Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

38 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It’s tiresome how some fans have completely unrealistic expectations and then bitch when they are not achieved. 
Why  do you even watch BSU games , you must be completely miserable!  Maybe you should be a fan of the Globetrotters . They ALWAYS beat the Senators, they ALWAYS meet you expectations , and they will NEVER  let you down. 

Playing as the New Jersey Reds, they won 100–99 on January 5, 1971 in Martin, Tennessee, ending their 2,495-game losing streak. Klotz credits the overtime win to a guard named Eddie Mahar, who was team captain.[19] Harlem's captain, Curly Neal, did not play in this game.[20]

While the Globetrotters were entertaining the crowd that day, they lost track of the game and the score. They found themselves down 12 points with two minutes left to go. Forced to play normal basketball, the Globetrotters rallied but could not recover.[21]

The Reds secured their victory when the 50-year-old Klotz hit the winning basket with seconds left. Then Meadowlark Lemon missed a shot that would have given the game back to the Globetrotters. The timekeeper tried to stop the clock but could not. When the final buzzer sounded, the crowd was dumbfounded and disappointed.[5] Klotz described the fans' reaction: "They looked at us like we killed Santa Claus."

Some children in the stands cried after the loss.[20] The Reds celebrated by dousing themselves with orange soda instead of champagne. Lemon was furious, saying, "You lost, I didn't lose," but still visited the opposing team’s locker room to congratulate the Reds.[5]

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I said you are resorting to personal attacks, which is true. It is what it is. I never said Plough would be fired. You said he had a good season given the circumstances and deserves to be retained. That's the part that I s hard to defend.

You did say Plough SHOULD be fired. 

Plough deserves more time which is my opinion. He will get it, so we will see what happens. 

5 hours ago, Cincy said:

This game is over.  SUDS can't play catch up.

@dshawfan don’t act like you weren’t thinking the same thing. Lol

Your offense is usually like an option offense trying to climb back from a deficit. 

Just got home. Such a fun 2.5 quarters of football. We were done for until Joe Mont.., I mean Jordan Brookshire, came in and carried the offense. Boise OL coach should carry Barcmeirs luggage cuz he almost got him killed. On to the Championship game!

Good game Boise.  Down 16-3 I thought we were done and would lose by 40.  Crazy game.

I don't get the hate for Plough though (well yes I do because everyone blames the coordinator when one side has a bad game).  With Stetz out it made the OL's job even more difficult and they didn't play very well IMO.  I don't care who the OC is, if your OL has a tough time protecting the QB and opening up holes in the run game your offense won't be able to do much.

BTW - we should be playing each other every year. 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise would’ve won 9+ games this year with Prince as OC. Plough is the worst OC Boise has had since Houston Nutt year.

Not going to argue that Boise had the talent to win 9+ games.  You are correct. they were out coached consistently at half time? Yes.  But the staff doesn’t have much experience.  I do think this down turn will hurt the big 12 invite chances so the young guns better get more than 7 wins next year.   I think everyone knew what was going to happen in the second half of today’s game.  I bet it.  And so did anyone else who follows the mountain west.   Head in the sand and calling for more time won’t magically make adjustments occur.   They need some savvy coaches hired.  I wouldn’t wait. 

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

It’s a possibility, but it would be incredibly stupid to make firing decisions based on what might happen. Let’s wait until we see what actually happens before we mske a decision. That is what smart people do 

Actually it’s not. What you are advocating for is a reactive approach as opposed to a proactive approach. Smart leaders and winners handle things proactively. There is  absolutely  nothing whatsoever to indicate that Plough  or the offense will get better. Hank is who he is; a warrior with the heart of a champion but mediocre to subpar at pocket awareness and getting the ball off in time. Shakir will be gone and the o-line is subpar. Plough has done absolutely nothing to warrant a second season. 

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

No dummy , smart people wait until all the facts are in until they make huge decisions like firing a coach. 

why would anybody ever want to coach here if they were not given a fair shot to prove themselves. Fire Plough , great, now we have a bad reputation as a career ending place to work, and no budget to hire a decent OC. 

Slight correction, he is under a one-year contract so he would not be fired. His contract would simply not be renewed. Which would be the proactive decision. And the correct decision.

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Does the amazing Jack Sears have any more eligibility? If so, can you guys manage to keep him from transferring to the many schools which would undoubtedly love to see him behind center for them?

I think he's got one more year and my money is he will re-enter the portal.

10 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Slight correction, he is under a one-year contract so he would not be fired. His contract would simply not be renewed. Which would be the proactive decision. And the correct decision.

You are an ignorant fool. Firing , not renewing contract are the same thing. 

12 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Actually it’s not. What you are advocating for is a reactive approach as opposed to a proactive approach. Smart leaders and winners handle things proactively. There is  absolutely  nothing whatsoever to indicate that Plough  or the offense will get better. Hank is who he is; a warrior with the heart of a champion but mediocre to subpar at pocket awareness and getting the ball off in time. Shakir will be gone and the o-line is subpar. Plough has done absolutely nothing to warrant a second season. 

If Andy or Boise State get known for flushing 1st year coaches it might not be a good thing.  There are many angles to hiring a staff on the cheap like Boise just did. 

As for next season, it's the real evaluation for this staff.  Everyone healthy and they repeat this crap then let's talk.

15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Smart leaders wat until they have all the relevant information available to them before they make a big decision like firing a coordinator dummy, which is why he will get a one year renewal as he should. 

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

If Andy or Boise State get known for flushing 1st year coaches it might not be a good thing.  There are many angles to hiring a staff on the cheap like Boise just did. 

As for next season, it's the real evaluation for this staff.  Everyone healthy and they repeat this crap then let's talk.

FiRe mUh cOorDiNATor!

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

image.jpeg.52afc55c0005f311d4bb042c507e39cc.jpeg

Torn about this game to be honest

Had BSU bet every which way because I thought BSU could score enough to get past the pedestrian SDSU offense..........looking good with BSU up 16-3...........then Hoke made a QB switch & the tables turned.........BSU's offense looked inept while SDSU went into a gear few knew they had.........lost every bet that was tied to this alternative universe of a game..........but that's betting for you

Now about the outcome.........SDSU winning as the 21st ranked team is good for the entire MWC......that's a plus as they could get into the teen rankings, 19th maybe............on the flip side, Can't say I don't enjoy seeing BSU get body slammed...........is there trouble in Boise? Has the once stout potato been skinned? 

Congrats to the Aztecs......the sports books didn't think you'd win but in the end you're 11-1 & into the title game against a spastic Utah St team that could be any given version (Good, Bad or Ugly) that we've seen this season 

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Smart leaders wat until they have all the relevant information available to them before they make a big decision like firing a coordinator dummy, which is why he will get a one year renewal as he should. 

Again with the name-calling. What “relevant information“ will you have access to next year that you were not privy to this year? Because without Shakir and Hank being who he is and our offensive line being what it is, my guess is that you will just use those built-in excuses to justify keeping him on board for a third year.

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

As other posters have pointed out, your name-calling only diminishes your credibility even more. You know you cannot logically justify your position so you have to resort to emotion and rhetoric.

Listen , when I see an ignorant fool, I point out the ignorant fool. I absolutely can justify my positions and  I already have multiple times In this thread. If your tender feelings get hurt then maybe you should take your tender ass back to idiotcountry where you can stroke  other likeminded fools off.