Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

Jimmy Kimmel Bowl

Looks like the Pac-12 will only get 6 teams eligible and this bowl is their #6.

Oregon State , Wazzu and Arizona State appear to be the most likely choices. All three could pull out wins in their rivalry games so facing a 7-5 squad (or better) seems likely. I think if Wazzu loses the Apple Cup then they'll plan in this game for sure 

5 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

I think there will be 7 from MWC bowl eligible.  Super props for MWC.  Poo the PAC.

There are 7: Utah St, Air Force, Boise St, Wyoming, San Diego St, Fresno St and Nevada.

USC and Cal still have shots, although slight, at being bowl eligible as well from Pac12

The ESPN guess is San Diego State vs....UTSA.

Because the Pac 12 could put 2 in the NYD.  Rose and Fiesta.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

CBS, idiot Jerry Palm, thinks it is Fresno State in LA.  What the hay?

Sidebar:  TCU will not make the final cut for bowldom this year.  Sitting at 5-6 and concluding at Iowa State next weekend, highly not likely.  It's a good time for gentrified TCU to lick its wounds, adapt to change, and realize that c. 2023 will be an entirely different and difficult world for TCU across the board in XII land. 

F-o-r-e-v-e-r.  TCU barely slipped by Kansas yesterday on the gridiron.  Get used to it, TCU.  On the plus side there's always baseball and equestrian to win out.  And ladies fencing.  TCU, what a total yawn these days. 

However, I really super dig Clint Foster's youtube channel re TCU junks.  He's a highly creative spunky fun dude.  Too bad he's an anomaly re gentrified TCU types.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

The ESPN guess is San Diego State vs....UTSA.

Because the Pac 12 could put 2 in the NYD.  Rose and Fiesta.

Oregon or Utah will lose another so I don't think they will have them in there. I think Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh/WF/Clemson, Oklahoma St/Oklahoma/Baylor two of those three, another team from SEC.

4 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Sidebar:  TCU will not make the final cut for bowldom this year.  Sitting at 5-6 and concluding at Iowa State next weekend, highly not likely.  It's a good time for gentrified TCU to lick its wounds, adapt to change, and realize that c. 2023 will be an entirely different and difficult world for TCU across the board in XII land. 

F-o-r-e-v-e-r.  TCU barely slipped by Kansas yesterday on the gridiron.  Get used to it, TCU.  On the plus side there's always baseball and equestrian to win out.  And ladies fencing.  TCU, what a total yawn these days. 

However, I really super dig Clint Foster's youtube channel re TCU junks.  He's a highly creative spunky fun dude.  Too bad he's an anomaly re gentrified TCU types.

Because he thinks SDSU is going to lose to Boise and then Fresno will win the MWC Championship Game

^^^ oh right, gotcha.  Fresno already has the tie-breaker over Aztecs should they lose Friday morning.  But, and there's always a twist and turn.  Who says MWC Mountain division does not take the CCG?  The LA Bowl is for all the marbles in MWC land. 

5 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

^^^ oh right, gotcha.  Fresno already has the tie-breaker over Aztecs should they lose Friday morning.  But, and there's always a twist and turn.  Who says MWC Mountain division does not take the CCG?  The LA Bowl is for all the marbles in MWC land. 

Oh yea things can happen but at this moment and what he has been thinking last two weeks or so, is what I think I said so that is why he is putting Fresno there 

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked UCLA for the LA Bowl actually they are close and would bring in fans which is what they want for a first year bowl game

I think the bowls get to pick in order but final record might play into it too. It would be great if UCLA falls to the #6 choice but I have a hard time seeing Wazzu and Oregon State go off the board too.

I guess it is probable for Utah or Oregon to go 1-2 to the Rose and Fiesta, though one of those teams will have another loss in the CCG.

If there are no PAC-12 teams available for the game, I guess an undefeated UTSA would at least be something.

Actually location and fans factor in a lot more than their record, most bowl matchups are first pick, second pick and such so they are not obligated to pick anyone where they place in the standings. And sometimes bowls between each other make little deals among themselves as well. And also who the opponent of that bowl games matters as well. Really win/loss have little decision making progress overall. 

But that is why games this week are important as well because then we get a better picture of what it will be. If Mississippi wins on Thursday they probably will end up in a NY6 bowl; Alabama and Georgia are going to end up either in the playoff or NY6 bowl, I see Ohio St, Michigan and Michigan St ending up in one. ND is in one, if Cincy isn't in the playoff they will end up in one, I think out of the two, Oregon has a better shot than Utah if Oregon lost. Haven't mentioned Big 12 were we could see the same two teams play teh final week and then play for the Championship the week after. But one of the three Oklahoma/Oklahoma St/Baylor will be in it

On my end, Coogs will win against craptastic UConn next Saturday by a landslide.  Cincinnati will win at East Carolina. For the AAC crown it will be a dogfight at Cincinnati and I hope not to be pasted too badly.  I want the Hawai'i Bowl first and foremost post season.  And no other AAC bowl tie ins with some ACC squad upper east coast (that means you, Boston College or North Carolina). 

Coogs to the Hawai'i Bowl.  This is what I want most.  Coogs love to lose to MWC squads post season.  We have a knack for that mess.  Time to fix it all this year.  Bring it MWC in Hawai'i!  Assuming we get to go there. 

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Actually location and fans factor in a lot more than their record, most bowl matchups are first pick, second pick and such so they are not obligated to pick anyone where they place in the standings. And sometimes bowls between each other make little deals among themselves as well. And also who the opponent of that bowl games matters as well. Really win/loss have little decision making progress overall. 

But that is why games this week are important as well because then we get a better picture of what it will be. If Mississippi wins on Thursday they probably will end up in a NY6 bowl; Alabama and Georgia are going to end up either in the playoff or NY6 bowl, I see Ohio St, Michigan and Michigan St ending up in one. ND is in one, if Cincy isn't in the playoff they will end up in one, I think out of the two, Oregon has a better shot than Utah if Oregon lost. Haven't mentioned Big 12 were we could see the same two teams play teh final week and then play for the Championship the week after. But one of the three Oklahoma/Oklahoma St/Baylor will be in it

Understood about location and fans but I believe that the Pac 12 instituted some specific rules about this a few years ago so a 6-6 USC can't end up in the Holiday Bowl or another more desirable bowl every year and give the Oregon State's of the world a better shot. It may be related to conference record. Can't remember.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:05 PM, Coog kev said:

image.gif.6ba4d85559ea2f1df5c00ca036fc7d3a.gif

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!