Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

MWCCG USU vs SDSU

21 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I live 0:30-mins (28-mi) away (Toluca Lk/Burbank) & my folks places (Redondo Bch) is 11-mi from the Home Depot Cntr adjacent to Cal State-Dominguez Hills.

LAS 'TECAS FANS:  

Q#1:  Any idea if there will be much of a tailgating scene in/around the stadium nxt-wknd

Q#2:   Isn't your temp stadium basically on the campus of CSU-Dominguez Hills.  Did the CSU System connection play into y'all playing on the Galaxy's pitch?

https://themw.com/sports/2021/11/8/2021_mwfb_championship.aspx

@818SUDSFan

There’s an OK tailgate scene. If you have kids, theres a bounce house, face painters, and other stuff outside the north endzone. Noon kickoff will probably will hurt the pregame atmosphere though. Tailgate parking (at DHSP) is $40 regular parking (on CSU campus) is $20. The stadium is kind of adjacent to campus, but I don’t think there was a CSU connection (it’s not used much outside of soccer). Drinks at the stadium are ridiculous ($14 cups of IPA, $15 Stone IPA tall boy, $17 drinks, $15 light beer tall boy, etc). 

goaztecs.com has 1/2 priced tickets thru tomorrow.

22 hours ago, B_Lootz said:

Going to be a massacre. Not only is there no chance that the Aztecs lose this game, but this is going to be a very lopsided result. SDSU by a score of 38-7 or the like; up 24-0 or 31-0 at the half and coast the rest of the way.

SDSU needs a lopsided result for their VERY outside shot at a NY6  (Cincy losing to Houston in the AAC Championship Game). 

SDSU was the team that struggled against UNLV, Hawaii, San Jose. This team capable of laying an egg. Utah State has had some impressive victories. SDSU will need to play well to win.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Yea I don’t get this overconfidence in SDSU. We’ve beaten good teams, but nothing has been guaranteed. We can’t let USU get going on offense, because we can’t keep up.

33 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

SDSU was the team that struggled against UNLV, Hawaii, San Jose. This team capable of laying an egg. Utah State has had some impressive victories. SDSU will need to play well to win.

28 minutes ago, badfish said:

Yea I don’t get this overconfidence in SDSU. We’ve beaten good teams, but nothing has been guaranteed. We can’t let USU get going on offense, because we can’t keep up.

As McQ @McQuervohas often stated, we play to the level of our competition. I see no reason for us to be overconfident. We have proved to be a gutty little team, but we are not a dominating team. If we don’t show up motivated, the Aggies are perfectly capable of lighting us up. 

Hopefully the team is focused on its goal of an MW title and comes ready to play. 

1 hour ago, badfish said:

Isn't that what Boise posters said all week ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, badfish said:

There’s an OK tailgate scene. If you have kids, theres a bounce house, face painters, and other stuff outside the north endzone. Noon kickoff will probably will hurt the pregame atmosphere though. Tailgate parking (at DHSP) is $40 regular parking (on CSU campus) is $20. The stadium is kind of adjacent to campus, but I don’t think there was a CSU connection (it’s not used much outside of soccer). Drinks at the stadium are ridiculous ($14 cups of IPA, $15 Stone IPA tall boy, $17 drinks, $15 light beer tall boy, etc). 

goaztecs.com has 1/2 priced tickets thru tomorrow.

Thx for all the background.

NOPE...no kids here.  Just 3-nephews & 3-god children.  My idea of a successful tailgate experience ends w/trying to make babies post-game...

Congrats to Utah State and their fans for winning their Division and for getting to .500 historically.

With Fridays win, their all time record is 550 Wins and losses with 32 ties.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, MWC Tex said:

Congrats to the Aztecs and Aggies.  Glad to see Utah St get in the CCG.

Yes, surprise season for the Aggies has been fun to watch. Good luck to both teams. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep, but good QB's want nothing, at all, to do with SDSU for whatever reason.  Don't see that changing.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:29 PM, Jack Bauer said:

I mean, don't lose to Hawaii?

On 11/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, smithy said:

Where's the Oil Can Bitch?

Really, the "Oil Can".

Weak.

Can't really whine when you lost to Hawaii. 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, B_Lootz said:

Going to be a massacre. Not only is there no chance that the Aztecs lose this game, but this is going to be a very lopsided result. SDSU by a score of 38-7 or the like; up 24-0 or 31-0 at the half and coast the rest of the way.

SDSU could easily lose this game.

Something I put together weekly over on the USU fan board using Sagarin Predictor, and the Predictor is within .05 of Vegas, which I think is remarkable:

11 ewe (83.77)
31 Boazy (78.97) <3-27> @ USU
32 yBu (76.48) <20-34> @ USU
42 Wazzu (75.43) <26-23> @ WSU
43 San Diego (72.66) <SDS by 5.45> @ SDS
44 Reno (75.36)
45 AFA (74.85) <49-45> @ AFA
46 Fresno (75.03)
78 USU (68.90) 
88 Colorado (66.85)
92 Wyoming (65.81) <17-44> @ USU
101 Hawai'i (62.13) <51-31> @ USU
107 Colo St (63.93) <26-24> @ USU
112 San Jose (59.93) <48-17> @ SJSU
118 Weebe (61.86)
120 Vegas (59.19) <28-24> @ Vegas
121 No Dakota (59.38) <48-24> @ USU
128 UTEP (56.00)
153 New Mejico (50.66) <35-10> @ UNM
182 NewMags (45.19) <35-13> @ NMSU
211 So Ewe (38.48)
228 Dixie (33.53)

Vegas opened at SDS -4.5, almost immediately widened to -5.5, while Sagarin Predictor has it SDS -5.45. That's as close as I've seen Vegas and Sagarin aligning. ESPN has SDS winning 74.3% of the time, and USU winning 25.7%. So ... we win this game in Carson just a tad over 1/4 of the time ... about what I predicted last week.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

5 hours ago, badfish said:

So what do I need to know about USU? Are your blowout wins as good as they seem? How did you get smacked by WYO so bad?

