Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

Jimmy Kimmel Bowl

PAC-12 picks in a specific order, MWC picks based on best matchup. https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07/college-football-bowl-ties-affiliations-for-each-conference-2021-2022

If the PAC sends UCLA I think even if Fresno wins the conference it's unlikely they go to the LA bowl to repeat a game that was already played this season. I'd expect/hope to see someone cut a deal to put Fresno in a different game with a similar payout.

52 minutes ago, AZdogFan said:

PAC-12 picks in a specific order, MWC picks based on best matchup. https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07/college-football-bowl-ties-affiliations-for-each-conference-2021-2022

If the PAC sends UCLA I think even if Fresno wins the conference it's unlikely they go to the LA bowl to repeat a game that was already played this season. I'd expect/hope to see someone cut a deal to put Fresno in a different game with a similar payout.

What is the payout ?

I've Googled it and can't find the Info. It's the only Bowl not listing a payout.

It would be so MW if their Champ got stiffed on the check.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, Coog kev said:

I think there will be 7 from MWC bowl eligible.  Super props for MWC.  Poo the PAC.

There already are 7 MWC teams that are bowl eligible and if San Jose State beats Fresno State this week there will be 8 MWC bowl eligible teams this year.

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

What is the payout ?

I've Googled it and can't find the Info. It's the only Bowl not listing a payout.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the MWC pooled all the bowl payouts and divided them up equally.  The exception is a NY6 bowl where 50% goes to the school and 50% goes to the conference.  At least that is how I remember it happening but it may have changed.

8 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

There already are 7 MWC teams that are bowl eligible and if San Jose State beats Fresno State this week there will be 8 MWC bowl eligible teams this year.

And 9 bowl eligible teams if Hawaii beats Wyoming to finish 6-7 (if there are more bowls than spots).

33 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

And 9 bowl eligible teams if Hawaii beats Wyoming to finish 6-7 (if there are more bowls than spots).

Unless they changed the rule, Hawaii would need to get a waiver to do that. The rule was if you play 13 you had to win 7

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

What is the payout ?

I thought when they signed the deal it was the highest pay out for MWC bowls

On 11/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, Spot50B said:

Understood about location and fans but I believe that the Pac 12 instituted some specific rules about this a few years ago so a 6-6 USC can't end up in the Holiday Bowl or another more desirable bowl every year and give the Oregon State's of the world a better shot. It may be related to conference record. Can't remember.

They pick bowls in order, like Rose gets first choice, Alamo gets second, Holiday gets third, now the conference and bowls do sometimes work out deals to send teams to a certain place they wouldn't before but yea just like with most of the bowls it is a first pick, second pick thing

26 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

They pick bowls in order, like Rose gets first choice, Alamo gets second, Holiday gets third, now the conference and bowls do sometimes work out deals to send teams to a certain place they wouldn't before but yea just like with most of the bowls it is a first pick, second pick thing

In the Pac-12, you can only take a team with one fewer loss into the next available position. So if there is one 8-4 team left, say Washington State, the next bowl in line must select them over a 6-6 UCLA (as an example, I realize their current records are different).

4 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Stewart Mandel of the Athletic projections...as a BSU fan.....I say...hell ya!

image.png.8b8e66cd78ad399eff226f54bdb7c4b0.png

I don't know if it matters but, the LA Bowl should get the #5 Pac-12 team.

edit:   @An Admirer from the EastThe LA Bowl contract shows Pac-12 sends their #5 team.  Stewart Mandel is showing #6.  I believe the old Las Vegas Bowl with the MWC tie had the #6 Pac-12 team.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

2 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

The MW needs to go 7-0 with those matchups. Those other teams are Middlin' at best.

With Coastal, I'll give them Pedestrian.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/21/2021 at 3:37 PM, RSF said:

The ESPN guess is San Diego State vs....UTSA.

Because the Pac 12 could put 2 in the NYD.  Rose and Fiesta.

The loser of the P12 CCG will most likely go to the Alamo I think. The overall conference has been pretty bad this year.

If the loser is Utah, we'd have 4 losses. If it's Oregon, they'd have 3 losses and pretty much fell apart in Nov/Dec..

I actually don't see much wrong with those I mean you could flip Boise and Fresno if anything but you don't have to either. I think Oregon St would do the Los Angeles Bowl as I think State will beat Washington and Oregon St will loose to Oregon.

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I actually don't see much wrong with those I mean you could flip Boise and Fresno if anything but you don't have to either. I think Oregon St would do the Los Angeles Bowl as I think State will beat Washington and Oregon St will loose to Oregon.

Fresno really wants to go the Tater Bowl....let's not deny them the opportunity!

11 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

If you guys lose to SDSU, the Aztecs absolutely will not lose to USU because a hobbled Bonner is going to be a standing duck for our front seven. Washington State won't be the Pac12 #6 but that's not the proper number, it's #5 and that WILL be Up the Wazzu. I'll be thrilled to watch my team get yet another victory over a team from that overrated conference.

I think it really comes down to what team wins the conference because a rematch seems unlikely.  Fresno beat UCLA. Utah State Beat Wazzu. San Diego State beat Arizona State and Utah, though neither would play in this game. Boise State plays Oregon State next year, though that is probably not enough to change things. Air Force didn't go up against any of them, I believe..