Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Ahmaud Arbery. Results are in!

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Reassuring Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My thoughts, exactly. And it is not often when I feel this way about a prosecutor winning. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, AztecSU said:

Wow, not sure about all the details but I kinda thought the 3rd guy would get off. Seemed like he was following, not participating, but I guess not?

He participated, just not the instigator of it all, hence not as many guilty verdicts on him.

Justice served! :banhammer:

I wonder if the lady who tried to cover it up will get any charges against her?

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t support the death penalty, but right now I feel like the old lady juror in my cousin Vinny that says “fry em”. 

Prison for middle aged white guys will be much worse.

They would not have been arrested, if the Greg Floyd protest had not occurred. If I am remembering correctly, they were not charged nor arrested for several months. 

They deserve to be locked up.

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t support the death penalty, but right now I feel like the old lady juror in my cousin Vinny that says “fry em”. 

Still don't support the death penalty but life without for the younger McMichaels, life with for the older, and 20+ years with good behavior possibility of 15 or so for Bryan Jr sounds about right.