Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops 11/26 - Four Games- WHO YA’ GOT!

The Hastings (NE) Broncos travel on I80 through Ogalalla, North Platte, Sidney, Kimball, and Pine Bluffs to meet the MWCBoard Darlings.  Obviously no spread. But let’s have some fun. Hastings lost by 10 to D1 Nebraska-Omaha. Wyoming would be somewhere near -20 against UNO. So let’s establish the spread at Wyoming -30.  WHO YA GOT? 

I had a heartbreaking betting loss yesterday as UNM fouled down 12 with 20 seconds remaining. One made free throw beat me. So I’m taking a break from the Lobos who were tied through 35 minutes, then suffered a complete meltdown. If you want to know hard hard a task Pitino Jr has in ALBY-Q, consider that his Lobos are underdogs to Towson. Ten years ago UNM would have been favored by 30 but a couple of bad coaching hires have totally derailed the program. Pitino’s task is much more than winning a few games as he’s basically having to rebuild from ashes.

Boise hosts a CSU-B program that is dropping like a rock. I think the Broncos roll in this one and while the margin is large, I’m not too worried. Broncos to cover.

Then we come to the biggest game on the docket. Aztecs did more than take care of business against Georgetown last night. They finally showed an offense that matched their normal intensity on defense. USC has been beating up on dwarfs and the Aztecs are more battle tested.  I was hoping there would be some value on the Aztecs but the spread has already moved to SDSU -2. So I’m going with the first half under of 61.5 as I think the Aztecs will be too much for USC out of the gate.

Conference OOC record is now 44-16 (73.3%) Hoping for a 4-0 night for the MWC. SUDS has a big opportunity for a resume win tonight. Hope they can take advantage.

UNM vs. Towson is going to be tricky. If the Lobos can play an entire game like they did for the first 35 minutes against UAB they should handle Towson pretty easily though.

BSU should win easily and cover barring a pretty big meltdown.

Wyo 21-39 from 3 with 10:45 left. 

School record was 20. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

26 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

FFS

CSUB leads Boise 22-19 at the half. The visitors have really slowed the game down and the Broncos are having difficulty speeding them up.

Towson leads UNM 42-29 at the half.

I'm torn.  A Boise win keeps them a quality win for UC Irvine.  But losing to the Birds would be epic.  Let's see what Boise does

Lobos have no semblance of an offense.  Will be lucky to beat AFA and SJSU.

If you lack talent, then you have to execute.   But no execution with heroball House running the show.  When was the last time UNM didnt have a secondhand PG?

Lobos basketball looking not much different from last year's team... awful! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

Lobos basketball looking not much different from last year's team... awful! 

At least we dont have a no effort Jaquan Lyle out there.  Lyle got Weir fired as he singlehandedly cucked Weir

Wyo goes 28-54 from 3. Ties NCAA record. 

Drake Jeffries sets MWC record with 11-17 from 3. 

According to the announcers. Haven’t checked. Either way, crazy shooting performance. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."