Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of the Year! 2021

Turd of the Year 2021  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Turd Of The Year?

• SJSU- 5-7. A normal-to-good Joser season. But coming off a “championship”? And played a season in a half demolished stadium, pretending that there is construction going on. How many more years can they keep up with that lie?
    • New Mexico- 3-9. New Mexico being New Mexico, but there were whispers last year that things were improving. Not so fast!
    • Boise State- 7-5. Embarrassing losses to UCF, SDSU, and others. Blowing a lead in all the games. Andy Avalos can’t adjust. Got outcoached so many games. Learning on the job. Mediocrity, the new Boise State
    • Wyoming- 6-6. Meh season
    • UNLV- 2-10. Normal, but weren’t they supposed to go PAC 12 after getting a new stadium?
    • Colorado State- From Big 12 candidates to 3-9 and losing the boot. Total crap of a program. The stadium beer garden has to be the most popular place.
    • Hawaii-6-7. At least they don’t have national embarrassment Rolo still coaching them.

35 minutes ago, Cincy said:

That’s your first problem. 

You don’t understand well, do you? I don’t have a problem with SJSU being voted Turd of the year, because I did have expectations for them and I don’t think they were met. 5-7 is a turd season this year.  Now go find a coach. 

image.gif.b17ace1da94b40d7efa6c3c54dbdd76b.gif

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Whatever, been going to games for 40 years. Never seen much trouble. Been to a handful of Bulldog games and always seen trouble. 

Funny, but you really got to get a life man.  You are trying way to hard to polish the Turd that is Fresno. It’s just the inferiority complex you all have living in there. 

Inferiority complex to San Jose State fans? LMAOOOO. You’re going senile, Harold. Past your bedtime. You root for a school that was just nationally embarrassed with a sexual harassment case and consequent coverup all the way to the school president, you demolished your shit stadium in half and your administration doesn’t have the funds to rebuild, you are a constant loser across all sports, you have the smallest budget in the conference with the smallest fan base, the worst facilities in the conference even if you do eventually build that warehouse where fans are supposed to be sitting, and a pack of pathetic clueless coaches that have no future. You’re lucky to even be in this conference. 

And as far as the city of San Jose, it’s quickly increasing in crime, you have a horrible homeless crisis with many of them living on your campus and using your library to wank it. A quick conversation with anyone in the bay, and word is that San Jose is the “New Oakland”.  Look at it closer. 

31C4C11E-FB23-4EF8-B6A7-19ECA2757505.jpeg.da4704e8940d836c94b1f1be34ed847a.jpeg

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

16 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

SJSU was supposed to be really, really good. They returned almost everyone.

Not according to anyone on this board I'm aware of other than most SJSU fans. The rest of us looked at their 2020 season as being an aberration based largely on COVID. We also realized that although there weren't many departures, two of those who left were the best playmakers they had last year, Walker and Gaither and then there was how they didn't even show up for their bowl game against a MAC opponent. I thought they'd finish 6-6.

15 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

For an entire season, my Honorable Mention is CSU. A football dumpster fire.

The First Runner-up is Boise. They're Over /Under was 9. They got 7. They should have won 11 or 12. They gave away leads in every loss. You're supposed to be the Flagship of this Conference. 

First Prize goes to Why-oming. Vegas had their Over/Under at 8 and they didn't even come close. They lost to New Mexico. Enough said.

The Grand Champion Turd of the Year goes to Urban Meyers hand-picked Coach.

Damn! I'd forgotten all about that last fact.

I've never been impressed with Addazio but was generally neutral about him and have been wondering why I felt so compelled to root against him this year. Now I know it's because of that GD cheating Pope Urban recommending him.

13 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

You don’t understand well, do you? I don’t have a problem with SJSU being voted Turd of the year, because I did have expectations for them and I don’t think they were met. 5-7 is a turd season this year.  Now go find a coach. 

image.gif.b17ace1da94b40d7efa6c3c54dbdd76b.gif

I guess you're used to Sharta football being a turd.  You must be ecstatic that the lesbos extended your (outside WR) coach's contract after that Asterisk COVID championship.  LMAO

Too bad you guys can't "go find a coach".  Ain't  that right Old Farty?

26 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not according to anyone on this board I'm aware of other than most SJSU fans. The rest of us looked at their 2020 season as being an aberration based largely on COVID. We also realized that although there weren't many departures, two of those who left were the best playmakers they had last year, Walker and Gaither and then there was how they didn't even show up for their bowl game against a MAC opponent. I thought they'd finish 6-6.

You can't blame Sharta fans for being duped.  It had been so long since they had a winning season.

Last year was kind of like letting your little brother run past you for a TD as you pretend to fall down while playing football in the back yard.  They thought it really counted.  LOLOLOL

On 11/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, denali said:

as a Lobo fan, i kind of want to say New Mexico honestly but starting 18 freshman, going through like 5 or 6 QB's (1 a student manager who hasn't played in forever) and losing other senior starters to injuries by like the second game....i gotta give them the benefit of the doubt here and go with someone else. With all that said though...Sorry we sucked. The rebuild is going to take a while. 

What he said.

CSU because nobody really expected SJSU to repeat last season's performance.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke