefery wasn't going to be here much longer whether DeBoer stayed or not...he's pretty much 2-3 years per location and moves on. "Putting down roots," isn't in his DNA.

Andy Ward, who did a great job for Tedford the first three years, is coming back to run the S&C show. There will be no drop off.

DeBoer is finding hard to build his "dream staff."

Inge was his consolation prize when he came to Fresno because Steinauer turned him down then too. Now he and his college teammate Chuck Morell are "co-DC," at Washington.

He tried like hell to upgrade his other positions too, and ended up settling for guys from the Fresno staff...like Eric Schmidt. One of the worst ST unit in the country, couldn't recruit a punter to save his life, and now he's going to run the show at a Pac-12 program? Good luck.

Now he pisses off the locals by bringing in his QB of choice from Indiana to be QB1, and pretty much giving the finger to Sam Huard who turned down a bunch of better offers to "stay home."

On 12/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, Spaztecs said:

No.

Before Signing Day.

Before the Bowl Game.

A couple of now Washington coaches (former Fresno coaches) were crossing the line but it stopped. And yes it could have gone way way worse if those coaches got there way a Fresno was gutted of their best offensive players. I also think it would have went way worse portal wise if Tedford didn't come back. I mean honestly of the key playmakers (including Haener) most were hear (or signed) when Tedford was the coach last time. 

I was expecting Haener to at least at not start the first series as a "punishment". BUT I am guessing Tedford said no to that and it is time to move on 100%. Cause of course if he sat the first series that reopens the wound a bit. 

I do feel bad for Nevada. This was suppose to be their dream season but they only went 8-4. They not only lost a coach but lost that coach to a conference mate. They are getting gutted by the transfer portal both by players following their former coach but also by the top end talent looking at other schools.