Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Let's Rock! Some More.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

sorry crix, this sucks

Etta James is a f**king legend and this song is amazing. It might be out of place in a "let's rock" thread, but she did old school jazz and R&B as well as anyone. 

17 hours ago, crixus said:

Have you heard the slow, piano version of this? If you've lost anyone recently....or ever....it will tear you up. Five Finger Death punch did a similar version, but The Offspring doing a slow version was a great move. 

On 11/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, Slapdad said:

Etta James is a f**king legend and this song is amazing. It might be out of place in a "let's rock" thread, but she did old school jazz and R&B as well as anyone. 

Etta James was an amazing talent and did rock too. And rock music is a broad genre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_music

Sonny Bono wrote and sang the song with Cher in the 60's and UB 40 with Chrissie Hynde had a hit with it in the 80's. But I like Etta James version best. B)

Jamesetta Hawkins (January 25, 1938 – January 20, 2012), known professionally as Etta James, was an American singer who performed in various genres, including blues, R&B, soul, rock and roll, jazz and gospel.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Have you heard the slow, piano version of this? If you've lost anyone recently....or ever....it will tear you up. Five Finger Death punch did a similar version, but The Offspring doing a slow version was a great move. 

I saw Offspring back in 2010 at GSR in Reno and Dexter performed the song with just him on the piano. It was really good, but I hope to catch them again in the future with hopefully the rock version so I can experience that live. 

This viral video of Wednesday Addams dancing to Russian goth/ post punk band, Molchat Doma is catchy.

Appropriate title for today's occasion. Banquet by Bloc Party.