Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And yet the consenus is that the boise brand is so strong SDSU is a distant second.  Ouchie.  Everybody online thinks SDSU is a shit option compared to Boise and you just can not stand it...

Since when does the online world determine the Schools Conferences invite in ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

51 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Since when does the online world determine the Schools Conferences invite in ?

You are going to have to ask your fellow trashy as hell piece of shit SDSU fans who seem to really really care....yet nobody notices their screams.....

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are going to have to ask your fellow trashy as hell piece of shit SDSU fans who seem to really really care....yet nobody notices their screams.....

Boise, with it's FB history and proximity to Provo as a BYU travel partner certainly has a leg up on any School not named Memphis when it comes to a B12 addition. SUDS may not even be 4th or 5th on their list.

But, with SDSU set to become an R1 Institution before the end of the decade, the Athletic funding juice and new digs is well positioned for a potential PAC invite.

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, I'm pulling out the 5-4 card. Scoreboard, Boise State. :lol:

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And yet the consenus is that the boise brand is so strong SDSU is a distant second.  Ouchie.  Everybody online thinks SDSU is a shit option compared to Boise and you just can not stand it...

The consensus is wrong, and it will be clearer and clearer as SDSU adds $25 to $30 million per year to its athletic department budget (due to new stadium).

Edit: Will also mention that I was really surprised at how overlooked SDSU was nationally, but after realizing the only games that are shown are at 7:30 pm on CBSSN and the dismal Pac 12 network (our only out of conference opponent) it kind of made sense.   

2 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

The consensus is wrong, and it will be clearer and clearer as SDSU adds $25 to $30 million per year to its athletic department budget (due to new stadium).

Change of subject, but i'm really looking forward to visiting SD for Aggie away games in that new stadium. As an aside, do you think you'll get a bowl tie-in for the MW with the new stadium? Would make loads of sense. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

Change of subject, but i'm really looking forward to visiting SD for Aggie away games in that new stadium. As an aside, do you think you'll get a bowl tie-in for the MW with the new stadium? Would make loads of sense. 

I haven't heard anything about a new bowl game, but I agree with you.

The Mountain West makes a point slotting bowl games at MWC schools (Boise, New Mexico, Hawaii, and used to have LV), so it wouldn't surprise me if they added San Diego and a revamped Poinsettia Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

Edit: Will also mention that I was really surprised at how overlooked SDSU was nationally, but after realizing the only games that are shown are at 7:30 pm on CBSSN and the dismal Pac 12 network (our only out of conference opponent) it kind of made sense.   

SDSU is not really even in the discussion.  Boise is.  I know how much that pisses you off, it's clear.  

On 12/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, Spaztecs said:

Not sure what you are getting at ?

Rocky >>>> Brady ?

Brady >>> Rocky ?

Do both suck ? Frankly the fact we got to 11 wins despite no QB speaks to the Coaching staff Coaching them up and the quality of recruits.

Mr. E***** M******* has been around a loooooong time but between his miserable spelling and questionable logic is impossible to decipher.

Sorry Steve

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 12/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, jdgaucho said:

They are a nationally ranked opponent, after all (24th in the AP poll)

And not without good reason; UTSA is a damn good football team. HOWEVER, how many people within the Big 12 and Pac 12 are aware of that?

SDSU could have made hay with those conferences by beating Oregon State. I'm not sure they will care a whit if we beat UTSA. (Of course, the P12 SHOULD be aware that we've won something like 7 of the last 9 games we've played against teams from their so-called power conference.)

20 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your mighty football team is under .500 against SDSU since you joined the MWC. Eat shit.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:36 AM, utaggies said:

I’m confused. Just what are the Aggies’ responsibilities in “running things” for the next year?

It just basically means we don't have to bring treats to the meetings and stuff.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:05 PM, Ahbye said:

It just basically means we don't have to bring treats to the meetings and stuff.

You mean I made these cinnamon rolls for nothing?! (throws pan on floor in disgust)

BECAUSETHEAGGIES.jpg

26 minutes ago, BigBlueDart said:

You mean I made these cinnamon rolls for nothing?! (throws pan on floor in disgust)

If you just wasted cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting so help me… Best Buy parking lot. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 12/5/2021 at 1:13 PM, sactowndog said:

Not fearing USU… happy for you guys.  But how Anderson rebuilt by stripping Arky States best players could hurt this conference significantly long term.  

if good MWC teams start getting their coaches (which was normal) and their 4-5 best players stripped people will stop watching. 

It's been stated a few times already but Anderson hardly took Arky State's "best" players. Bonner was a QB that split time in a 2 QB system and put his name in the portal before Blake Anderson ever decided to leave Jonesboro. Brandon Bowling was a 2nd or 3rd option at WR at Arky St. and happened to be Bonner's roommate. He had 1 year to play and wanted to join his friend/roommate for his last year. He was still the 2nd or 3rd WR option at USU. Rice was really the only one that just straight up said he wanted to follow Anderson to wherever he was going after he announced he was leaving.

These 3 were good contributors and having Bonner at QB made this season possible but it took a lot more than those three to win the conference. There were also numerous players that were recruited HS players that played huge roles. Deven Thompkins really made everything possible for the other WR's. Noa carried us at RB when we needed him. Several OL and DL, TE's that were HS recruits were key starters. Even our backup QB, Peasley, won games for us when Bonner struggled or was injured. He put the team on his back at AFA and willed us to a victory in that game.

The point is every team faces losing a few players or recruits when there's a coaching change, it's just part of the game. The new staff will also bring a few new faces too so why would fans stop watching?

On 12/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, madmartigan said:

Bring back the Poinsettia Bowl !

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Bring back the Poinsettia Bowl !

The Poinsettia Bowl in a non shitty stadium would be ideal.