Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

The score wasn’t surprising to me. The team that won was.

It’s a big deal for the Aggies to put a MWC championship trophy in the trophy case and especially this year. The Aggies had a new coach, were coming off of a 1-win debacle season, were picked to be a bottom-feeder and now this. Fairytales sometimes come true.

What a dominating performance by the Aggies.  All they heard all week was how physical and tough the Aztecs were.  The Aggies were dominant in the trenches.  Bonner and the receivers lit up the secondary.  This is just so awesome.  Excited to go to the LA bowl in 2 weeks and play in the SOFI stadium. 

1 hour ago, SDDean said:

It’s facts. As I said this was predictable. 20 players including all of their tight ends. Credit to Utah State. 

How many of SDSU's like 7 first team players were missing today?  USU only had 1 person on first team awards so SDSU should have still killed the Aggies because they still had most of it not all of their first team players.  SDSU also had the coach of the year on their sidelines.

Having 20 players including all the TE put on Covid protocol just before the game stinks just like Carson. I wonder if this would have happened outside of SmellA County? The Aztecs had a backup OL playing TE. But it didn't matter. The Aztecs we're undisciplined and unprepared. This was embarrassing!! The BB team took a crap as well. I will support my alma mater but it was not a good day to be an Aztec sports fan. Ouch!! Congrats to USU. 😕

Congrats USU you guys played a hell of a game and dominated us in every way possible.

To those complaining about having 20 players out, it would have made no difference at all had SDSU had those guys.  USU was by far the better team today and was ready to play.  SDSU was not.

Enjoy it USU fans.    

1 hour ago, SDDean said:

Any team missing 20 players due to covid protocol would be seriously hindered. Not making excuses-  it’s a fact. If I lived near Vegas I would have been placing my money  on Utah State. 

The legend of these players keeps growing. Outside of Bellinger were there any significant players missing? Almost all were backups and guys that don't even play. Perhaps you feel like Bellinger is worth 33 points?.... but Vegas didn't seem to think his absence was even worth a single point.

10 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Congrats USU you guys played a hell of a game and dominated us in every way possible.

To those complaining about having 20 players out, it would have made no difference at all had SDSU had those guys.  USU was by far the better team today and was ready to play.  SDSU was not.

Enjoy it USU fans.    

Thank you for the kind words. I'm sure it was not a pleasant afternoon for Aztecs watching that. Classy response :cheers:.

BTW, this little USU vs SDSU rivalry in both BB and FB continues to quietly grow. I've always enjoyed my in-person conversations with Aztec fans.

1 minute ago, Skadres said:

Usu won covid. Congrats you're this years sjsu 

Sore loser.  What happened to SDSU's 7 first team conference players, were they all missing today, i am pretty sure most of them were playing?  What about the coach of the year on your sideline, he should have been able to get his team ready to beat the lowly Aggies who had 1 first team player.  What about the best punter in the nation who was blocked twice.  Not too mention the Aggies were only their because of their easy conference schedule.  Should I keep going because that is all the Aggies hear from conference mates.  Fact is the Aggies were out to prove the haters wrong and they went out and completely dominated the 11-1 Aztecs.

36 minutes ago, Skadres said:

Usu won covid. Congrats you're this years sjsu 

Losing that one starter to COVID protocols was worth the 33 point victory magin plus the 6 points SDS was favored by — 39 points total. He must be a heck of a TE!