The joke all season for USU fans is that we are the worst 4-2, 5-2, 6-2, 7-2, 8-2, and 9-3 team in the country. The team is very Jekyll and Hyde, with really bad first quarters/halfs and amazing second halfs. We have gone 5-3 when we have been behind at half time-

Washington State- 5-6 at half, won 26-23  (Biggest Deficit- 11-23 in the 4th )

North Dakota- 20-21 at half, won 48-24 (7-21 end of the 1st)

AF- 13-24 at half, won 49-45

UNLV- 14-17 at half, won 28-24 (7-17 at the end of the 1st)

NMSU- 7-13 at half, won 35-13 (0-10 at the end of the 1st)

Bonus- San Jose- Down 0-14 in the second quarter, won 48-17

We go for it on 4th down quite often (28 attempts, 14 successful).

The Boise and Wyoming games are real head scratchers. We put up 453 yards on Boise and only got 3 points out of it. That was due in large part to penalties, turnovers and the failure to convert on 4th down. No disrespect to Boise, but USU shot themselves in the foot over and over and over in a game they should have been even with, if not winning. I have no explanation for Wyoming whatsoever. USU just flat out did not show up to that game. It happens, Boise did the same to us while ranked #21 a few years ago when we beat them 52-26.

USU is ranked #16 nationally for offense, with 457.1 yards/game. We have the #1 receiver in the country, Deven Thompkins, with 1543 yards.  He just broke the school record previously held by Kevin Curtis.  #15 passing offense in the country.

Logan Bonner has very quietly become one of the best QBs USU has had. He is on track to beat Jordan Love's TD record. He has a 32-10 TD/int ratio, with 3,242 yards. He has an incredible arm, but unfortunately he has made a lot of very questionable passes into coverage. He likes to throw at least one interception per game, just to get it out of the way before he tears it up. He can't run worth crap, although sometimes I wish he would run more often.

USU's biggest weakness is probably our O-line. Listening to the SDSU BSU game was like listening to any of our games. Bonner gets hit A LOT. Our O-line can't stop a bunch of grandmas. But he still manages to get some great passes off. Bonner is injured every game, but for some reason coach keeps putting him back in. He might have broken some ribs or torn something against UNM, but he went right back in and kept playing. As someone put it on the USU board, "Bonner is like the black night in Monty Pythons search for the Holy Grail." Toughest player on the team.

Our defense is meh, They have played complete lockdown at times and let everyone through at others. Justin Rice leads on defense, with 54 tackles.

I dunno, I am not much of an analyst, so if anyone else wants to break things down, go for it. My prediction is that SDSU will win, I am just excited to see USU in the CCG. After going 1-5 last season, getting a new coach, a new qb, and what was supposed to be a complete rebuilding year, USU has blown everyone away. I am extremely proud of this team. They don't give up even when it seems like there is no coming back. Here's to a great game against the Aztecs!

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

On 11/26/2021 at 7:09 PM, Spaztecs said:

Worse.

Go to GoAztecs.com

They are offering half priced CCG tix.

They're half price only through tomorrow and when I bought mine, none of the half-priced seats were between the 20s. We're on the 20 on the visitors side but if we don't end up moving over to the 30 or even 40, I'll be surprised.

But in the defense of other Aztecs, regardless of what Rocky and Brady have said for years, winning the title of the MWC just doesn't mean much to San Diegans or those of us in the OC and Riverside and L.A. counties. What we care about is getting to a bowl game against a P5 opponent and beating THEM. (Sadly, rumor has it that one of the bowls is trying to get us and Houston and knowing Hairball, if doing that would bring an additional buck fitty to the conference coffers, that's what will happen.)

9 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

They're half price only through tomorrow and when I bought mine, none of the half-priced seats were between the 20s. We're on the 20 on the visitors side but if we don't end up moving over to the 30 or even 40, I'll be surprised.

But in the defense of other Aztecs, regardless of what Rocky and Brady have said for years, winning the title of the MWC just doesn't mean much to San Diegans or those of us in the OC and Riverside and L.A. counties. What we care about is getting to a bowl game against a P5 opponent and beating THEM. (Sadly, rumor has it that one of the bowls is trying to get us and Houston and knowing Hairball, if doing that would bring an additional buck fitty to the conference coffers, that's what will happen.)

That would really piss me off!!  Get away from this pattern.  We kicked their asses in the Hawaii Bowl a few years ago and they haven't beaten any worthy opponents this year.  I want us matched with a P-5 team, at the least.  

3 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

What is our Defense ranked today?

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg