Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops 11/26 - Four Games- WHO YA’ GOT!

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

Reece and Kevin said he got tripped pretty hard vs. Grand Canyon. Didn't listen to any broadcast today, but he was walking around fine despite being in sweats. Hopefully it's just a 1-game precaution 

Roger that. Didn’t see anything in the media leading up to the game and missed the first half so I was confused when I tuned in and checked the box score. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Came online to take my beating over the Lobo debacle then saw the BSU score. Had to look again, not so much over the loss, basketball happens, but the score itself. That had to be painful to watch.

27 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I watched. Boise was completely lost the entire game.

Effing horrific. I was at the game. It was straight up the worst offensive performance by BSU in the 40 year history of our arena. The majority of High School teams in Boise would have scored more than 39 against CSUB. A moderately competent D1 team would have beat us by 30+ tonight. I've probably seen close to 200 games at Extra Mile/Taco Bell/Pavillion and I can't remember watching a game that was so painfully brutal from start to finish.

19 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Just got back from the boise state game. Black Friday has taken on an all new meaning.  In 12 years I have never seen anything that bad. 

What was the atmosphere like?

I didn’t even watch because family stuff. 32 three attempts (6 made) and 26 twos (7 made). Only 5 assists. Ugly stats all around.

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I didn’t even watch because family stuff. 32 three attempts (6 made) and 26 twos (7 made). Only 5 assists. Ugly stats all around.

So Taco Bell arena was more like a Taco Bell bathroom tonight?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Atmosphere sucked. Crowd wanted to get into it,, but it's hard to generate any excitement when you can only score once every 6 or 7 possessions. I think they only scored consecutive baskets once the entire frigging game.

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

Boise was running a promo where you get a free ticket to the next game if they win. What if Leon blew the game on purpose to save the AD money?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

St Louis on Tuesday would be a much better one to throw. This was like point-shaving level bad shooting.

16 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It was ridiculous.  Fans were cheering like mad when we made a frickin free throw it was that bad.  

5 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Boise was running a promo where you get a free ticket to the next game if they win. What if Leon blew the game on purpose to save the AD money?

I've got a better promotional idea: fire Rice. That might actually put butts in seats, unlike this miserable product.

0mK6pGK.png

6 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Hey that must be it.  Now it all makes sense.  No team in D1 basketball could possibly suck that bad.  Whew I feel better now knowing we were just trying to get out of all those free tickets.  Way to take one for the school Leon!!!

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

So do Boise fans still think losing Alston was addition by subtraction?

Here is some info in a SLC newspaper: "Derrick Alston Jr., a 23-year-old combo forward from Boise State, has shot abysmally from the field to start the season. Through five outings, he's averaged 7.4 points and 4.8 rebounds, all while shooting 21.4% from the field and an almost comical 9.7% from three. He’s attempted 31 triples this season and only knocked down three of them. Alston Jr.’s efficiency differential stands at -55.4, only bested by B.J. Taylor’s eDiff of -90.8."