Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/29/21 - 2 Games+Bonus Game - WHO YA’ GOT?

Utah State obviously scheduled a laugher to get the rust off and the legs going in prep for the visitors from Helena, Montana. I won’t be making fun of the Aggies’ loss in their season opener to UC-Davis, the same UC-Davis who just dropped a double digit game to The Academy of the Arts. Oh wait, I just did. It doesnt really matter as the UC-Davis loss doesnt affect any of the NET Rankings or computer models. Just serves the notion that if a team isn’t in the right mindset, they can lose to anybody.

Wyoming a 5-point favorite on the road? Looks like the Vegas computers have finally caught up with those of us on the MWC Board who have established the Pokes as our betting darlings. I’m still going to take the Pokes and give the points. I think they’ll shoot the Titans out of their own gym.

I threw in the bonus game of UC-R at St Mary’s because of all the upcoming MWC (and UCSB) match-ups with St Mary’s per the request of @jdgaucho  .  St Mary’s is coming off a grind of a tournament where they played Norte Dame, Oregon, and Wisconsin on three consecutive nights. They have to be feeling a little spent. 9 may be a bit too much. But Ireally like the first half under in this game as I think both teams will really get after it defensively. Its unbelievably low at 56.5 but I still think its the right bet.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

I'll take Wyoming and the over. I'd probably lay some on the Gauchos, too.

It's the Highlanders, UC Riverside.  But we will meet Saint Mary's later.

• Cheers 1

I appreciate that, @Swoll Cracker

St Mary's is starting a tricky five game stretch.  After UC Riverside, they get roadies at USU and CSU, then host UCSB and finally a neutral site game vs SDSU.  St. Mary's is good enough to go 5-0.  They could also go 0-5.  Methinks they'll go 3-2 

Of the five teams St. Mary's will play in this stretch right now, SDSU and CSU are in a position where they don't need to beat St. Mary's for their at-large resume.  They'd obviously welcome the boost a win provides, but it's not a necessity. 

Rivertucky already has a road win at Arizona State and after St Mary's, gets a roadie at Oregon.  If they win one of these, they can start thinking about an at-large bid.  Definitely will be in the mix if they take both.  

UCSB has the talent on paper to win, but a weak nonconference schedule will expose them again.

USU needs to erase the stench of that UC Davis loss.

28 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Only able to follow the box score... looks like DuSell is hot from deep and Ike is dominating down low. 

I Like It GIF

If you download radiopup on your phone you can listen to cowboy games on y95  Laramie.  Great for when I'm traveling.

Good news.  No need to worry about us poaching an at-large bid. Bad news, I'm turning into UNLV fan

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Good news is, no need to worry about us poaching an at-large bid. Bad news, I'm kinda turning into UNLV fan.

WTF was that? UT-Arlington did their best to let the Gauchos back in the game .

12 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

WTF was that? UT-Arlington did their best to let the Gauchos back in the game .

Sow has put up numbers to start the year.  The rest of the team, not so much.  Is Norris not comfortable being the #2 guy?  He looked better last year as the third option.  

18 Turnovers, 11 missed FTs.  Ball game.