Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

UNR Basketball?

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Good thing Muss is gone they said! He overemphasized on transfers instead of high school talent, they said!

Literally no Nevada fan said this. Zero. PH and one of the SDSU fans always said that about transfers. Alford has relied on transfers almost as much as Muss.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Literally no Nevada fan said this. Zero. PH and one of the SDSU fans always said that about transfers. Alford has relied on transfers almost as much as Muss.

that was only a small sample of the copium inhaled by Reno fans when Muss left 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Good thing Muss is gone they said! He overemphasized on transfers instead of high school talent, they said!

Alford is a proven winner! He 'recruited' all that talent at UCLA! He's gonna bring consistent success to UNR for the long-haul!

Really? I don't think I saw a single person even begin to suggest this. There were definitely people who were bitter about the way Muss left, but I can't imagine any Nevada fan being happy he was gone. 

Ph was the only person who was constantly saying that he couldn't win with transfers.

I thought (and still do) Alford was the best hire we could've made to replace Muss. Obviously it's been a brutal start that no one expected this year, but his coaching history shows that this is an exception to the norm for him. Maybe the game his passed him by, but I sure hope not for our sake. 

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Alford ran off Patterson for that guy. 

Did he run off Patterson? Everything I heard indicated that Patterson was our best player in practice.

21 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I was EXACTLY right!  They went to shit as soon as he left.

1 minute ago, packNV said:

Patterson had other issues.  He ran himself off.

That's how I interpreted the situation as well. That's the risk with transfers I guess, Muss just made it look easy.

40 minutes ago, bigd said:

Did he run off Patterson? Everything I heard indicated that Patterson was our best player in practice.

30 minutes ago, packNV said:

Patterson had other issues.  He ran himself off.

From what I’ve heard, there is truth to both these things. Patterson had issues, for sure, and Alford liked Bramah. The two issues worked themselves out. But he was replaced with a dude with issues himself. So here we are.