Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

Extend Kruger's Contract Now!

49 minutes ago, RSF said:

Kids...don't do drugs...

He’s got me convinced

image.gif.300da7eef95355e636e3bbae91ccc1f9.gif

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 11/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, PokeTransplant said:

Please.  For the sake of all that is sacred on this board.   Do Not Change!   You are the RR of the new generation!!

Where the hell is Rob? I figured he'd be all over this board with UNLV's start. Rebels18 is not on RR's level yet..  Rob is a golden nugget because he truly believes everything he writes.  And he's been spewing the same things for 20 years.. Classic.

16 hours ago, Pelado said:

Because Rebel fans can't go 24 hours without reminding everyone.

Speaking of which:

natl-champs.jpg

There's a reason why before the BCS, they were referred to as Mythical National Championships.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

There's a reason why before the BCS, they were referred to as Mythical National Championships.

There's also a reason BYU hasn't even been close to sniffing a BCS bowl, NY6 or the playoffs since that paper tiger season. 

The BCS and current playoff format have many flaws but not rewarding cupcake schedules anymore is a good thing, I think. 

2 hours ago, utenation said:

There's also a reason BYU hasn't even been close to sniffing a BCS bowl, NY6 or the playoffs since that paper tiger season. 

The BCS and current playoff format have many flaws but not rewarding cupcake schedules anymore is a good thing, I think. 

Agreed. I will never forget that SI article that showed the number of RM's on that BYU team and their ages, showing how much older the team is than the average team. Insanity. I say ban BYU until they change their name. 

Also, so stoked for UNLV finally looking decent again I created this account, it's great to see a toughness return to the Rebs and Kruger is the right hire. 

Just like this board I expect the attendance at the games to start picking up a bit. Real hard fought basketball is respected in Vegas and that is how this team plays. We have a tough schedule ahead of us and we’ll take our hits but this team has shown signs of growing through those experiences. 5 steps down a 31 step path. Step #6 tonight.

Rebels, Go! Fight! Win!

4 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Just like this board I expect the attendance at the games to start picking up a bit. Real hard fought basketball is respected in Vegas and that is how this team plays. We have a tough schedule ahead of us and we’ll take our hits but this team has shown signs of growing through those experiences. 5 steps down a 31 step path. Step #6 tonight.

Rebels, Go! Fight! Win!

Agreed. We just want to see progress and a work ethic comparable to the community. Kevin is the right guy, he is tough. Things are looking up. Now, let's hope the admin gives them time. 

I feel like this should be the Kevin Kruger discussion thread until further notice. Although... it would be a very on brand for us UNLV fans to keep both a "Fire" and "Extend" thread up for our current head coach concurrently. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 2/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, Rebels18 said:

I feel like this should be the Kevin Kruger discussion thread until further notice. Although... it would be a very on brand for us UNLV fans to keep both a "Fire" and "Extend" thread up for our current head coach concurrently. 

I believe the other thread will die a natural death after it gets poked a bit. I hope this thread turns out to get a giant I Told You So thread for years to come. So far, pretty good. It is nice to see D1 basketball return to the T&M.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, quickdraw said:

I believe the other thread will die a natural death after it gets poked a bit. I hope this thread turns out to get a giant I Told You So thread for years to come. So far, pretty good. It is nice to see D1 basketball return to the T&M.

It will be more than that. Our transcendence back to relevancy will herald the RUINATION of the inferior peasant programs of the MWC. UNLV is about to make this conference our new Big West bitch.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 2/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, DobyZhee said:

Is Kruger really referred to as Baby Shark?

I’d rather have Coach Kev photoshopped with Freddy Kruger and work with that.

No, some people just can’t get their blood pressure down after back to back wins.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, Rebels18 said:

Listen up mother f*ckers, the jokes are over. UNLV is BACK. We have a coach now. The sleeping giant has awoken and it is taking back it's rightful throne as power of the west. On this day forward, your pitiful little schools will just be footnotes in OUR HISTORY. 

