SparkysDad

Does Cincy Get In?

On 11/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, trvitmvnz said:

Win out and they are in 

I think Cinci's (Cincy's?) in if Alabama loses, which should be the outcome against Georgia...but if Alabama beats Georgia AND Oklahoma State beats Baylor, it could get extremely interesting.

What do you tell Oklahoma State, Big 12 Champions, who just beat #10 Oklahoma and (if it happens) beat #8 (currently) Baylor? It's interesting that the AP now has Oklahoma State ranked #5, ahead of Notre Dame, which IMHO is as it should be.

If Cincinnati beats Houston very convincingly I think they deserve their shot and I don't think The Committee has a real option. But if they struggle, even with a win, The Committee has their "justification" if they choose to use it.  

IMO, either Cincinnati or Oklahoma State get hosed if left out (if both win out). #secsecsec

18 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

I think Cinci's (Cincy's?) in if Alabama loses, which should be the outcome against Georgia...but if Alabama beats Georgia AND Oklahoma State beats Baylor, it could get extremely interesting.

What do you tell Oklahoma State, Big 12 Champions, who just beat #10 Oklahoma and (if it happens) beat #8 (currently) Baylor? It's interesting that the AP now has Oklahoma State ranked #5, ahead of Notre Dame, which IMHO is as it should be.

If Cincinnati beats Houston very convincingly I think they deserve their shot and I don't think The Committee has a real option. But if they struggle, even with a win, The Committee has their "justification" if they choose to use it.  

IMO, either Cincinnati or Oklahoma State get hosed if left out (if both win out). #secsecsec

That is why I think SEC and Big 12 Championship are important for Cincinnati if they beat Houston next week and how the committee places the Top 5 this week

I would love to see Cincinnati v. Oklahoma State for all the marbles.  Why?  No SEC.  No B1G.  No ACC (no worries re them this year),  If the PAC were stronger, I can handle Utah or Oregon swap out for my fantasy top two.  That didn't happen.  It will prolly be Georgia and Michigan with a Georgia wipe out.  Yawn. 

12-game playoff!  No more of this secret meeting stuff in DFW Tuesday nights voting/accessing/conjuring up things.  12 teams with a mathematical formula, published in July.  Not conjured about in DFW every Tuesday evening in November, secret committee style. 

7 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

I would love to see Cincinnati v. Oklahoma State for all the marbles.  Why?  No SEC.  No B1G.  No ACC (no worries re them this year),  If the PAC were stronger, I can handle Utah or Oregon swap out for my fantasy top two.  That didn't happen.  It will prolly be Georgia and Michigan with a Georgia wipe out.  Yawn. 

12-game playoff!  No more of this secret meeting stuff in DFW Tuesday nights voting/accessing/conjuring up things.  12 teams with a mathematical formula, published in July.  Not conjured about in DFW every Tuesday evening in November, secret committee style. 

I can't imagine why...[/rollseyes]

You missed my point, entirely.  Open playoff.  12 games.  4 byes for the conventional regulars always SEC and B1G by default.  The Other Eight duke it out on their home field turf by math and strength.  To boot...Fox, CBS, and ESPN get to pay hand over fist for the rights to televise all of this.  As they should. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

You missed my point, entirely.  Open playoff.  12 games.  4 byes for the conventional regulars always SEC and B1G by default.  The Other Eight duke it out on their home field turf by math and strength.  To boot...Fox, CBS, and ESPN get to pay hand over fist for the rights to televise all of this.  As they should. 

There is no disagreement about how to house the games when they start the expanded playoffs. Some of the Bowls want to host them and some think networks are going to push neutral site big stadiums for them

But 12 is way to many