Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

In my opinion the Aztecs overachieved by quit a bit this year.  Getting to 11-1 without having a Dominate qb is rare.  To me that reflects well on the coaching staff.  To win every close game shows mental toughness of the players and is another positive reflection on the coaches.  I also expected to lose 2-3 games based on our shortcomings on offense.  So congrats to the Aztec players that played all of their home games in an empty soccer stadium in Carson CA and still put up one of the best regular seasons in program history.  Now the school and football program enters the beginning of a new era in both academics and football.  We will see what the future holds.  Looking forward to watching it from my couch.

42 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

In my opinion the Aztecs overachieved by quit a bit this year.  Getting to 11-1 without having a Dominate qb is rare.  To me that reflects well on the coaching staff.  To win every close game shows mental toughness of the players and is another positive reflection on the coaches.  I also expected to lose 2-3 games based on our shortcomings on offense.  So congrats to the Aztec players that played all of their home games in an empty soccer stadium in Carson CA and still put up one of the best regular seasons in program history.  Now the school and football program enters the beginning of a new era in both academics and football.  We will see what the future holds.  Looking forward to watching it from my couch.

Well said.  USU also way overachieved & won 2-3 games that could have gone either way.  

9 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don’t frequent Twitter, but on here IMO Aztec fans have been pretty subdued this year. Anyone who watches football knows this team had flaws despite their record. 

The dudes who run “The Show” Twitter for sDSU are total tools.  Said some stupid shit before this game, and before the Bball championship games then watched USU win.  but I’m guessing they are college kids & I was that dumb too at that age. 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:27 PM, Jack Bauer said:

Is this the part where you guys finally start running stuff around here as you promised years ago or nah?

Yep!  Looks like we are running stuff now w/ the most dominate win ever in MWCCG history 46-13.  Thanks for all your man crushes on USU through the years.   You are a master keyboard queen & your mom has to be super proud of all your 100k posts on the board.  

On 11/26/2021 at 5:14 PM, LKGates said:

Hey Jack,

Every fanbase has a few irrational supporters.  I'm not saying I don't believe that ANY Aggie fan "promised that we would be running stuff around here", but it certainly wasn't anywhere near a majority opinion.  We were, and are, just grateful to be in the MWC.  We love this conference.  It would take a lot more than getting our panties in a wad to convince us to leave.

Having said that, I thought you were done with all of us; why don't you mosey on over to the Little Dozen conference fan board, so they can get an early start on hating you guys?

Don’t pay any attention to little boy jack. He’s got a massive man crush on USU & has since the day we came into conference.   Does all he can to make USU look bad while he lives in his moms basement in Provo & is on cougar board & this board for 8 hours a day.   He’s a real winner.  

USU a is MWC Champions in 2021 & will run things till next year, what a YEAR!!

8 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

I think you're projecting your feelings of insecurity on to me. Not a good look for you. 

No no, not at all.  You rage on twitter things you would never say here cus you would get clown +++++ed.  It seems to make you really, really angry that the consensus is Boise is a much better expansion candidate.  You hate it. 

2 hours ago, bitteraztec said:

I don't see that at all. Matchups. That's all. And of course game-planning. No one can seriously doubt an 11 win team is legit in every way and a dang intimidating load of a team to face.

Would Georgia not beat all but maybe three teams in the country by lopsided scores? They're definitely that good. But they didn't match up yesterday for whatever reason. 

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

1 hour ago, AggieSox said:

Don’t pay any attention to little boy jack. He’s got a massive man crush on USU & has since the day we came into conference.   Does all he can to make USU look bad while he lives in his moms basement in Provo & is on cougar board & this board for 8 hours a day.   He’s a real winner.  

Dang it, don't boardjinx us!

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

5 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Dang it, don't boardjinx us!

Normally if you win title. You run things till next season. That’s all that it means, Nothing to jinx here. Just normal protocol.  

Any real football fan would know that sDSU probably beats USU 6/10 times or more if these 2 teams played 10 times this year.  Today everything went USU’s way, that happens 1-2 times per year in a football season & almost never happens in USU’s favor, but today it did & this year it did a few times.   Hail to the USU Aggies. 

1 hour ago, AggieSox said:

Normally if you win title. You run things till next season. That’s all that it means, Nothing to jinx here. Just normal protocol.  

Any real football fan would know that sDSU probably beats USU 6/10 times or more if these 2 teams played 10 times this year.  Today everything went USU’s way, that happens 1-2 times per year in a football season & almost never happens in USU’s favor, but today it did & this year it did a few times.   Hail to the USU Aggies. 

I’m confused. Just what are the Aggies’ responsibilities in “running things” for the next year?

11 hours ago, ripple effect said:

Don’t feel the need to start a new string, but does SUDS get Turd of the Week honors this week? Kinda by default? Inquiring minds want to know…

Neck and neck with Oregon and Iowa.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, steveem said:

I Kept predicting the Aztecs would lose three games about the time they won seen straight. The fact they went into this fall with no viable QB tells you all you need to know about Brady. With a few exceptions all those guys were Rocky's.   

Not sure what you are getting at ?

Rocky >>>> Brady ?

Brady >>> Rocky ?

Do both suck ? Frankly the fact we got to 11 wins despite no QB speaks to the Coaching staff Coaching them up and the quality of recruits.

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU fans are trash online (outside this board).

"the show" is garbage.  Trashy.  Their fans follow suit and lap it up but can not even be bothered to drive a lousy hour to watch their team.

There is no need to leave Paradise to travel to a toxic wasteland.

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, steveem said:

Defense will win you 5-6 MW games. You need Offense to run the table and win the CCG.

Good Offense contributes to good Defense. A good offense can get a few First Downs to give the D a breather. and switch field position. Good Offenses turn short fields into scores so the Defense doesn't have to pitch a shutout.

The Aztec offense did none of the above this season. The punter was able to flip Field position constantly and help out his defense.

Americans Mayor

19 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

That combined with the second sentence of my post. The Aggies came ready to play, the some Aztecs thought they run this conference.

The Aztecs won a ton of close games, the Aggies won some close games, the Rebels lost a lot of close games. And in the end, it doesn't mean a thing. The Aggies won. Big.

Fixed for accuracy.

18 hours ago, Aggie84025 said:

Sore loser.  What happened to SDSU's 7 first team conference players, were they all missing today, i am pretty sure most of them were playing?  What about the coach of the year on your sideline, he should have been able to get his team ready to beat the lowly Aggies who had 1 first team player.  What about the best punter in the nation who was blocked twice.  Not too mention the Aggies were only their because of their easy conference schedule.  Should I keep going because that is all the Aggies hear from conference mates.  Fact is the Aggies were out to prove the haters wrong and they went out and completely dominated the 11-1 Aztecs.

Agree with everything you said. Some Aztecs can't help but prove that a great university nevertheless has a significant number of d-bag alumni.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No no, not at all.  You rage on twitter things you would never say here cus you would get clown +++++ed.  It seems to make you really, really angry that the consensus is Boise is a much better expansion candidate.  You hate it. 

Just as I expected. It's not really about the Mountain West Conference at all. It's about your hurt feelings as a Boise State fan.  

I have clearly stated IN THIS THREAD exactly what I post on Twitter. Boise State is maxed out, small market team with shitty academics and NOTHING to offer up any conference except a degrading football team. 

In any case Congrats Utah State. I hope you kick the Pac 12's ass in your upcoming bowl game.

3 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Jack is a really good dude

4 hours ago, AggieSox said:

The dudes who run “The Show” Twitter for sDSU are total tools.  Said some stupid shit before this game, and before the Bball championship games then watched USU win.  but I’m guessing they are college kids & I was that dumb too at that age. 

Curious if Utah State fans can provide some context.  How many players on this years team transferred in from Ark. State?