Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of the Year! 2021

Turd of the Year 2021  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Turd Of The Year?

• SJSU- 5-7. A normal-to-good Joser season. But coming off a “championship”? And played a season in a half demolished stadium, pretending that there is construction going on. How many more years can they keep up with that lie?
    • New Mexico- 3-9. New Mexico being New Mexico, but there were whispers last year that things were improving. Not so fast!
    • Boise State- 7-5. Embarrassing losses to UCF, SDSU, and others. Blowing a lead in all the games. Andy Avalos can’t adjust. Got outcoached so many games. Learning on the job. Mediocrity, the new Boise State
    • Wyoming- 6-6. Meh season
    • UNLV- 2-10. Normal, but weren’t they supposed to go PAC 12 after getting a new stadium?
    • Colorado State- From Big 12 candidates to 3-9 and losing the boot. Total crap of a program. The stadium beer garden has to be the most popular place.
    • Hawaii-6-7. At least they don’t have national embarrassment Rolo still coaching them.

10 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Write in vote for what could have been for Nevada. Should have been us this season.

I thought this as well, but... We weren't bad. Just didn't execute in one area (O-line cough cough) we didn't get blown out. 6 points kept us from 11-1 so we didn't exactly shit the bed.

48 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Are people voting for SJSU as sort of a lifetime turd achievement award? Or because creeper is just being annoying in this thread? Because I am very confused as to how SJSU is winning this poll. If the biggest turd is supposed to be the biggest underachiever relative to their resources and support, then the winner should be CSU. If the biggest turd is simply the team that sucks the worst, then it should be UNLV or New Mexico. SJSU should not be winning this by either criterion.

I still maintain that CSU is the obvious choice. New Mexico and UNLV were bad, but both places have poor support and no history of success. Both have new coaches who faced tough rebuilding jobs. Meanwhile CSU has the best facilities in the conference and the second-highest paid coach in the conference... Which got them the same number of wins as New Mexico and one more win than UNLV. This is one of those instances where you could make a good argument that the biggest underachiever is also the worst team generally. The fact that SJSU is beating CSU in this poll is a travesty.

I agree with CSU being a bigger Turd.

However, your're Over/Under was 7.5.

Fail.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, UofNPackFan said:

I thought this as well, but... We weren't bad. Just didn't execute in one area (O-line cough cough) we didn't get blown out. 6 points kept us from 11-1 so we didn't exactly shit the bed.

It feels like if we played this season ten times, this was the worst outcome.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

These are a weekly occurrence in the Bay. But they happen at a stadium where there’s actually fans in the stands, the 49ers. Joser fans were playing Marco Polo inside the stadium by the third qt of the Fresno State game. 40-9

No, this doesn’t happen at Niner games. Sorry.  Got season tix there and I’ve never seen it.  

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

39 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

But after one good season (and a weird COVID season at that) now SJSU is expected to lead the conference? A few months ago, the CSU fans were telling us that they were going to the Big 12 because they were too good for the MWC. I don't know if anyone expected CSU to lead the conference, but I think most people expected them to get more wins than New Mexico (and to beat their FCS opponent).

Well, the AAC wanted them.

:rimshot1:

Americans Mayor

Boise State. I told everyone that Boise State was at best an 8 win team and that their OC and DC hired were bad. Halfman tried to say "You're stupid, his offense was tearing people up at Davis!"

Well the MWC isn't Davis and this is the worst Boise State coached team since I've lived in the U.S.

I can't even watch our overrated as all shit basketball team. Leon Rice leaked with Marks and company (And got screwed playing Dayton @Dayton in the Tournament.)

Jeff Choate should of been hired as the football coach and Rice and BSU should agree to part ways after this season.

J. Dickey's tenture as the AD at Boise State is not off to a good start. Screwing up the football schedule, restarting the renovation plans, telling the Big 12 they weren't ready yet and then not getting invited anyway, the football hires... 

