Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Tim Plough.....................has gotta go

Tim Plough on Aztec NT Jonah Tavai:

"He's a Bowling Ball with Butcher Knives."

B)

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Send in signals to Green during his Heisman run.  

You’ve posted this a few times and I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope but what is it actually founded on? In the very limited time that we saw him play there is absolutely nothing that stood out except for his physical stature. I hope you’re right but let’s just slow our roll a little bit and take a wait and see approach.

5 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

You’ve posted this a few times and I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope but what is it actually founded on? In the very limited time that we saw him play there is absolutely nothing that stood out except for his physical stature. I hope you’re right but let’s just slow our roll a little bit and take a wait and see approach.

His confirmed measureless as a god damn sophomore would have all been in the top 5 among QB;s in the NFL draft with 3 of the 5 drills putting him #1 by a mile...

Oh and Andy Saying that "Bachmeier can not throw the ball 85 yards like Green can"

No idea what Green has between the ears, but physically he is a generational talent based on his CONFIRMED measurable.  His 40, cone drill, verticle are all first round WR level when compared to his size.

8 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Has he ever been demoted from his position as an FCS offensive coordinator because he was so inept?

He followed Hoke from Ball State. Always an Assistant of some sort and ran Southern Indiana (is there such a team?) something.

Let's just say, not exactly a coaching "Blue Blood."

11 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Has he ever been demoted from his position as an FCS offensive coordinator because he was so inept?

and yes, he should be demoted.

Just now, Rev McQuervo said:

He followed Hoke from Ball State. Always an Assistant of some sort and ran Southern Indiana (is there such a team?) something.

Let's just say, not exactly a coaching "Blue Blood."

When you hear announcers talking about second half struggles with this staff you know how bad they are over matched.  Senior Qb next year.  Guess 8 win season and 2nd or third in the Mtn would be great.   

this cracks me up. 

26 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His confirmed measureless as a god damn sophomore would have all been in the top 5 among QB;s in the NFL draft with 3 of the 5 drills putting him #1 by a mile...

Oh and Andy Saying that "Bachmeier can not throw the ball 85 yards like Green can"

No idea what Green has between the ears, but physically he is a generational talent based on his CONFIRMED measurable.  His 40, cone drill, verticle are all first round WR level when compared to his size.

You are confusing athleticism with talent. Kellen was a “generational talent“ to use your term but would have failed any athletic measurable test given to him. Not saying Green doesn’t have both, simply saying that as of yet, we have not seen it. You are setting way too unrealistic expectations on this guy and setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pretty funny that some of the BSU fans are going ballistic at Plough over the loss.  BSU lost five games this season.  Look at who they lost to:

UCF 8-4 - was the first game of the season under new OC and DC on the road and it came down to the end - #57 defense in the country

Oklahoma State 11-1 - basically the Big 12 regular season champs, #3 defense in the country, and Boise should have won the game

Nevada 8-4 - early in the season, still getting used to the coordinators, and only lost by 10 to one of UNR's best offenses ever - #78 defense in the country

Air Force 9-3 - close game - AFA and the triple are always tough - #4 defense in the country

SDSU 11-1 -  #11 defense in the country - west division champs

So your losses were to the #57, 3, 78, 4, and 11 defenses in the country with a new OC. 

You beat #13 BYU (10-2) (lucky that you were +4 in turnovers despite being outgained by 100 yards), USU (Mtn champs) (9-3), and Fresno (9-3).

That's a pretty decent season given a new staff, coming off of covid, etc.  

You can blame Harsin all you want, but most all of you were crowing about your recruiting classes each of the past few years.  It's not Harsin nor his recruiting classes.  The MW as a whole has been recruiting better and this includes the transfer portal which USU used very well this year.

Plough is a good OC.  Give him time and realize that Boise is now playing a tougher schedule than ever before and the MWC is better than they were previously.  I mean it is a damn fight to win the conference in football.  There are few games now that are gimmes, whereas before there were several.   

6 hours ago, Fowl said:

Pretty funny that some of the BSU fans are going ballistic at Plough over the loss.  BSU lost five games this season.  Look at who they lost to:

UCF 8-4 - was the first game of the season under new OC and DC on the road and it came down to the end - #57 defense in the country

Oklahoma State 11-1 - basically the Big 12 regular season champs, #3 defense in the country, and Boise should have won the game

Nevada 8-4 - early in the season, still getting used to the coordinators, and only lost by 10 to one of UNR's best offenses ever - #78 defense in the country

Air Force 9-3 - close game - AFA and the triple are always tough - #4 defense in the country

So your losses were to the #57, 3, 78, 4, and 11 defenses in the country with a new OC. 

You beat #13 BYU (10-2) (lucky that you were +4 in turnovers despite being outgained by 100 yards), USU (Mtn champs) (9-3), and Fresno (9-3).

You can blame Harsin all you want, but most all of you were crowing about your recruiting classes each of the past few years.  It's not Harsin nor his recruiting classes.  The MW as a whole has been recruiting better and this includes the transfer portal which USU used very well this year.

Plough is a good OC.  Give him time and realize that Boise is now playing a tougher schedule than ever before and the MWC is better than they were previously.  I mean it is a damn fight to win the conference in football.  There are few games now that are gimmes, whereas before there were several.   

No one is going “ballistic” at him over the loss. We are going “ballistic” at his ineptitude and complete and utter inability to make second half adjustments. He just completed a season where he was in charge of the worst offense for us in over 25 years. There is nothing that he actually did on the field that would define him as a “good” coordinator as you put it. Nothing. Good coordinators to not get demoted from the position at Northern Arizona University because they are so bad at what they do. Next year is going to be even worse.

Didn’t watch much Boise this season, but it seemed like it was Shakir or bust on Friday. I’m guessing he’s (Shakir) gone, so next year could be a struggle.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, Bronco7454 said:

All I heard about Plough before he got to Boise State was how innovative his offense was.   I've seen every game he's been in charge of the offense for Boise State and I've yet to see ANY of this "innovative" offense of his.

His play calling is so very predictable it's literally not funny.  Run on first down, run on second down, throw (because the runs were ineffective) on third down and HOPE that Bachmeier A. Has protection from his O-line and B. Pray Bachmeier doesn't throw yet another off-target pass. 

I'm sure Tim Plough is a nice guy BUT .....................he has gotta go.  I've never seen an OC who is so determined to ignore what is actually going on on the field and just continues to call the same plays over and over and over.

Bohl says….hold my beer!

7 hours ago, Fowl said:

Agree, they overlook the fact that our "Offensive" Offense put points on the board through the air (a first this year).

They are struggling to embrace the concept that they are not the dominate power they once were. We had played them .500 so who knows, just frustrated at the outcome.

8 hours ago, Fowl said:

You play in the Mtn Least Division. But for AFA, every game should be a gimmee.

Now, you know what it is like to play on the Pacific side. Since Conference play started this year, i have been saying Boise would have an impact on the outcome of the Pacific Division, and they did, taking out Fresno.

Americans Mayor

15 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I gotta disagree with you about Heck. He's done a good job despite what he has to work with at QB. Every Defense is stacking the box, daring us to throw. Our qb's have only been good enough to narrowly win against the weak sisters of this Conference.

LJ throws a good 20 to 25 yard fade. He also has kids who have shown the ability to go up and get it. Every other throw is a crap shoot.

Brooky plays like he is manic depressive. All within the course of one half of Football.

If Haskell had it, he would be playing. I don't know if that is because the Coaching Staff is shy about Frosh QB's or the other two are better.

If Football were about Style Points we would call it Ice Dancing.

I believe this 100%, which leads me to wonder if the Aztecs look into the portal to see what’s available for next year. 

40 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

You play in the Mtn Least Division. But for AFA, every game should be a gimmee.

Now, you know what it is like to play on the Pacific side. Since Conference play started this year, i have been saying Boise would have an impact on the outcome of the Pacific Division, and they did, taking out Fresno.

The average Sagarin team rating for the Mountain Division was higher than it was for the West this year:

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/college-football-fcs-team-ratings-2021-22/

This has been the case almost every year. I forget the exact numbers, but I know the Mountain Division has dominated the West division in cross-division games in the present alignment of the MWC.

So the idea that SDSU plays a tougher schedule than BSU because SDSU plays in the West division is silly. If anything, the opposite is true. Mountain Division teams don't get to play UNLV and SJSU every year.

11-1 yet we have not had 1 REAL HOME GAME (see 125 miles into Hell aka LA) yet.

Thinking we will see fans this upcoming Saturday- town is excited.

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

I believe this 100%, which leads me to wonder if the Aztecs look into the portal to see what’s available for next year. 

They had better.

One of the many things I like about Coach Hoke is, he's not afraid to pull his QB when he's not performing.

If the Frosh phenom was better than the other two, he would be playing.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

The average Sagarin team rating for the Mountain Division was higher than it was for the West this year:

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/college-football-fcs-team-ratings-2021-22/

This has been the case almost every year. I forget the exact numbers, but I know the Mountain Division has dominated the West division in cross-division games in the present alignment of the MWC.

So the idea that SDSU plays a tougher schedule than BSU because SDSU plays in the West division is silly. If anything, the opposite is true. Mountain Division teams don't get to play UNLV and SJSU every year.

Boise had a tougher overall schedule due to OOC games and the fact that they played the three top West teams. 

The Mountain Division, though, is sh** overall.