Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

First match in the MWC volleyball tournament

# 6 seeded Boise State sweeps # 3 seed San Jose State 3-0.

Boise State won the first set 25-20

Boise State won the second set 25-18

Boise State won the third set 25-22

San Jose State is eliminated and Boise State will face # 2 Seed Utah State tomorrow

Boise State and Utah State faced each other only once this season, in Boise State, and Utah State won that match 3-2 on Oct. 19th.

4 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

UNLV defeats UNM. Grrrrr 

15-13 in the final game of a 5 Set match 

congrats Rebels, please beat the Rams. 

That was a good match, in that 5th set, I realized that when I was watching UNM scored, so I quit watching, except to check the score. Tough loss for the lobos.

IF Boise State defeats # 2 seeded Utah State today at 2 p.m. M.T. the # 6 seeded Broncos would then be in the championship match and face the winner of the # 4 seeded U.N.L.V. vs.  # 1 seeded Colorado State (which is slated to begin at 4 p.m. today).

BTW - who was the MWC genius who scheduled these matches to take place on THANKSGIVING DAY?

I've been TRYING to watch the Boise State vs Utah State semi-final volleyball game but AS PER USUSAL the M.W.C. falls down on the job completely.  There is ZERO audio and no score being given (at all).  Great job there Mtn West Conference - you have lived DOWN to your horrible reputation.

4 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

I've been TRYING to watch the Boise State vs Utah State semi-final volleyball game but AS PER USUSAL the M.W.C. falls down on the job completely.  There is ZERO audio and no score being given (at all).  Great job there Mtn West Conference - you have lived DOWN to your horrible reputation.

Maybe you're trying to watch using the wrong browser? My Brave browser doesn't do well with the MWC network, but I'm using google chrome, and the feed and audio are good. I watched UNM/UNLV with no issues yesterday. BSU down 11-20 in the first set against USU.

https://players.brightcove.net/6050660108001/4GMuOweD95_default/index.html?videoId=6218449329001&adConfigId=live.hSO_97f9B1DpWybCqYO-os1lQnJM6PBl0WYarRneysM_PioyQtTkWkC-qk0gxHFftzW5KGmvCapoHhiRaP36bvgzLLP7SDqL05hn5DEFMQ

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Boise State won their first ever Conference Volleyball championship today, beating defending champion U.N.L.V. on their home court in 4 sets.

U.N.L.V. won the first set 19-25

Boise State won the next three straight sets by scores of 25-21, 25-23 and 25-15.

As a result of their championship today Boise State - the tournaments lowest Seed (# 6) - will now be the MWC representative in the N.C.A.A. tournament.

Congrats to all of the players who earned this championship as well as head coach Shawn Garus and his two assistant coaches Candy Murphy and Hayley Peterson.

Congratulations Congrats GIF

3 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Boise State won their first ever Conference Volleyball championship today, beating defending champion U.N.L.V. on their home court in 4 sets.

U.N.L.V. won the first set 19-25

Boise State won the next three straight sets by scores of 25-21, 25-23 and 25-15.

As a result of their championship today Boise State - the tournaments lowest Seed (# 6) - will now be the MWC representative in the N.C.A.A. tournament.

Congrats to all of the players who earned this championship as well as head coach Shawn Garus and his two assistant coaches Candy Murphy and Hayley Peterson.

Congratulations Congrats GIF

Congrats, I had been busy today and hadn't been able to keep track. Rep us well, good luck to your team.

13 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Congrats, I had been busy today and hadn't been able to keep track. Rep us well, good luck to your team.

Congrats to U.N.L.V. as well.  The Rebels won it last season and finished 2nd this year.   That's not ideal but it's pretty damn good IMO.

P.S. The 2021 Div I women's volleyball tournament begins next Thursday (Dec. 2) and culminates on Dec. 18th.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF