Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

It wouldn’t be first year “coaches“ it would be a horrifically incompetent “coach“ in the singular. And honestly… There is not one college football coach on this planet that would decide against applying for the position because a subpar coach who led the team to its worst offensive I’ll put in nearly a quarter of a century was let go.

Any coach who would balk at this job because we let the offensive coordinator responsible for one of our worst offenses ever go is not the type of coach I'd want anyway.

0mK6pGK.png

6 hours ago, SDDean said:

Looks like it’s she all she wrote for the donkeys. 

I admit, my evaluation/prediction of how this game would go was completely wrong... 

Well, scratch that, the truth is the first quarter and a half this game was exactly how I expected but after that it went way way different than what I had expected.  

Like most of you, I have watch many hours of MW football (for years) and this was not something I expected. 

The gritty little Aztecs really stepped up.  They had their backs to the wall in the biggest of ways.  Heck, their HC called a fake punt on their own 25 in the 2nd Q... that is something you do when you are a bit desperate... they don't get the first down and you think it's over but the Aztec's D stepped up from that point forward... and where did that O come from????..

Nice job Aztecs!!!  Nice win on national TV.  That's something Aztec fans say causes them to become shrinking violets... but not today!

The luster is all the way off of Boise from here on in... they are a good team and will continue to be but they are no longer the darlings of the MWC.  It's anybody's conference from here on forward. (Sorry BSU fans but that's the truth.)

6 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

The only homer I see is the guy who's spending hours defending an inept offensive coordinator and shaming others for not sharing their blind faith that he'll somehow do better next season.

No blind faith here, only realistic expectations.  You should try it 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

No blind faith here, only realistic expectations.  You should try it 

There's nothing realistic about your expectations of a major improvement from Plough next year. There's no evidence to support it. Just kneejerk accusations that anyone who disagrees is spoiled, miserable, unreasonable, and countless other thought-terminating cliches.

0mK6pGK.png

1 minute ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

There's nothing realistic about your expectations of a major improvement from Plough next year. There's no evidence to support it. Just kneejerk accusations that anyone who disagrees is spoiled, miserable, unreasonable, and countless other thought-terminating cliches.

He hasn’t even placed one recruit on the field for his system which is whole cloth different than the prior regime. I love the current kids on the team , but they are not built for the system that Plough wants to run. The fact that we were in the run for a spot in the CCG in the last game of the year is a good sign. Please align your expectations with reality, then I can take you serious. 

5 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Oh the irony 

You are an idiot. You make vague  claims that I’m some idiot named Bruce 49. Did Bruce touch you where he wasnt supposed to . Show me where Bruce hurt you zagidiot ! Where did Bruce touch you! 

2 hours ago, Someone Else said:

I admit, my evaluation/prediction of how this game would go was completely wrong... 

Well, scratch that, the truth is the first quarter and a half this game was exactly how I expected but after that it went way way different than what I had expected.  

Like most of you, I have watch many hours of MW football (for years) and this was not something I expected. 

The gritty little Aztecs really stepped up.  They had their backs to the wall in the biggest of ways.  Heck, their HC called a fake punt on their own 25 in the 2nd Q... that is something you do when you are a bit desperate... they don't get the first down and you think it's over but the Aztec's D stepped up from that point forward... and where did that O come from????..

Nice job Aztecs!!!  Nice win on national TV.  That's something Aztec fans say causes them to become shrinking violets... but not today!

The luster is all the way off of Boise from here on in... they are a good team and will continue to be but they are no longer the darlings of the MWC.  It's anybody's conference from here on forward. (Sorry BSU fans but that's the truth.)

(Expand to get the reference.)

I think that became obvious last season, when SJSU beat them in the conference championship. This season solidifies it.

Damn. These tator tot tears can feed a starving nation.

8 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

He hasn’t even placed one recruit on the field for his system which is whole cloth different than the prior regime. I love the current kids on the team , but they are not built for the system that Plough wants to run. The fact that we were in the run for a spot in the CCG in the last game of the year is a good sign. Please align your expectations with reality, then I can take you serious. 

Maybe, just maybe, Plough's crappy system doesn't work as well against FBS talent like it did against FCS cupcakes. If Plough really thought he had the wrong players, he wouldn't have loudly guaranteed 50 points per game before the season.

0mK6pGK.png