Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

USFL 2022 Teams

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/usfl-reveals-its-eight-franchises-for-2022-reboot-ranking-nicknames-from-best-to-worst/ 

NORTHERN DIVISION
Michigan Panthers
New Jersey Generals
Philadelphia Stars
Pittsburgh Maulers

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Birmingham Stallions
Houston Gamblers
New Orleans Breakers
Tampa Bay Bandits

screen-shot-2021-11-22-at-2-46-17-pm.png

I don't think the new USFL will last and I don't think the XFL (planning to return in 2023) will last either. I hope they do because they provide jobs, but I doubt it.

19 minutes ago, crixus said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/usfl-reveals-its-eight-franchises-for-2022-reboot-ranking-nicknames-from-best-to-worst/ 

NORTHERN DIVISION
Michigan Panthers
New Jersey Generals
Philadelphia Stars
Pittsburgh Maulers

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Birmingham Stallions
Houston Gamblers
New Orleans Breakers
Tampa Bay Bandits

I don't think the new USFL will last and I don't think the XFL (planning to return in 2023) will last either. I hope they do because they provide jobs, but I doubt it.

With the overall popularity of the NFL.............not sure why the NFL hasn't invested in a AAA type league where the parent NFL team could sign & protect guys that they could call up when needed - Eliminate the Practice Squad 

Make it so the NFL Developmental League can have a roster of 50, so no need for NFL Practice Squad...........of the 50 D league players, the main NFL team can protect 20-25 & the rest are open to any NFL team - Sort of like MLB with the 26 man roster, then the 40 man roster 

Locate the teams in secondary sized cities not far from the parent NFL team........Atlanta / Birmingham........Houston / San Antonio............that type of set up 

I remember the original USFL, I was an LA Express fan. Steve Young was their QB for a couple of years.

Steve-Young.USFL_.410.jpg

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

With the overall popularity of the NFL.............not sure why the NFL hasn't invested in a AAA type league where the parent NFL team could sign & protect guys that they could call up when needed - Eliminate the Practice Squad 

Make it so the NFL Developmental League can have a roster of 50, so no need for NFL Practice Squad...........of the 50 D league players, the main NFL team can protect 20-25 & the rest are open to any NFL team - Sort of like MLB with the 26 man roster, then the 40 man roster 

Locate the teams in secondary sized cities not far from the parent NFL team........Atlanta / Birmingham........Houston / San Antonio............that type of set up 

They're working on it.  They're going to call it the SEC.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

They already have college football-- and it's free. Football players basically come fully formed out of college. Basketball players need a little more seasoning and you have way fewer of them on your team plus they have international ball, so that's why I think the G league is worth the expense to the NBA.

28 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

They already have college football-- and it's free. Football players basically come fully formed out of college. Basketball players need a little more seasoning and you have way fewer of them on your team plus they have international ball, so that's why I think the G league is worth the expense to the NBA.

For a while the NBA had high schools - Guys were going from HS to the NBA which was hurting college BB, even the one & done thing isn't good for college hoops 

I agree that the NCAA is a free minor league & has been since the 1940's .......but now with college players getting paid - or the P5 / P4 will become the default NFL minor league 

Aren't some HS players bypassing college now & going to the NBA DL / GL ?!?!

basically colleges had to start paying or guys were eventually going to go from HS to the $$ and bypass college 

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Because it costs money.  NFL doesnt want to do anything that doesnt make money.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Because it costs money.  NFL doesnt want to do anything that doesnt make money.

That's very true - which is why some contractual ties to NFL teams near their home region might sell to some - But the NFL is all about $$$ 

5 hours ago, crixus said:

NORTHERN DIVISION
Michigan Panthers
New Jersey Generals
Philadelphia Stars
Pittsburgh Maulers

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Birmingham Stallions
Houston Gamblers
New Orleans Breakers
Tampa Bay Bandits

screen-shot-2021-11-22-at-2-46-17-pm.png

They need to change the name to 'Eastern Football League'. They're missing two time zones.

6 hours ago, BlueCheer said:

Went to an Oakland Invaders vs Birmingham Stallions game at the coliseum back in the olden days. Cool story, I know :)

mom day GIF

6 hours ago, BlueCheer said:

Went to an Oakland Invaders vs Birmingham Stallions game at the coliseum back in the olden days. Cool story, I know :)

John Ralston was the coach 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

For a while the NBA had high schools - Guys were going from HS to the NBA which was hurting college BB, even the one & done thing isn't good for college hoops 

I agree that the NCAA is a free minor league & has been since the 1940's .......but now with college players getting paid - or the P5 / P4 will become the default NFL minor league 

Aren't some HS players bypassing college now & going to the NBA DL / GL ?!?!

basically colleges had to start paying or guys were eventually going to go from HS to the $$ and bypass college 

True and pathetic.   Must pay the student non-athlete in order to maintain the profitability of the CFB program, otherwise they won’t suit up and get us on TV while “excelling “ in their online courses.   How dare we let them go pro legitimately. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, EvilPoke said:

They need to change the name to 'Eastern Football League'. They're missing two time zones.

They should change the name to the Birmingham League of American Football. It appears that all of the games are going to be played in Birmingham (not the one in England) for at least the first year. So, go ahead and root for the New Jersey Generals if you want, but they're never leaving Alabama.