Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

8 minutes ago, Skadres said:

Usu won covid. Congrats you're this years sjsu 

LOL.  First the Mountain is garbage.  USU is going to get boat raced in the MWCCG, and now we had 79 players missing because of COVID.

Some of Aztec fans seem gracious, but the 3 that said F#$! Utah at the stadium today to me on separate occasions, should at least be courteous enough to say F#$ Utah State, because I can't stand the Utes.

The reality is that there is a lot of parity in the MW and elsewhere so this shouldn't shock anyone.

So happy me and the boy flew to Long Beach to see this one in person.

10 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

The legend of these players keeps growing. Outside of Bellinger were there any significant players missing? Almost all were backups and guys that don't even play. Perhaps you feel like Bellinger is worth 33 points?.... but Vegas didn't seem to think his absence was even worth a single point.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm sure it was not a pleasant afternoon for Aztecs watching that. Classy response :cheers:.

BTW, this little USU vs SDSU rivalry in both BB and FB continues to quietly grow. I've always enjoyed my in-person conversations with Aztec fans.

Among all of the players missing were every tight end, back up quarterback (the qb who played the fourth quarter is the 4th string QB), a defensive lineman and ALL of the tight ends. They moved offensive lineman around to compensate for tve TE’s however when someone gets moved that opens another position. Your coaching staff took advantage of many of those  opportunities as they should. I am not making excuses for SDSU’s poor execution- only that SDSU wasn’t able to overcome those shortages coupled with the Aggies playing a solid game.  The other issue was tve stupid penalties. Hats off to tge Aghies for a well played game. They won this won deservedly so. 

49 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

How many of SDSU's like 7 first team players were missing today?  USU only had 1 person on first team awards so SDSU should have still killed the Aggies because they still had most of it not all of their first team players.  SDSU also had the coach of the year on their sidelines.

They had 17 plus players out including all of their tight ends, a starting wide receiver ( he would dwarf your db’s. Was coming g on at the end of the season  and also blocked two punts) and some others as well. Tge tightends are an important part of tge ball control offense and special teams. No list was published but it has been reported to be between 17-20 players. As I said in another comment that the shortage of players (poor execution) and Utah State playing a good game was too much for tge Aztecs to overcome. You can add the poor penalties commuted. It is what it is. The Aggies  won and the Aztecs did not. Credit to the  Aggies. 

Aggies deserved the win but I

4 minutes ago, SDDean said:

Among all of the players missing were every tight end, back up quarterback (the qb who played the fourth quarter is the 4th string QB), a defensive lineman and ALL of the tight ends. They moved offensive lineman around to compensate for tve TE’s however when someone gets moved that opens another position. Your coaching staff took advantage of many of those  opportunities as they should. I am not making excuses for SDSU’s poor execution- only that SDSU wasn’t able to overcome those shortages coupled with the Aggies playing a solid game.  The other issue was tve stupid penalties. Hats off to tgh Aggies for a well played game. They won this won deservedly so. 

Utah State deserves the win. What you said and several key special team guys were out as well. Only two practices and they were half practices. This is to not denigrate USU at all, but it would hard for any team to face that kind of adversity. I still think you would have won because SDSU has almost no offense really. That's been the case for several years there is no Pumphrey ,No Penny to bail the offense out.  Enjoy it Aggies you deserve. it on over our plays We use two tight ends and Tyrell Shavers the starting wr, 6'6 210 transfer. Best o luck against the Pac 12.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

21 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Sore loser.  What happened to SDSU's 7 first team conference players, were they all missing today, i am pretty sure most of them were playing?  What about the coach of the year on your sideline, he should have been able to get his team ready to beat the lowly Aggies who had 1 first team player.  What about the best punter in the nation who was blocked twice.  Not too mention the Aggies were only their because of their easy conference schedule.  Should I keep going because that is all the Aggies hear from conference mates.  Fact is the Aggies were out to prove the haters wrong and they went out and completely dominated the 11-1 Aztecs.

Come on. Everyone knows it was because of the refs. USU is the primary breadwinner for this conference, so the MWC refs made sure that we would not lose.

26 minutes ago, SDDean said:

Among all of the players missing were every tight end, back up quarterback (the qb who played the fourth quarter is the 4th string QB), a defensive lineman and ALL of the tight ends. They moved offensive lineman around to compensate for tve TE’s however when someone gets moved that opens another position. Your coaching staff took advantage of many of those  opportunities as they should. I am not making excuses for SDSU’s poor execution- only that SDSU wasn’t able to overcome those shortages coupled with the Aggies playing a solid game.  The other issue was tve stupid penalties. Hats off to tge Aghies for a well played game. They won this won deservedly so. 

