Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/24/21- Four Games - WHO YA’ GOT?

Fantastic win by Fresno State as they absolutely shut down Santa Clara 59-52. Two things really stood out. Only 8 turnovers and 22-25 from the free throw line. Two areas that have traditionally plagued the Bulldogs.

I must congratulate UNLV fans here.  Seems all the recent swagger being posted has generated enough bad juju that it has brought Nevada back to life.

On a serious note, good night for the MW and adding another win over the PAC.

18 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

We’re still raw, and we have a couple players like the Arizona transfer who is battling Injuries. I’d very be shocked if we beat Santa Clara, given how they’ve been blowing out all these teams. 

Fresno looked down right stout last night. They look more like a SDSU squad right now than does SDSU. Congrats on the tourney win and big ups for taking down two members of the  West Coast Conference, who I'm told by everyone in the know, is the Biggest, Baddest Basketball Conference in the known universe.

Memo to all WCC Knob Slobberers

The WCC is what what it is; Gonzaga, a little BYU and a bunch of Quad 4 crash test dummies.

Stop the insanity.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

52 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Fresno looked down right stout last night. They look more like a SDSU squad right now than does SDSU. Congrats on the tourney win and big ups for taking down two members of the  West Coast Conference, who I'm told by everyone in the know, is the Biggest, Baddest Basketball Conference in the known universe.

Memo to all WCC Knob Slobberers

The WCC is what what it is; Gonzaga, a little BYU and a bunch of Quad 4 crash test dummies.

Stop the insanity.

Saint Mary's is a crash test dummy? :huh:

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fantastic win by Fresno State as they absolutely shut down Santa Clara 59-52. Two things really stood out. Only 8 turnovers and 22-25 from the free throw line. Two areas that have traditionally plagued the Bulldogs.

Santa Clara was missing their leading scorer on the front line at 16ppg, not sure why but I’m sure it had an impact. Take any team and remove a guy like that and they won’t be the same. When we lost Kigab last year we weren’t the same team. 

In any regard good win for Fresno. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Santa Clara was missing their leading scorer on the front line at 16ppg, not sure why but I’m sure it had an impact. 

He also missed the game the night before when Santa Clara hammered TCU.

12 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Saint Mary's is a crash test dummy? :huh:

They aren't very good.  Tallest midget. That's all they've ever been with rare exception.  Seems like some of the other WCC schools have discovered Australia now so that status will be difficult to maintain.

The WCC might......might...be a little less bad this year because of the extra COVID year and what else are these kids gonna do but come back and play? It's not like the NBA is calling them any time soon or any other pro league for that matter.

I'm not sure why anything I'm saying is controversial. The over hype I see in here and hear coming from the talking heads is laughable.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

They aren't very good.  Tallest midget. That's all they've ever been with rare exception.  Seems like some of the other WCC schools have discovered Australia now so that status will be difficult to maintain.

The WCC might......might...be a little less bad this year because of the extra COVID year and what else are these kids gonna do but come back and play? It's not like the NBA is calling them any time soon or any other pro league for that matter.

I'm not sure why anything I'm saying is controversial. The over hype I see in here and hear coming from the talking heads is laughable.

We'll see soon enough.  Saint Mary's next five games will reveal all.

Rivertucky, USU, CSU, UCSB and the Aztecs in that order.

43 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

We beat them by 25 last year.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

I see 3 or 4 losses for St. Mary's there. I guess any given night.

56 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I see 3 or 4 losses for St. Mary's there. I guess any given night.

Question is, who?

@Swoll Cracker, that stretch for SMC's warrants a "who ya' got?"  listing, even though two of those games are non-MW. 

Question is, who?

@Swoll Cracker, that stretch for SMC's warrants a "who ya' got?"  listing, even though two of those games are non-MW. 

Probably 3 of anyone except Riverside.

I was impressed with Orlando Robinson.  How did UNLV not have him on their radar?  

Blame whichever coach we had at the time, lol. Menzies? TJ? I don't even remember..