Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/28/21 - Fresno State @ Cal - WHO YA GOT?

Solid day yesterday for the conference as CSU, AFA, and Utah State got expected wins. A UNLV win over UCLA would have been the cherry on top but it wasnt to be as the Rebs got steamrolled.

One one game on the slate today. The Bulldogs look to continue their undefeated start as they travel to Berkeley to take on a bad Cal team.  I’m gonna keep it simple and take the Dogs and the points. 

Nevada is runner up.  Losing to USD, who lost to - Cal State Northridge?  Is it me, @NorCalCoug , or are your church buddies starting to rack up a few losses against the Big West?

Toreros 1-2 with losses to Cal State Fullerton and now CSUN.  Santa Clara and Pepperdine both lost to UC Irvine.  Pacific lost to Hawaii.

Cal beats Fresno 65-57. Tie game with about 8 minutes to go. Cal made a few shots and, other than Orlando Robinson, the Bulldogs on the floor looked like they were afraid to shoot.  The old adage - you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

5 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Cal beats Fresno 65-57. Tie game with about 8 minutes to go. Cal made a few shots and, other than Orlando Robinson, the Bulldogs on the floor looked like they were afraid to shoot.  The old adage - you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Or in Boise States case you miss 80% of the shots you take. 

In any regard dammit Fresno you pushed me to 10-8 on the season. 

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Nevada is runner up.  Losing to USD, who lost to - Cal State Northridge?  Is it me, @NorCalCoug , or are your church buddies starting to rack up a few losses against the Big West?

Toreros 1-2 with losses to Cal State Fullerton and now CSUN.  Santa Clara and Pepperdine both lost to UC Irvine.  Pacific lost to Hawaii.

Is a handful of victories against bottom feeding WCC schools (and middling Santa Clara) the pinnacle of success and achievement in the Big West?  Congrats…. I guess.

htSe7LF.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Losing to Cal is an embarrassment.  Horrible team, horrible job, nearly impossible to land quality assistants because of the cost of living.

Cal has been playing better the last week.  They barely lost to a good Seton Hall team by 3 points.

38 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Is a handful of victories against bottom feeding WCC schools (and middling Santa Clara) the pinnacle of success and achievement in the Big West?  Congrats…. I guess.

htSe7LF.gif

Those wins over bottom feeding WCC schools are coming from Big West bottom feeding schools.  Because depth :coffeecomputer:. We play Saint Mary's later which could be a big game for both.  

The pinnacle of success and achievement in the Big West is a national championship.  Ya know, that 1990 UNLV title some folks like to dust off.  

13577513_web1_webNCAA_Champs-Tarkanian-1

27 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Cal has been playing better the last week.  They barely lost to a good Seton Hall team by 3 points.

No one should trust them yet.  I expect Cal to beat Idaho State and Pacific, but that "middling Santa Clara" squad - as NorCalCoug put it - could give Cal fits.

20 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Those wins over bottom feeding WCC schools are coming from Big West bottom feeding schools.  Because depth :coffeecomputer:. We play Saint Mary's later which could be a big game for both

The pinnacle of success and achievement in the Big West is a national championship.  Ya know, that 1990 UNLV title some folks like to dust off.

13577513_web1_webNCAA_Champs-Tarkanian-1

giphy.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg