Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/24/21- Four Games - WHO YA’ GOT?

The high-flying Poets of Whittier bring their 99 ppg offense to the T and M. Can you believe there’s no line?  Word is that Lon Kruger requested game video from Whittier to prepare his team. And when the video arrived there were 17 minutes missing. Not so coincidentally, Richard Nixon is the most famous Whittier alum.

Im going Falcons -6 today. They’ve been one of the bigger surprises in the MWC this season, albeit against a weak schedule. I don’t think DU is any good. CSU had a secret scrimmage against the Pioneers and word is the Rams beat them 80-46; please dont teal anyone because it’s a secret.

Eff Steve Alford. I finally bet against the Pack (against my normal good judgment of not betting against MWC SQUADS) and the Pack go out and absolutely eat George Mason’s children. Hopefully, the Pack will use that as a launching pad for the rest of the non-conference schedule. But I’m not ready to bet on them without seeing a little more.

Fresno has a tough matchup in Santa Clara who are looking really good so far. Its really the Bulldogs first test. I like their squad and believe they are the strongest dark horse other than Wyoming. I’m just not sure they’re ready for prime time so I’m staying away.

1 minute ago, B_Lootz said:

UDub is not that good.. program has tanked under Hopkins. 

Well, yes. But outside of one game, they've been a helluva lot better than Nevada so far this year. 

20 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

How is Nevada a 3.5-point favorite? 

The bigger question is whether Nevada will join Wyoming as an MWCboard darling if they produce a win over the Huskies?

20 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

UDub is not that good.. program has tanked under Hopkins. 

They beat the team (South Dakota State) that destroyed us by 30 a couple days ago. Hard to fathom how we're favored. 

And I think Fresno will be really good this year, but Santa Clara looks legit. They're blowing everyone out. The WCC is looking like a 4 bid league. 

46 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The bigger question is whether Nevada will join Wyoming as an MWCboard darling if they produce a win over the Huskies?

I say no.  They need to have at least 2 or 3 more wins.  They've made the rest of us suffer for too long.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

I don’t like betting on Air Force. They don’t have the same talent as most teams, but they play disciplined ball. You never know which team is going to show up.

Nevada-UW is a tough one. The Huskies have been playing better of late and is Nevada really turning the corner or was their last game an anomaly. No clear cut choice on this one.

The one game I saw Santa Clara play they manhandled Nevada. They have some talented players and I’ll take them to cover over Fresno who hasn’t played anyone of note yet. 

1 hour ago, bigd said:

They beat the team (South Dakota State) that destroyed us by 30 a couple days ago. Hard to fathom how we're favored. 

And I think Fresno will be really good this year, but Santa Clara looks legit. They're blowing everyone out. The WCC is looking like a 4 bid league. 

Yeah, the mid-level of the WCC has really improved the last couple years. I'd be somewhat surprised if they don't get 4 into the NCAAT this year. Probably not outside the realm of possibility they could get 5 in if USF and SCU both continue to blow through their OOC games.

It would be a really good win if Fresno is able to take down SCU, but don't think it will happen. I've watched Santa Clara twice and they look like a team that is capable of getting an at-large bid to the NCAAT. I haven't seen Fresno play yet, but I'm guessing they aren't at the same level.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

How is Nevada a 3.5-point favorite? 

Washi

2 hours ago, bigd said:

The WCC is looking really good.  You have the 3 regular power houses and then add in Santa Clara and San Francisco who look really good as well.  It is a very tough conference this year.

32 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Washi

The WCC is looking really good.  You have the 3 regular power houses and then add in Santa Clara and San Francisco who look really good as well.  It is a very tough conference this year.

One of the best conferences in the country this season, easily the best one west of the Rockies.

2 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Yeah, the mid-level of the WCC has really improved the last couple years. I'd be somewhat surprised if they don't get 4 into the NCAAT this year. Probably not outside the realm of possibility they could get 5 in if USF and SCU both continue to blow through their OOC games.

It would be a really good win if Fresno is able to take down SCU, but don't think it will happen. I've watched Santa Clara twice and they look like a team that is capable of getting an at-large bid to the NCAAT. I haven't seen Fresno play yet, but I'm guessing they aren't at the same level.

We’re still raw, and we have a couple players like the Arizona transfer who is battling Injuries. I’d very be shocked if we beat Santa Clara, given how they’ve been blowing out all these teams. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

5 hours ago, bigd said:

The thing that gives me pause is Fresno's struggle with Idaho-- a one win team last year that got blown out by 48 and 38 points to Wazzu and Utah Valley respectively in subsequent games.