Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Will it sell out or will it look like the average San Jose State game?

Worse.

Go to GoAztecs.com

They are offering half priced CCG tix.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

During the Post Game Presser Brady Hoke was talking about the mistakes the Aztecs made in the first half. He was shut down by DB Noah Avinger. "Hey Coach, we're going to the Conference Championship Game."

He moved on.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, LKGates said:

Hey Jack,

Every fanbase has a few irrational supporters.  I'm not saying I don't believe that ANY Aggie fan "promised that we would be running stuff around here", but it certainly wasn't anywhere near a majority opinion.  We were, and are, just grateful to be in the MWC.  We love this conference.  It would take a lot more than getting our panties in a wad to convince us to leave.

Having said that, I thought you were done with all of us; why don't you mosey on over to the Little Dozen conference fan board, so they can get an early start on hating you guys?

This is more poking fun at @AggieSoxwho waltzed in here when you guys killed Boise in Logan back in 2015. He strutted in here and boldly exclaimed that USU was going to be running things in this league going forward.  USU proceeded to then lose three of four to AFA, UNM, and SDSU. If you don't know what the joke is about, might want to steer clear.

It's cute you guys think you're going to run people off. BYU has plenty of history here and will continue to play teams from here going forward in both main sports. Funny you call it the little dozen, given that anyone here would gladly change leagues to the Big 12. I'll probably just keep posting whenever I want, like I always have.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 hours ago, LKGates said:

Unless lightning strikes the SDSU team bus on the way to their "home" field, I think it's inevitable that we're going to lose.  We'll be there because that's just how things worked out.  If you don't like it, do better next year.  I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Boise State; we couldn't have done this without you.

Come on. Based on the current Sagarin ratings, SDSU will probably be favored by about a touchdown. (And that's giving SDSU the full value of the home field advantage, which may or may not be appropriate when the game is in Carson.) Yes SDSU is going to be favored in this game. If Sagarin is accurate, if the two teams played 10 times in Carson, SDSU should win 6-8 of them. But it's going way too far to say that, "it's inevitable that we're going to lose." One touchdown underdogs win games all the time. It definitely would not require the SDSU bus to be struck by lightning. The numbers suggest USU has about a 20-30% chance of winning, which sounds about right to me.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is more poking fun at @AggieSoxwho waltzed in here when you guys killed Boise in Logan back in 2015. He strutted in here and boldly exclaimed that USU was going to be running things in this league going forward.  USU proceeded to then lose three of four to AFA, UNM, and SDSU. If you don't know what the joke is about, might want to steer clear.

It's cute you guys think you're going to run people off. BYU has plenty of history here and will continue to play teams from here going forward in both main sports. Funny you call it the little dozen, given that anyone here would gladly change leagues to the Big 12. I'll probably just keep posting whenever I want, like I always have.

Hi again, Jack!

I'm so sorry!  I had completely forgotten about that thing with @AggieSox.  I'm glad you're here to remind us of trivial events in the remote past!  What would we do without you?  And thanks for suggesting that I "steer clear"!  The LAST thing I'd want to do on this board is stray out of my lane!  No one ever does that here!

I'm also sorry that I wasn't clear.  I think it would be a stretch to say that I was trying to "run you off".  I just thought you might be more at home over at the Little Dozen fan board.  I suspect that in the current situation, with Texas and Oklahoma leaving, most MWC schools would at least think twice before leaving.  Remember what happened with the Big East and Boise and San Diego.  When the inevitable poaching by the ACC and the Big-10 is done, they'll be the second best G6 conference. 

As for you coming back here to post, anyone who's ever had a cold sore knew that was inevitable.

1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

Come on. Based on the current Sagarin ratings, SDSU will probably be favored by about a touchdown. (And that's giving SDSU the full value of the home field advantage, which may or may not be appropriate when the game is in Carson.) Yes SDSU is going to be favored in this game. If Sagarin is accurate, if the two teams played 10 times in Carson, SDSU should win 6-8 of them. But it's going way too far to say that, "it's inevitable that we're going to lose." One touchdown underdogs win games all the time. It definitely would not require the SDSU bus to be struck by lightning. The numbers suggest USU has about a 20-30% chance of winning, which sounds about right to me.

Sagarin and all the other computer rankings must be overheating trying to explain the latest Boise State loss. 

39 minutes ago, smithy said:

Where's the Oil Can Bitch?

Keep it Skippy,

We will get and keep the MWC Championship.

12 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

The TV money maybe good, but the New XIi will suck Donkey Balls and Aztec asses.

Enjoy watching your teams play on ESPN+, ESPN3, and ESPNU.

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, smithy said:

It's ok..FSU will get a better bowl game at the end.

Enjoy Hawa'ii and a game against a 7-5 AAC team.

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, smithy said:

Where's the Oil Can Bitch?

You got the Can and the V as a participation Award. The only hardware that matters is a Conny.

You lost to a team with a losing record. That's why you are sitting home on CCG Weekend waiting for a Bowl Bid.

"You are what your record says you are."

Bill Parcells

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Jealous that Utah State is playing in this game and Nevada wasn’t good enough to… and props to their season. But SDSU is going to bludgeon the Aggies. 

Going to be a massacre. Not only is there no chance that the Aztecs lose this game, but this is going to be a very lopsided result. SDSU by a score of 38-7 or the like; up 24-0 or 31-0 at the half and coast the rest of the way.

I live 0:30-mins (28-mi) away (Toluca Lk/Burbank) & my folks places (Redondo Bch) is 11-mi from the Home Depot Cntr adjacent to Cal State-Dominguez Hills.

LAS 'TECAS FANS:  

Q#1:  Any idea if there will be much of a tailgating scene in/around the stadium nxt-wknd

Q#2:   Isn't your temp stadium basically on the campus of CSU-Dominguez Hills.  Did the CSU System connection play into y'all playing on the Galaxy's pitch?

https://themw.com/sports/2021/11/8/2021_mwfb_championship.aspx

@818SUDSFan