Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

UNR Basketball?

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

How many Final Fours has UNR been to?

18 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Haha. You weren’t even born yet.

The irony of number’s chest thumping UNLV basketball posts is that I, a Nevada fan living in Reno almost my entire life, have likely seen more high-level UNLV basketball live and in person than he has, and I’m certain you have. 

22 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

The irony of number’s chest thumping UNLV basketball posts is that I, a Nevada fan living in Reno almost my entire life, have likely seen more high-level UNLV basketball live and in person than he has, and I’m certain you have. 

Nobody has ever seen any high level Reno basketball.

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Nobody has ever seen any high level Reno basketball.

Lol. You’re a rational and reasonable poster on all topics that don’t involve Reno or the U of N. Why tarnish that legacy?

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Your team has been to zero as well.

You have an amazing command of the obvious.

Had your parents met when UNLV won their champions?

7 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

4 final fours, a natty, probably like 9 elite 8s and 25 sweet sixteens. 

We are a temporarily troubled blue blood. Show some respect. 

11 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

What is asking Ph if his his parents had met by 1990 have to do w/"respect?"

Y'all haven't been to an Elite-8 since 1991 (30-yrs) or won a conf regular season championship since 2000 (21-yrs).  You have a very generous definition of "temporary."

Y'all went to 5 Elite-8's during a 14-yr stretch (1987-'91).  How does this make y'all a "blue blood?"  Nothing screams "BLUE BLOOD" like the being a BIG West Conf power...haha.  

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Y'all haven't been to an Elite-8 since 1991 (30-yrs) or won a conf regular season championship since 2000 (21-yrs).  You have a very generous definition of "temporary."

Y'all went to 5 Elite-8's during a 14-yr stretch (1987-'91).  How does this make y'all a "blue blood?"  Nothing screams "BLUE BLOOD" like the being a BIG West Conf power...haha.  

You do know that Big West Conference power won a national championship  right?  Bus League might at its best

2 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

UNLV played the hardest OOC schedule in the country---and demolished them all. Big West was a better conference in the NCAA Tournament in that era than the MWC is now. Even excluding UNLV's success.

MWC has never had a team reach the Elite 8. That's pathetic. It's almost as if the MWC has been waiting for UNLV to show you peasants how it's done.

Soon.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, jdgaucho said:

You do know that Big West Conference power won a national championship  right?  Bus League might at its best

YES...ONE in 1990.  How does one lone Nat'l Championship make a school a "blue blood?

My God.  I can remember the last time I dated a woman who was alive for Nevada Southerns dream season.

29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

9 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV played the hardest OOC schedule in the country---and demolished them all. Big West was a better conference in the NCAA Tournament in that era than the MWC is now. Even excluding UNLV's success.

MWC has never had a team reach the Elite 8. That's pathetic. It's almost as if the MWC has been waiting for UNLV to show you peasants how it's done.

Soon.

FOCUS on what I said @Rebels18.

What does any of your Ancient History Lesson have to do w/ @toonkee's claim y'all are/were a "blue blood" hoops school???

28 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

We've been to more sweet 16s since 91 than you have. That's 30 years. You also haven't won a regular season crown this century. We have 8 I believe since you last won.

Nice. Don't forget the cbi! 

27 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

CSU has never done anything in any sport ever.

Not in the last 30 or 120 years.

By the way 1991-1987 equals 4. And yes UNLV's run spanned into three decades. We've lost more NCAA games than you'll ever play in.

23 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

YES...ONE in 1990.  How does one lone Nat'l Championship make a school a "blue blood?

My God.  I can remember the last time I dated a woman.

?

4 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Soon.

Even then, it would be tough for the MWC to match the Big West's best year of '89-'90 which saw UNLV's national title, three Tourney teams, one NIT team, and two teams nationally ranked in the final polls.

In '89-90 Cal State Fullerton had two future NBA players, Cedric Ceballos and Bruce Bowen.  Cal State Fullerton finished in 7th place.  Half of the conference produced at least one future NBA player that year.