Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Memphis Tigers Basketball

There is still plenty of time for Memphis to shore things up and clinch an at-large bid before the AAC tourney.  But if they don't, they could be staring directly into an auto bid or bust scenario.

It would be a shame for Memphis to miss the NCAAs again with the talent on-paper they have.  

6 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

There is still plenty of time for Memphis to shore things up and clinch an at-large bid before the AAC tourney.  But if they don't, they could be staring directly into an auto bid or bust scenario.

It would be a shame for Memphis to miss the NCAAs again with the talent on-paper they have.  

Their at-large chances are over.

I’ve followed Memphis relatively closely since Penny Hardaway became the head coach.  None of the players that have stayed for multiple years are any better than when they got there.  Lester Quinones, Malcolm Dandridge, Alex Lomax, etc.  Moussa Cisse got wise and transferred out.  I don’t expect Emoni Bates back next year either.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:07 AM, UofMTigers said:

uh, we had 8 total available players last night, two of which are walk on's....how can you judge a coach/program when COVID and contact tracing is decimating the team?

I mean, same for the L against Tulane...we had 4 kids out including our 3 top scorers.

Penny needs to hire a good Offensive Coordinator and let him run his offense.  He should go get Alex Barlow from the Maine Celtics.  Kid studied under Brad Stevens and Maine leads the G league in almost every offensive category.   

46 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Penny needs to hire a good Offensive Coordinator and let him run his offense.  He should go get Alex Barlow from the Maine Celtics.  Kid studied under Brad Stevens and Maine leads the G league in almost every offensive category.   

He has Larry Brown......LARRY.BROWN on his staff.  But I'm sure rando asst coach from some G League squad can teach him a thing or two. Maybe he can offer Rasheed Wallace a few pointers on how to play the post while he's at it.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

19 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

good lord...it's like the damn Beverly Hillbillies.

the noobs greeting Kansas, Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State:

beverly-hillbillies-come-back.gif

Texas Oil, Texas Tea.  And a $1.1B endowment to take to them Beverly Hills types.  Oh wait, we're not going to the PAC,  We're just settling for XII.  lols.  Good luck in craptastic land post Houston, Cincinnati, UCF departure. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

5 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

He has Larry Brown......LARRY.BROWN on his staff.  But I'm sure rando asst coach from some G League squad can teach him a thing or two. Maybe he can offer Rasheed Wallace a few pointers on how to play the post while he's at it.

his first season he had NBA COY Sam Mitchell on staff and now he has Larry Brown on staff...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Texas Oil, Texas Tea.  And a $1.1B endowment to take to them Beverly Hills types.  Oh wait, we're not going to the PAC,  We're just settling for XII.  lols.  Good luck in craptastic land post Houston, Cincinnati, UCF departure. 

alright-jennifer-lawrence.gif

mem skyline sig.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

God, you do make it easy...

Endowments dont mean shit in athletics.  If it did, the IVY League would dominate (or Stanford, which actually has a separate athletic endowment).  And even if they did, a billion for a school that size aint that impressive.  Puts you near the bottom of the nB12.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

TCU did what in football this year?  Welcome to The New Big12.  Remind me again what TCU did post season and Final Rankings?  Oh, that's right..nothing. 

Anywho, I like throwing Memphis under the bus any chance I get.  We do not need them for any expansion purposes at all when the New Big12 jumps to 14.  I have a strong, unabashed Westward bias and BYU needs some buddies.  Absolutely no Memphis or any AAC. 

As mentioned before I do like TCU hoops. unfolding...but it's a very tough league.  For TCU, in the end, there's always baseball and equestrian.  Sell that stuff to ESPN+ lower tier.  go frogs.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Is Larry Brown still mentally all there 😁 he was old when I was a kid.  

12 hours ago, RSF said:

God, you do make it easy...

Endowments dont mean shit in athletics.  If it did, the IVY League would dominate (or Stanford, which actually has a separate athletic endowment).  And even if they did, a billion for a school that size aint that impressive.  Puts you near the bottom of the nB12.

Your wife makes it easy.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

9 hours ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Wow. Penny really sucks as a coach. Totally unprofessional.

It was an ugly, unwatchable game.  Neither team played particularly well. AND  that freakin ugly-ass blue court should be killed with fire....with FIRE! Kill it dead

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/17/2022 at 12:38 PM, SDSUfan said:

He might. Larry is old as shit and if he is running anything resembling what he ran as coach of Detroit then it might be time for some new help.  

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

@UofMTigers I hope Memphis turns it around.  Otherwise y'all will be singing the blues with UCSB as the nation's most disappointing teams.

I think Utah State may give you a run. Certainly not on the scale of UM but the Aggies appeared to be a sure fire tourney team and have fallen apart the past month.

3 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

I think Utah State may give you a run. Certainly not on the scale of UM but the Aggies appeared to be a sure fire tourney team and have fallen apart the past month.

Utah State also lost to Air Force, who doesn't even belong in the MW.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Utah State also lost to Air Force, who doesn't even belong in the MW.

UNLV also lost to Air Force.  Memphis wouldn't have