Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 11/21/21 - FOUR HUGE GAMES (5 total) - WHO YA GOT?

Four fantastic matchups with potential Quad 1/Quad 2 opportunities.

I hope Air Force keeps plugging away. Their non-conference schedule is weak but understandable given what Joe Scott is trying to rebuild and how he’s doing it with freshmen. What matters is that they keep winning. By the way, the Tulsa team that Air Force beat took down a Top 100 Rhode Island yesterday.  There’s a good chance if they keep progressing that they’ll nick some wins against the top half of the MWC.

As much as I like the way Boise is playing, I think Ole Miss is a very undervalued team whose defense will allow them to win the game.  I’ll take Ole Miss -1.

I think Oklahoma is a better team than Utah State but I think the 5.5 is problematic. I’ll stay away.

CSU vs Creighton should be a fun game with two teams that like to score in transition. I see it as a Pick Em, not a 3-point game.  You know I won’t bet CSU but I would seriously consider the value of a Creighton Moneyline pick (hope I’m wrong) and the Over.

im not going anywhere near that UNLV- Wichita game. It will be a slugfest. 

1 minute ago, KingBronco said:

Boom. BSU smokes Ole Miss late, ends up winning 60-50. Statistically the best OOC win in the MWC so far this year. Ole Miss was #56 in Ken Pom. The Leon Rice haters are gonna be pissed.

Nice win Donks.

Great team win. Obviously there's some things to clean up (free throws especially) but the team looked very good against such a well-coached, athletic opponent.

3 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

The Leon Rice haters are gonna be pissed.

Rice wouldn't have "haters" if he could do this in February and March. Like it or not, until he figures out how to stop the late-season meltdowns, there will always be skepticism.

0mK6pGK.png

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

If they could make FT's and layups the Broncos would have won by 30.  Really good D and rebounding won this one.

Mississippi isn't great offensively, but that was one of the better defensive performances I've seen by BSU in an OOC game.

Ole Miss was averaging 80 ppg. We held them to 50. Armus makes a few more layups and we shoot FTs better and this game wouldn’t have been close. Going 2-1 in the tournament losing only to St Bonaventure was a good result. 

Aggies up next against OU. A win would be huge for the MWC. 

Fantastic win by Boise. That will go a long way to strengthening their post season resume. Easily Quad 2, maybe Quad 1 depending on how well Ole Miss plays in the SEC.

I forgot to mention earlier that I actually met Jaemyn Brakefield of Ole Miss when he was on his official visit to Duke the day CSU played there two years ago.  My wife and I were visiting the Duke Chapel and he just happened to be there with family and Dike assistant Nate James. We said hello to he and his family and went our way.