Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

Does Cincy Get In?

37 minutes ago, aztech said:

No, they'll give it to Cincy even if Houston beats them.  Houston and SDSU will be shit out of luck.  They won't put two G5 teams in major bowls.  That's how those bastards roll.       

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yeah I don't see Houston or SDSU passing Cincinnati to that spot. 

Does not matter.  If Cincinnati loses they are eliminated for the automatic qualification, the auto bid for a NY6 game goes to the highest ranked G5 conference champion.  Cincy could get selected as an at large, however, but another G5 would get the auto bid.  

1 hour ago, ziggy29 said:

Auburn screwing the pooch made it harder for Cincinnati to get in. 

Nah again nothing has changed. Cincy watching ND game tonight and the OK/OK St game tonight.

The next week SEC and Big 12 Championships are the watch ones, 

Cincinnati will Get In so to say.  There is no way at all Houston takes them down next Saturday afternoon.  On the plus side, it will not be a runaway.  Something like a 9 point differential.  Not 19 or 29. 

IF Coogs manage to stun Cats on the road, who knows who gets the Big Boy slot in NY6 land. 

p.s. Coogs have one of the worst SOS skeds in FBS - it is what it is, until at Cincinnati.  That is real tale of the tape even if we managed to beat Texas Tech game 1.  We're kinda like UTSA regarding the awful sked. 

2023 cannot come soon enough. XII.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

@masterfrog your thoughts on the new HC? 

I am ok with Dykes.  Anybody would be in a tough position following Patterson, but I think they were smart to hire an offensive guy instead of a defensive guy.  I like the names I am seeing attached to the assistant coaches and recruiting coordinator.  The Frogs may be able to keep more of the top talent from the DFW area.  The Dykes names plays in Texas.  It doesn't get much press, because he wasn't as flashy as Mike Leach, but Spike Dykes was a better coach at Texas Tech than Mike Leach.  In the last nine years Dykes was the head coach at Texas Tech, they finished second place or better in the SWC or Big 12 South eight times.  The only year they missed, they finished third.  I never understood why everybody always said that Leach was doing such a great job at Tech when he wasn't as good as the guy before him.  Spike was a great man, so I'm sure that he raised his son right.  They probably won't be putting a Sonny Dykes statue up in Fort Worth, but he can be a good place holder to get through the post-Patterson years.

5 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

If Michigan loses to Whiskey, then Wisconsin to Rose Bowl, Michigan vs SEC #3 in Citrus Bowl, OSU vs SEC #4 in Outback Bowl. Assuming Bama gets in even with a UGA lose at that point.

Gonna play Iowa, not UWisc.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

If it weren't for the fact that ND lost to Cincy this year, I'd be saying some of youse guys are funny.  Of course the voters would/will find a way to vote the Irish in.  But with that head-to-head loss there's gonna be a lot of 'splainin' to do if somehow, some way, ND squeaks past the Bearcats...

The thing that could hurt Cincy is Indiana.  Going into the season everybody thought that IU was pretty good and that beating them would be a nice chip to have.  But then the Hoosiers ended up being a dumpster fire.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, Antarctic208 said:

Question:  If Cincy loses next weekend and SDSU wins, does SDSU get the Group of 5 bid to the Big 6 bowl games?

Scratch that, SDSU is ranked ahead of Houston right now. Don’t know what rankings I was looking at. So it’s a real possibility. Houston might jump them with a win though.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Does not matter.  If Cincinnati loses they are eliminated for the automatic qualification, the auto bid for a NY6 game goes to the highest ranked G5 conference champion.  Cincy could get selected as an at large, however, but another G5 would get the auto bid.  

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Cincinnati will Get In so to say.  There is no way at all Houston takes them down next Saturday afternoon.  On the plus side, it will not be a runaway.  Something like a 9 point differential.  Not 19 or 29. 

IF Coogs manage to stun Cats on the road, who knows who gets the Big Boy slot in NY6 land. 

p.s. Coogs have one of the worst SOS skeds in FBS - it is what it is, until at Cincinnati.  That is real tale of the tape even if we managed to beat Texas Tech game 1.  We're kinda like UTSA regarding the awful sked. 

2023 cannot come soon enough. XII.

You guys won 11 games. Have a little a faith.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Doesn’t matter. They already played them and beat them. I can’t stand these hypothetical “what if“ scenarios.

I'm not adding a hypothetical what if scenario, Cincinnati should get in if they beat Houston. I'm just saying ND is a better team and would beat Cincy if they played now. The fact remains Cincy beat them.  I see the CFP leaving them out though if Bama beats Georgia and Ok St beats Baylor and Michigan beats Iowa.

12 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yes, Michigan is in though so just exchanged Michigan for Ohio St in this situation whoever won the game was going to be in the four when the new teams coming out this week.

Its ND and Big 12 Cincy needs to keep an eye on

If Michigan loses the CCG, they are out.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 hours ago, RSF said:

The thing that could hurt Cincy is Indiana.  Going into the season everybody thought that IU was pretty good and that beating them would be a nice chip to have.  But then the Hoosiers ended up being a dumpster fire.

It wouldn't have hurt as much if they had blown Indiana out. Instead, they got gifted a close win by the refs thanks to a BS targeting call.

0mK6pGK.png

Bama needed a convincing win last night. They didn't get it. If Georgia clocks them next week (as I expect, Dawgs are on another level) Bama's done.

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

If Michigan loses the CCG, they are out.

Well since this week is over now we can talk about next week but I want to see how the rankings are when they come out on Tuesday because we will have a better idea then on things. But yea like I said now will talk about next week and yes Michigan loses they are out, but i will still stand by my statement that the two biggest games to watch on Saturday will be the SEC and the Big 12 Championship games, and how the rankings are when they come out on Tuesday.