Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

OT: FCS Playoffs

Go Jacks! South Dakota St.

Second round | Saturday, Dec. 4

All times eastern. All games airing on ESPN+

8 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

No defense was played but that Montana-EWU game was fun to watch last night.  

Those top level teams in Big Sky many times don't know what defense is.  Two Big sky teams still alive right now, Sac ST plays tonight, but both on the road next week against Sam Houston St and James Madison. If Sac St wins they get to host Villanova

Half Time - at large South Dakota State Jackrabbits lead #4 Sacramento State Hornets in Sacramento, 24-3. Go Jacks! 

So right now, on the ESPN channels you have UFC, Cornhole, a replay of Womens College Soccer, and HS basketball.

Doesnt ESPN realize what ratings winner NDSU is?  I dont get it.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

At large South Dakota State beat #4 Sacramento State, 24-19. The Jackrabbits advance to play @ #5 Villanova. Go Jacks! 

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2021

South Dakota St.

So Montana State changed QB, and now McKay enters the transfer portals in the middle of the playoffs. I know people need to keep their best interests in mind, but is waiting one, two, three weeks really going to matter in the long run?  Heck, if I am a prospective coach, this sort of bailing is a warning bell to me.  Who knows, maybe something happened behind the scenes, but on the surface, not a good look.

Kiss of death, I am hoping for an all Montana final, get er done Griz and Cats.

3 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

So Montana State changed QB, and now McKay enters the transfer portals in the middle of the playoffs. I know people need to keep their best interests in mind, but is waiting one, two, three weeks really going to matter in the long run?  Heck, if I am a prospective coach, this sort of bailing is a warning bell to me.  Who knows, maybe something happened behind the scenes, but on the surface, not a good look.

I'm hoping for an all Dakota, SDSU vs NDSU final ending in defeat for the Bizon.  That said, I don't think the Jacks are as good of a team this fall as they were this spring.  I don't see SDSU making the final.  If the Jacks fall then the Bobcats followed by the Griz will be the teams I'll pull for.

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

He apparently bailed on North Carolina State previously when he was beat out for the starting job.  I can’t imagine any serious coach would want a player that bails like that.  

But Vigen found his QB…freshman that threw for 50 yards on 8-20 passing and ran for 186 yards.  Sounds like the perfect guy.  

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Sounds like he wants his way and that's it and you better start me or else. I think his bridges have been burnt

North Dakota State leads East Tennessee State 20-0 with 6:06 left in the third quarter on ESPN.

Of more importance to me, South Dakota State @ #5 Villanova is now underway on ESPN+. Go Jacks! 

South Dakota St.

17 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

JMU trying to move to FBS with the title.  Putting it on The Griz

They aren't moving for until 23 from what I read and I read somewhere, which don't know if if true, but James Madison is an FCS independent next year not in CAA

#5 Villanova leads South Dakota State at half time, 21-14.