We have better facilities than you. We will recruit better than you. We will dominate you. This season will just be a rebuild year in the larger scheme of things and we will STILL DOMINATE. UNLV WILL rule over this conference with an IRON FIST. 

We will not be humble about our ascension back to basketball divinity. It has begun.

Lubricate while you can. 

I’m going to take this “extend” thing as a desperate cry for help. It’s OK, lots of people are going through the same thing. I’m here to help. 

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/extenze-male-sexual-enhancement-original-formula-tablets-30-tablets-0352206

kat.jpg

33 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

If Kruger succeeds and UNLV doesn't step up to take care of him it will be the end of the program.  I don't know if they are smart enough to understand that.

It's the most basic finance/ investment 101.  You would think a university which offers classes on these very topics to students would be able to grasp the basic concepts and hire leadership who understands the basic premise of how it works.  We have lost so many millions over the past decade due to a chain of decisions your average middle school student wouldn't make.  Behold:

Kruger's teams were making millions for the school and still consistently top 25 nationally in attendance at the Mack.  Instead of even trying to give him a raise they let him go and hire Dave Rice on the cheap.  That genius move ended up costing the program and school millions.

Rather than spending money to hire a competent AD with the basic credentials, they let a painfully inept and over her head TKM run the ship for years.  This led to the disastrous decisions of firing Dave mid-season and the embarrassing panic move of hiring Mediocre Marv after it appeared nobody else would come coach the ruins of the team.  That costed us tens more millions and attendance continued to plummet.

When Waffleburger left and we get a huge payout and are sitting on a pile of money, hiring a first year HC with no HC experience whatsoever rather than even looking for an experienced one.  This one looks like it may be a good hire, but was a huge gamble and another example of trying to save a few pennies in the present at the cost of millions in the future.  

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 2/21/2022 at 11:16 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

It's the most basic finance/ investment 101.  You would think a university which offers classes on these very topics to students would be able to grasp the basic concepts and hire leadership who understands the basic premise of how it works.  We have lost so many millions over the past decade due to a chain of decisions your average middle school student wouldn't make.  Behold:

Kruger's teams were making millions for the school and still consistently top 25 nationally in attendance at the Mack.  Instead of even trying to give him a raise they let him go and hire Dave Rice on the cheap.  That genius move ended up costing the program and school millions.

Rather than spending money to hire a competent AD with the basic credentials, they let a painfully inept and over her head TKM run the ship for years.  This led to the disastrous decisions of firing Dave mid-season and the embarrassing panic move of hiring Mediocre Marv after it appeared nobody else would come coach the ruins of the team.  That costed us tens more millions and attendance continued to plummet.

When Waffleburger left and we get a huge payout and are sitting on a pile of money, hiring a first year HC with no HC experience whatsoever rather than even looking for an experienced one.  This one looks like it may be a good hire, but was a huge gamble and another example of trying to save a few pennies in the present at the cost of millions in the future.  

In 2009, Forbes rated UNLV as the #16 most valuable college basketball program in the country. The basketball program was raking in a multi-million dollar SURPLUS every year--and  Kruger was only making $1.1 million per year.

Oklahoma swoops in, offers him $1.5.... Kruger says no. $1.8...No! Final offer: $2.2 mill, double his salary. Kruger goes back to UNLV, requests they at least come close to that offer. UNLV probably could've gotten away with around $1.7~. UNLV cheaps out, think they get more with less in Dave Rice at $500k/yr. Between Kruger's $1mill buyout and Rice's reduced salary, UNLV profited a cool $600k from the transaction! 

The $1~ mill they saved from letting Kruger walk to Oklahoma probably cost UNLV ATLEAST $50+ million in gameday revenue, tickets sales, etc the last 10+ years. 

image.png.e9090b592e0c931b0459b93b0069f5f0.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif