Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

52 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Curious if Utah State fans can provide some context.  How many players on this years team transferred in from Ark. State? 

The most important one in addition to Logan Bonner was WR Brandon Bowling, who had 39 receptions at Arky State in 2020 and who caught two TD passes in MWC title game.

5 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The most important one in addition to Logan Bonner was WR Brandon Bowling, who had 39 receptions at Arky State in 2020 and who caught two TD passes in MWC title game.

Also the much-travelled Rice, who was first team all league LB at Fresno and Arkie St, but only second team at USU.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Yep while I’m happy for USU, we could all rue the day this win happened.   

but in the meantime… former WAC teams that have won the MWC Championship …..

Boise 3

Fresno 2

SJSU 1

Utah State 1

Former MWC Bottom feeders 

SDSU - 2

Good thing for the Bottom feeders that they brought in the WAC teams…

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Boise 3

Fresno 2

SJSU 1

Utah State 1

SDSU - 2

So ... The Ags have been in two CCGs in nine seasons, winning one convincingly and losing one by a single score.

Just what is your reasoning in fearing this is a bad thing?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Just now, USU78 said:

So ... The Ags have been in two CCGs in nine seasons, winning one convincingly and losing one by a single score.

Just what is your reasoning in fearing this is a bad thing?

Not fearing USU… happy for you guys.  But how Anderson rebuilt by stripping Arky States best players could hurt this conference significantly long term.  

if good MWC teams start getting their coaches (which was normal) and their 4-5 best players stripped people will stop watching. 

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Fixed for accuracy.

My apologies, that happens to us Rebel fans all the time. Our entire fan base is judged on a couple of posters, lol. 

And I know for fact that one is just having fun when he does it, lol. 

40 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not fearing USU… happy for you guys.  But how Anderson rebuilt by stripping Arky States best players could hurt this conference significantly long term.  

if good MWC teams start getting their coaches (which was normal) and their 4-5 best players stripped people will stop watching. 

We've been losing our successful coaches to the big boys since 1962. We're used to it.

We've been getting our best players poached almost as long, and not only by the NFL. We're also used to that.

This is why we look to be inconsistent over time. Whatchagonnado?

7 minutes ago, sdsu1975 said:

No excuse for our mental collapse, but losing all those players for practice and the game sucks. Looking forward to next game.

The horrendous officiating also contributed to USU's point total but if SDSU's effort is no better in that next game than it was for the MWC title game, I'd just as soon they didn't play it.

21 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The horrendous officiating also contributed to USU's point total but if SDSU's effort is no better in that next game than it was for the MWC title game, I'd just as soon they didn't play it.

If you’ve been following at all, @cosinamastated it best- it’s CLEAR the refs wanted USU to be the MW champions. We are the bell cow of the MW. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

36 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The alleged officials missed two 15 yard penalties on USU on one drive.

4 minutes ago, sdsu1975 said:

The alleged officials missed two 15 yard penalties on USU on one drive.

im sure it was those 2 penalties that caused sdsu to give up 46 points too...lol

53 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

They missed an obvious PI against usu on the goal line. Some other stuff too. All the late hits personal fouls against SDSU appeared to me to be legitimate. Let’s be honest the way SDSU played the officials played no role in the ultimate outcome. It just wasn’t your day. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Boise 3

Fresno 2

SJSU 1

Utah State 1

SDSU - 2

SDSU was in the WAC from 1978 to 1998 and won One Title. 1986.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Sadly, this is the new model for quick success. Bring in the right transfers, get them to gel for one-two seasons. No need to recruit and develop kids.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, sdsu1975 said:

No excuse for our mental collapse, but losing all those players for practice and the game sucks. Looking forward to next game.

I'm more excited we drew UTSA than Oregon State

Americans Mayor

32 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I'm more excited we drew UTSA than Oregon State

They are a nationally ranked opponent, after all (24th in the AP poll)

6 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Just as I expected. It's not really about the Mountain West Conference at all. It's about your hurt feelings as a Boise State fan.  

I have clearly stated IN THIS THREAD exactly what I post on Twitter. Boise State is maxed out, small market team with shitty academics and NOTHING to offer up any conference except a degrading football team. 

In any case Congrats Utah State. I hope you kick the Pac 12's ass in your upcoming bowl game.

And yet the consenus is that the boise brand is so strong SDSU is a distant second.  Ouchie.  Everybody online thinks SDSU is a shit option compared to Boise and you just can not stand it...

On 12/4/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ram1554 said:

All 12 teams are “WAC additions.” Some just got here sooner than others. 

Do we really count UNLV as a WACker?  They were only there three years.