Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Kalen DeBoer hired by Washington

48 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Can we just all agree that California is a mismanaged hell hole, which is why it is losing population? There. 

Was talking to a guy from Alameda, Ca.  He said he's the last of his neighbors to sell out & move to Reno where he could pay cash for a nice home & have some money left over.  50% of home sales in Reno are going for cash.  The local homeless camp in Alameda has tapped into the power lines & city water so they're very comfortable being homeless & nobody stops it.  When he found a syringe on his front lawn that was the last straw.  I moved to Reno to get away from L.A. traffic but now the traffic in Reno is getting bad.

16 minutes ago, wolfan said:

Was talking to a guy from Alameda, Ca.  He said he's the last of his neighbors to sell out & move to Reno where he could pay cash for a nice home & have some money left over.  50% of home sales in Reno are going for cash.  The local homeless camp in Alameda has tapped into the power lines & city water so they're very comfortable being homeless & nobody stops it.  When he found a syringe on his front lawn that was the last straw.  I moved to Reno to get away from L.A. traffic but now the traffic in Reno is getting bad.

Yea, I am shocked my parents have stayed. Frankly, my father just loves golf year around, and Aztec football too much to leave. They despise what CA has become though.

32 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Best of luck to Deboer. He is getting an opportunity that 99.99% of coaches can only dream of. But I question whether he will succeed there given UW fans' lofty expectations of catching and surpassing the Ducks, and USC's all-in on football. They weren't kind to Petersen while he was there.

I'm excited to see what the next chapter brings. I would like to see the AD bring in Tedford -- who seems interested in the job -- to stabilize the program, hopefully win a CCG, and put us on good footing for the next coaching transition.

Have any of you guys seen Retreadford around town lately? 

Chances of seeing are a lot higher if you live next to an all you can eat buffet. He's a real fat boy. 

Better come strong with that training table before you make any offers.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

49 minutes ago, wolfan said:

traffic isn't bad in Reno...just take a drive to the Bay area and you'll remember what bad traffic really is

30 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Have any of you guys seen Retreadford around town lately? 

Chances of seeing are a lot higher if you live next to an all you can eat buffet. He's a real fat boy. 

Better come strong with that training table before you make any offers.

Buddy I'd lay off the diet smack based on your posting history here. I'm still not convinced that you know what a vegetable is. 

21 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Buddy I'd lay off the diet smack based on your posting history here. I'm still not convinced that you know what a vegetable is. 

Maytard eats vegetables. He had some tomatoes with his lunch today…..

image.jpeg.c802e6109dbfdbfa464b0f0672a19f66.jpeg

20 hours ago, retrofade said:

God, I hope he takes Grubb with him.

If he takes Grubb you will probably just lose one of Marks and Moore.  One of them is going to want the keys, the other will go to UW.  If he does not take Grubb to be OC and the new coach opts to retain him, you might lose both.  

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If he takes Grubb you will probably just lose one of Marks and Moore.  One of them is going to want the keys, the other will go to UW.  If he does not take Grubb to be OC and the new coach opts to retain him, you might lose both.  

Tedford may have other plans....it's really hard to say at this point. 

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If Tedford comes back then I expect Moore to stay. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He would be smart to stay as OC and coach in waiting.  Strong career move.

If he's as good as everybody says he is (recall he was one of three coaches held over from Tedford to Deboer -- he is legit), he can build that resume up anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He would be smart to stay as OC and coach in waiting.  Strong career move.

Agreed. I like DeBoer, but it felt like he struggled to connect with the community and wasn't as personable as past coaches. Tedford knows the fans, the players love him, and has the connections to create real change within the athletics department to get stadium renovations rolling. If Moore leaves with DeBoer, then he's simply following the money. With how lucrative the college football world is right now, I can't blame him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The writing seems to be on the wall that we're losing Moore, which really sucks given that he's been our best recruiter along with Marks. I hope that we can keep Marks, and maybe give him the Associate Head Coach role along with Offensive Coordinator. I'm assuming that DeBoer takes Grubb with him, as they've been nearly inseparable other than Indiana and for a year or two after DeBoer made the move to FBS. 

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

traffic isn't bad in Reno...just take a drive to the Bay area and you'll remember what bad traffic really is

No, I know, I still get down to L.A. every year.  I'm speaking relative to 10-15 years ago, especially with the current spaghetti bowl construction. 

5 hours ago, wolfan said:

A good friend of mine sold his 1,000 SQ ft house in Orange County earlier this year. He used the proceeds to buy a 5,000 SQ ft house in the Nashville suburbs for cash and pocketed the rest. Oh, and he kept his job and SoCal salary and gets to work remotely now.