Skippy — give it a rest. Your team got boat-raced today. It happens. Wyoming did the same to us a couple of weeks ago. You say you aren’t making excuses but then you continue to do so. COVID protocols on one starter was not the difference in the game. They did not cause your punter to be blocked twice nor were they responsible for players to commit 6 personal fouls nor were they why your COTY got out-coached. Stuff happens. The underdog won today. Your team has had a great season. Your best bet is to tip your hat to the Aggies and move along.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

MWCboard juju is undefeated.  As soon as a team has fans start proclaiming future dominance and ownership of the conference, bad things happen.  

For the record, we didn't deserve this.  We were extraordinarily lucky, all season, in fact.  It will probably never happen again.

1 minute ago, LKGates said:

For the record, we didn't deserve this.  We were extraordinarily lucky, all season, in fact.  It will probably never happen again.

Oh +++++ that noise to hell.  You deserved this abso-+++++ing-lutley.

Yeah you got a little lucky on the conference schedule but this USU team just won every key game and made a god damn statement tonight

Do not sell your team short.  These conference champs really showed something when all us naysayers bagged on their favorite schedule.  Screw that not deserving shit, your players do not deserve that commentary.

Hail the camps, baby.  Now rep us well in the bowl!  

13 minutes ago, utaggies said:

Skippy — give it a rest. Your team got boat-raced today. It happens. Wyoming did the same to us a couple of weeks ago. You say you aren’t making excuses but then you continue to do so. COVID protocols on one starter was not the difference in the game. They did not cause your punter to be blocked twice nor were they responsible for players to commit 6 personal fouls nor were they why your COTY got out-coached. Stuff happens. The underdog won today. Your team has had a great season. Your best bet is to tip your hat to the Aggies and move along.

Whatever you say buckwheat. 

29 minutes ago, steveem said:

Aggies deserved the win but I

Utah State deserves the win. What you said and several key special team guys were out as well. Only two practices and they were half practices. This is to not denigrate USU at all, but it would hard for any team to face that kind of adversity. I still think you would have won because SDSU has almost no offense really. That's been the case for several years there is no Pumphrey ,No Penny to bail the offense out.  Enjoy it Aggies you deserve. it on over our plays We use two tight ends and Tyrell Shavers the starting wr, 6'6 210 transfer. Best o luck against the Pac 12.

My exact point. 

1 hour ago, utaggies said:

The score wasn’t surprising to me. The team that won was.

It’s a big deal for the Aggies to put a MWC championship trophy in the trophy case and especially this year. The Aggies had a new coach, were coming off of a 1-win debacle season, were picked to be a bottom-feeder and now this. Fairytales sometimes come true.

The Aggies won the game fair and square. 

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh +++++ that noise to hell.  You deserved this abso-+++++ing-lutley.

Yeah you got a little lucky on the conference schedule but this USU team just won every key game and made a god damn statement tonight

Do not sell your team short.  These conference champs really showed something when all us naysayers bagged on their favorite schedule.  Screw that not deserving shit, your players do not deserve that commentary.

Hail the camps, baby.  Now rep us well in the bowl!  

*Sotto voce* (Dude, I'm just trying to dodge the MWCboard juju!)

17 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

Not even 14k fans at the game, what an embarrassment…..

I was really surprised by the crowd too.  I know it kind of sucks to drive up from San Diego, but as large as they are, they should have a large number of alumni in the LA area too.  I stand by my previous statement that the MWC could sell more tickets with a pre-set destination for the game and a year to sell tickets and get local backing.

2 hours ago, TopLobo said:

New Mexico > Wyoming > Utah State > SDSU > Yoots

MWC champs and Pac-12 champs, not a bad year for my Lobos.

You are missing a few other conferences

New Mexico > Wyoming > Utah State (MW) > SDSU > Yoots (PAC) > Oregon > Ohio State > Michigan State > Michigan (B$G) > Wisconsin > Iowa (B$G)
                                         continuing this string that Iowa (B$G) > Iowa State > KSU > TCU >Baylor (Big 12)

> Northern Illinois (MAC)

Edit* Oh there is actually another string here
                                      Ohio State > Tulsa > Memphis > Mississipi State >Texas A&M> Alabama (SEC)
I believe this means New Mexico is still in the running for the Natty.