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

4 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

So, between the close losses to winning teams and beating up on the losers, you're 2019 SUDS.

Hope you win your Bowl Game and get to Ten wins. 

Americans Mayor

8 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

No, this doesn’t happen at Niner games. Sorry. 

Are you really this stupid? Go take your meds and go to bed. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1121907/Ugly-fight-49ers-game-vs-Cardinals.html

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

There’s no way we should be leading this poll.

I acknowledge that 5 wins after the promise we showed last season is a bitter disappointment. But unlv dropped double digit losses…again. Colorado State quit on their season. New Mexico was godawful. 

We sucked on offense and the coaching staff showed no ability to adjust. We wasted a talented defense. But we still won 5 games. It’s not exactly an accomplishment, but it’s far from the biggest turd in the punch bowl. 

3 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Speaking of dope, how about using some of that massive brain power of yours to help out your clueless coaches? Winning vs teams with half a roster or having teams cancel sure fooled that administration of yours. They really thought he was a winner, lol. Can’t believe they extended his contract. Now you have to pay the dumb dumb for years. Dummies everywhere on that Joser campus. 

Brennan is 13 - 36 outside the wierd covid year. Most of the posters on the homer board blame their coaches for their crappy season.... and 11 months ago they gave him an extension. This is classic. Pull up a chair and make some popcorn Bulldog fans... this is going to be fun to watch. 

14 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

There’s no way we should be leading this poll.

I acknowledge that 5 wins after the promise we showed last season is a bitter disappointment. But unlv dropped double digit losses…again. Colorado State quit on their season. New Mexico was godawful. 

We sucked on offense and the coaching staff showed no ability to adjust. We wasted a talented defense. But we still won 5 games. It’s not exactly an accomplishment, but it’s far from the biggest turd in the punch bowl. 

0D7DF8C1-57BE-4181-A605-BF52B4288A64.png

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Are you really this stupid? Go take your meds and go to bed. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1121907/Ugly-fight-49ers-game-vs-Cardinals.html

Whatever, been going to games for 40 years. Never seen much trouble. Been to a handful of Bulldog games and always seen trouble. 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

0D7DF8C1-57BE-4181-A605-BF52B4288A64.png

Funny, but you really got to get a life man.  You are trying way to hard to polish the Turd that is Fresno. It’s just the inferiority complex you all have living in there. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

28 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Whatever, been going to games for 40 years. Never seen much trouble. Been to a handful of Bulldog games and always seen trouble. 

Funny, but you really got to get a life man.  You are trying way to hard to polish the Turd that is Fresno. It’s just the inferiority complex you all have living in the FresNO. 

Only pathetic losers try to cover up their crap football programs with city smack. 
Good job Old Sharty!!:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Only pathetic losers try to cover up their crap football programs with city smack. 

I’m not trying to cover up going 5-7. Maybe others are but I’m not. I’m pretty pissed off at the way things went this season at SJSU. I was just responding to the jealousy issue. Like I said, nobody living in San Jose gives a ++++ enough about Fresno to be jealous of anything there. What would they be jealous of? Sweltering summers? Smog? Tule Fog? Poverty? Crime? 

I’ve got no problem with SJSU being turd of the year.  I’d actually put SJSU, Nevada, Boise State, and WYO all in the turd of the year category.  Nevada was preseason favorite to win the West with SJSU second. Boise was preseason favorite to win the Mountain with WYO second.  None of those 4 teams are playing in the MWC game this year.  All had disappointing seasons, but SJSU did not even go 6-6. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

16 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I've saying we should be more like you gys.

We should have just come up with horsesh't excuse not to play on thanksgiving like you guys did last year

Brennan shd quit just like Retreadford did.

You know who never quit on you guys? Tim DeRuyter. 

VIDEO0767_-000000001.jpg.cfcfcbc7e4db0aa277579c1c364bf2eb.jpg

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif