Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Tim Plough.....................has gotta go

47 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

If record is all that matters, then why does the Mountain division have something like a .700 winning percentage against the West division under the current alignment of the MWC if the West is so much stronger? Also, last I checked, BSU won the conference in 2019. I also wasn't aware that SDSU had already won the conference championship this year. I could have sworn that the game wasn't for another week.

I said WHEN not HAVE.

Football Success is measured in Championships Son. 

Not Style Points.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I don’t want to constantly be chasing an OC because we ran the last  one off because idiot fans demanded they be gone. Each one being worse than the previous. It’s a spiral that would eventual get Avalos fired, after multiple losing seasons. 

BSU is not in s good spot now , and it’s going to take time , more than idiot fans are willing to give to get things rolling again.  Next year will probably be worse than this year. People need to align their expectations with reality. What we think is irrelevant though because we have 0 to do with the hiring and firing of coaches. 

If Plough is so good, why are you already conceding that next year will be worse and making excuses for him?

I love how we've gone from "hashtag half a hundred, guaranteed" to "it'll take at least four years to even resemble an FBS-caliber offense again," but anyone who questions this is crazy, spoiled, unreasonable, etc.

0mK6pGK.png

21 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

If Plough is so good, why are you already conceding that next year will be worse and making excuses for him?

I love how we've gone from "hashtag half a hundred, guaranteed" to "it'll take at least four years to even resemble an FBS-caliber offense again," but anyone who questions this is crazy, spoiled, unreasonable, etc.

I’m not saying Plough is “good” . I’m saying we don’t know yet if he is or not. We need more time and evidence to evaluate. I’m not like you, BSU should absolutely not fire coaches on a whim. Align your expectations! 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m not saying Plough is “good” . I’m saying we don’t know yet if he is or not. We need more time and evidence to evaluate. I’m not like you, BSU should absolutely not fire coaches on a whim. Align your expectations! 

Empirical evidence, i.e. this shamockery of an offense is the opposite of a whim. 

17 hours ago, Fowl said:

Pretty funny that some of the BSU fans are going ballistic at Plough over the loss.  BSU lost five games this season.  Look at who they lost to:

UCF 8-4 - was the first game of the season under new OC and DC on the road and it came down to the end - #57 defense in the country

Oklahoma State 11-1 - basically the Big 12 regular season champs, #3 defense in the country, and Boise should have won the game

Nevada 8-4 - early in the season, still getting used to the coordinators, and only lost by 10 to one of UNR's best offenses ever - #78 defense in the country

Air Force 9-3 - close game - AFA and the triple are always tough - #4 defense in the country

SDSU 11-1 -  #11 defense in the country - west division champs

So your losses were to the #57, 3, 78, 4, and 11 defenses in the country with a new OC. 

You beat #13 BYU (10-2) (lucky that you were +4 in turnovers despite being outgained by 100 yards), USU (Mtn champs) (9-3), and Fresno (9-3).

That's a pretty decent season given a new staff, coming off of covid, etc.  

You can blame Harsin all you want, but most all of you were crowing about your recruiting classes each of the past few years.  It's not Harsin nor his recruiting classes.  The MW as a whole has been recruiting better and this includes the transfer portal which USU used very well this year.

Plough is a good OC.  Give him time and realize that Boise is now playing a tougher schedule than ever before and the MWC is better than they were previously.  I mean it is a damn fight to win the conference in football.  There are few games now that are gimmes, whereas before there were several.   

Too many of our top rated recruits that made those the highest rated classes in the MWC never played a down for Boise.  

Yest, Harsin +++++ed the roster.

4 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m not saying Plough is “good” . I’m saying we don’t know yet if he is or not. 

Hire someone you know is good.   What a risk they are taking with this program.   Makes no sense.  But, nobody here minds.  Everyone around the league is pulling for alalos to stay with staff in tact.  Believe me. 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Too many of our top rated recruits that made those the highest rated classes in the MWC never played a down for Boise.  

Yest, Harsin +++++ed the roster.

I'll take your word for it.  Just remember that in most FBS recruiting classes, schools are lucky to retain 75% after the first year.  And if 50% ever play in a game that is considered a success.  Perhaps Boise's prior classes had much higher hit rates?

SDSU had around the 30th or thereabouts class nationally after Tom Craft became coach in February of 2002 and a similar rated class in 2003.  About 25% or thereabouts were never accepted into school because of grades.  I'm guessing here and @818SUDSFan can probably provide more accurate data, but I think that only 25-35% of those classes ever saw the field due to grades, not making the two-deep, injuries, or just quitting playing football.  It happens.  Sometimes you whiff on several guys.  I doubt it was anything malicious on Harsin's part.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why you think those classes didn't pan out. 

11 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I'll take your word for it.  Just remember that in most FBS recruiting classes, schools are lucky to retain 75% after the first year.  And if 50% ever play in a game that is considered a success.  Perhaps Boise's prior classes had much higher hit rates?

SDSU had around the 30th or thereabouts class nationally after Tom Craft became coach in February of 2002 and a similar rated class in 2003.  About 25% or thereabouts were never accepted into school because of grades.  I'm guessing here and @818SUDSFan can probably provide more accurate data, but I think that only 25-35% of those classes ever saw the field due to grades, not making the two-deep, injuries, or just quitting playing football.  It happens.  Sometimes you whiff on several guys.  I doubt it was anything malicious on Harsin's part.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why you think those classes didn't pan out. 

It was the fact that of the players we lost, too many of them were the top ranked guys in the class.  That at the time highest ranked G5 class ever, for example, 3 of the 6 4 star recruits never took a snap, nor did the three highest rated 3 star players.  That is 6 of the top 9 and NINE OF THE TOP 11 in the class.  In reality what was the best G5 class ever signed on paper, turned into a below average MWC class.

So yeah, I doubt any other MWC teams has had the same rate of attrition/busts among the top third of their classes.  

If Plough is so bad why did our best OC and head coach ever recommend him for the job? Anyone that bothered watching our Oline this year should understand why the offense was piss poor. 

It doesn’t matter what the phuck you doufusses think anyway. Avalos has the last word, he understands the situation with our Oline, and he won’t be firing Plough. So deal with it. 

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

If Plough is so bad why did our best OC and head coach ever recommend him for the job? Anyone that bothered watching our Oline this year should understand why the offense was piss poor. 

It doesn’t matter what the phuck you doufusses think anyway. Avalos has the last word, he understands the situation with our Oline, and he won’t be firing Plough. So deal with it. 

Petersen purposefully sabotaged both Boise and Washington to make his legacy look better. /s

Back to the whipping boy Plough....

He's an easy target because he said they don't look at the scoreboard until they hit half a hundred.  Haters took that to mean he gets 50+ every game.  What it means is he's too into it to look at the scoreboard until he knows they got it.  It means he looked at the scoreboard this year once or twice.   

The offense will not go backwards next year.  If they flat line or go backwards he will be gone.   I'll take your bets now that it goes backwards.  Pick your stats.

Either he learned or he's not capable of learning because the moments for learning were plenty.  Tons of film of himself to look over this winter.  What he had to work with was subpar this year and his results were subpar.  Not a savant. Not a moron.     1 more season before serious evaluation.

4 hours ago, roughrider said:

Back to the whipping boy

The offense will not go backwards next year.  If they flat line or go backwards he will be gone.   I'll take your bets now that it goes backwards.  Pick your stats.

Senior Qb.  Should be a great year.  9-11 wins.  Big time bowl.  Back to back taters bowls.  Funny