Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State @ San Diego State

4 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Again, show me an example of unrealistic expectations posed in this thread by me or State of Mind. This is a straw man argument. When your team is capable of winning every game on its schedule but is held back by a sub par offense, it is appropriate to talk about how that offense should improve. 

What exactly are you defending anyway? 

Talking about the offense needing  to improve is worlds away from saying we need to fire the OC after 1 season. I agreee the offense needs to improve, but firing the OC would be incredibly stupid. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Again, EVERYBODY KNEW THAT 6 to 9 WINS AND NOT MAKING  THE CCG WAS A VERY REALISTIC POSSIBILITY. That was my mindset going into this season and is the realistic expectation. 

Which is why nobody is talking about firing Andy. Offense was worst in quarter century, and it’s not even close. Like 10 points per game worse than Prince. Without special teams and defense touchdowns/turnovers this offense is about the same as Wyoming.

And returned 9 starters from a team near the top of the league.

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Again, EVERYBODY KNEW THAT 6 to 9 WINS AND NOT MAKING  THE CCG WAS A VERY REALISTIC POSSIBILITY. That was my mindset going into this season and is the realistic expectation. 

If you expected the offense to be this bad, you're a far bigger pessimist than you're accusing me of being.

Even if 6-9 wins was the consensus expectation going into the season, the reality is that every single game was winnable and the offense shit the bed. If you really can't understand why people are concerned about the offense, I don't know what to tell you.

0mK6pGK.png

Talking about the offense needing  to improve is worlds away from saying we need to fire the OC after 1 season. I agreee the offense needs to improve, but firing the OC would be incredibly stupid. 

Not if you don't believe in the offensive scheme or the person implementing it. The crazy thing is you haven't said that you believe in it either. Coordinators get let go after one year all the time. This isn't firing a head coach and blowing the whole thing up FFS. 

Just now, Spot50B said:

So by that logic, we should never do anything, just wait. Smart people make tough decisions by weighing the risks and benefits. They always act, it's never about wait and see. Either you are doing everything you can to work with your team fix the problem or you find a new team that can fix it.  And every second of every day you are thinking about what might happen in order to mitigate that. That is what what smart people do.

No dummy , smart people wait until all the facts are in until they make huge decisions like firing a coach. 

why would anybody ever want to coach here if they were not given a fair shot to prove themselves. Fire Plough , great, now we have a bad reputation as a career ending place to work, and no budget to hire a decent OC. 

Just now, Spot50B said:

Not if you don't believe in the offensive scheme or the person implementing it. The crazy thing is you haven't said that you believe in it either. Coordinators get let go after one year all the time. This isn't firing a head coach and blowing the whole thing up FFS. 

I’ll wait until more data is in to decide whether f I believe in it. I’ll wait until Plough has a chance to recruit the guys he wants. 1 year with the prior coach’s recruits is not near enough time . 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The reason why people want a new OC is because the current one not only fielded the worst offense in decades, but also didn't improve anything all season. Just because you have blind faith in Plough to do better next year - and make no mistake, it is blind faith, given the demonstrated lack of improvement over the course of the season - doesn't mean it's reasonable to expect that everyone else will too.

0mK6pGK.png

For CFP rankings released next Tuesday I was hoping Iowa would lose at Nebraska so that both Aztecs and Coogs move up a notch.  That didn't happen but Huskers gave over ranked Iowa a good scare.  Next Tuesday it will all remain the same save upper tier of the CFP rankings with several of them going head-to-head and pretty much playing cards with each other. 

For lower tier..NC State hopefully loses at Mack Brown's North Carolina tonight.  BYU will not lose at Southern Cal.  Aggy will not lose at Geaux in Baton Rouge.  Maybe, just maybe Wake Forest screws up at Syracuse.  Wake Forest woke days need some shut eye.   

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

No dummy , smart people wait until all the facts are in until they make huge decisions like firing a coach. 

why would anybody ever want to coach here if they were not given a fair shot to prove themselves. Fire Plough , great, now we have a bad reputation as a career ending place to work, and no budget to hire a decent OC. 

You are talking about an offensive coordinator and you are resorting to personal attacks because your arguments make no sense. 

1 hour ago, Aggie84025 said:

way to go aztecs.  excited for the matcup next week.  take it easy on Bonner your D-line is legit.  Excited for the Aggies to get to the championship game.

Bring it- we may actually have more than 100 butts in the seats for that game.

See you in LA!

1 minute ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

The reason why people want a new OC is because the current one not only fielded the worst offense in decades, but also didn't improve anything all season. Just because you have blind faith in Plough to do better next year - and make no mistake, it is blind faith, given the demonstrated lack of improvement over the course of the season - doesn't mean it's reasonable to expect that everyone else will too.

Absolutely- your OC did everything he could to put your team into a position to win.

You had an off year. Wish we played you guys every year, class fans!

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

Also, you really think Plough did well (your words)? You believe that he is the guy? An effective RPO offense is, in your opinion the path forward for Boise State to become a dominant offense that can "hang half a hundred" on anyone?

Do you have to hang a 50 spot on someone to have an effective offense ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

You do know that am offensive  coordinator  is a coach right ? 

You are angry so personal attacks are the only thing you have left. I haven't done that once. Does it make you feel like you are winning. There's no Monopoly board for you to turn over right now.

1 hour ago, SDDean said:

And that game wasn’t even that close. It was over before halftime. 

I remember, I was there.

Btw, todays offense was more remeniscent of the Air Coryell era. 290 through the Air, 118 on the ground.

Brookshire sure made it look easy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

You are angry so personal attacks are the only thing you have left. I haven't done that once. Does it make you feel like you are winning. There's no Monopoly board for you to turn over right now.

You do know that if you have to specifically point out that you won the argument, you didn’t win the argument. We have a difference of opinion. BSU is not stupid enough to fire Plough after 1 season so this will play itself out. 

19 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It's crazy to me that Boise doesn't have more money for their coaching pool. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You do know that if you have to specifically point out that you won the argument, you didn’t win the argument. We have a difference of opinion. BSU is not stupid enough to fire Plough after 1 season so this will play itself out. 

I said you are resorting to personal attacks, which is true. It is what it is. I never said Plough would be fired. You said he had a good season given the circumstances and deserves to be retained. That's the part that I s hard to defend.